7 MILE RESTAURANT WEEK comes to Avalon & Stone Harbor Monday, June 5th through Sunday, June 11th. Nearly 50 local restaurants will offer breakfast & lunch specials, and three-course dinners for $30.17. It’s a perfect opportunity to try that new place you’ve heard about, or return to an old favorite! Click here for a list of participating restaurants: http://visitavalonnj.com/
AVALON LIFEGUARD TEST: Avalon will hold its annual lifeguard tests on Saturday, June 3rd and Saturday, June 10th at 10am on the 32nd Street beach. Do you have what it takes? For more info on the test and other requirements, click here: http://avalonboro.net/
THE MONTH OF JUNE brings out the best of the shore, but with smaller crowds! As the weather gets nicer and the ocean warms up, you’ll have fun on the beach, fishing, or playing golf, and you’ll be able to get a table at your favorite restaurant, too! If you can, spend some time here on the Island before the peak of the season!
Blue skies and puffy white clouds make it feel like summer!
FLOOD INSURANCE REVIEW: If you need to take a look at your flood insurance coverage, be sure to attend a free seminar at the Stone Harbor Library from 1-3pm on Saturday, June 17th. From the latest regulations to foundation vents, David Sonner from Land and Sea Services Flood Mitigation and Sam Wierman from Ide Insurance Agency will cover a variety of topics. Be sure to bring your flood elevation certificate for a free review. For more information and to RSVP, click here:
MARY LEE has a friend! Mary Lee, a 16-foot great white shark, was tagged off Massachusetts several years ago, and has frequented the waters off the Jersey coast many times since. But recently a second tagged great white named Cisco, who measures just under 9 feet in length, was located in the waters off Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Both sharks’ travels have been documented on Facebook, as well as by traditional media. While following their whereabouts is fascinating, they are both many miles offshore, and thus, far away from beachgoers.
DID YOU KNOW that Long & Foster clients benefit from an array of one-stop services, including mortgages, title insurance, and homeowner’s insurance? Whether you need to refinance your mortgage or update your insurance coverage, let me put you in touch with an expert. Of course, if you’re ready to buy, sell, or rent, please call me!
- iPad Workshop for beginners, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, June 3
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Annual Tour of Homes, call 609-313-2460 for tickets, 12:30-4PM, Saturday, June 3
- APAC concert featuring ‘The British Invasion Years,’ visit http://
avalonperformingarts.org/ events/ for details, Avalon Community Hall, 6:30PM, Saturday, June 3
- Stone Harbor’s Farmers Market, 95th Street & Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 4
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10-11AM, Sunday, June 4
- 7 Mile Restaurant Week, island wide specials at many restaurants, http://
visitavalonnj.com/where-to- dine/restaurant-week-menus for details, Monday, June 5 through Sunday, June 11
- Stone Harbor Property Owners Association General Membership Meeting, Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor, social at 8AM, meeting at 8:30AM, Saturday, June 10
- Avalon Historical Society Miniature Golf Competition, GoFish Mini Golf, www.avalonhistorycenter.
org for details, 9AM, Saturday, June 10
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association annual public safety meeting, speakers are Chiefs McCormack & Dean, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, June 10
- Avalon Garden Club Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, Noon-4PM, Saturday, June 10
- Stone Harbor’s Farmers Market, 95th Street & Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 11
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10-11AM, Sunday, June 11
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents Traditional Jazz Concert, proceeds benefit Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, June 11
- Avalon Lions Club Pancake Breakfast, Avalon Community Hall, 8-11AM, Saturday, June 17
- NFIP Flood Insurance Seminar, bring your flood elevation certificate for a free review, Stone Harbor Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, June 17
- Avalon Historical Society Olde House Tour, visit www.avalonhistorycenter.
org for details, 1-4PM, Saturday, June 17
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Strawberry Festival, 95th Street & Third Avenue, 6PM-8PM, Sunday, June 18
- Avalon Performing Arts Council 30th Anniversary Art Show, ‘Three Decades of Art,’ Avalon Elementary School, http://
avalonperformingarts.org/ events/ for details, 6-9PM, Friday, June 23 and 10am-4pm, Saturday, June 24
8931 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $529,000, SOLD MLS#: 175384
26 Weber Court, Stone Harbor, $545,000, SOLD MLS#: 173315
3956 Ocean Drive, 2nd Floor, Avalon, $580,000, SOLD MLS#: 169100
3347 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $830,000, SOLD MLS#: 175457
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd., #309, Stone Harbor Manor, $886,500, SOLD MLS#: 174785
266 43rd Street, Avalon, $935,000, SOLD MLS#: 176291
8307 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,550,000, SOLD MLS#: 172084
511 20th Street, Avalon, $1,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 161228
2388 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,313,333, SOLD MLS#: 174279
660 First Avenue, Avalon, $2,910,000, SOLD MLS#: 174545
4510 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $4,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 174604