7 MILE RESTAURANT WEEK runs through Sunday, June 11th. Enjoy the last few days of the promotion—try a new restaurant or visit an old favorite! Check out your options here:http://visitavalonnj.com/
A 537-POUND mako shark was weighed in at Canyon Club Marina in Cape May last weekend. Another Wildwood-based boat landed a 293-pound thresher shark. That’s some good fishing, just in time for the South Jersey Shark Tournament, which begins Thursday the 8th and runs through Saturday.
BOATERS IN NEW JERSEY are required to have a boating safety certificate in their possession while operating a vessel in New Jersey waters. To find a boating safety class near you, use the US Coast Guard Auxiliary website: http://www.cgaux.
Sunrise along the beach: golden light reflects off the surf and sand.
RESIDENT’S DAY: Cape May County residents can take advantage of free admission to several attractions in Cape May on Sunday, June 11th, thanks to the Mid Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities Community Day, sponsored by Sturdy Savings Bank. Proof of residency gets you free admission to the Cape May Lighthouse, the World War II lookout tower, the Emlen Physick Estate, or a trolley tour through historic Cape May. Bring one of the following to prove your residency: driver’s license, voter registration card, passport, or a utility bill. Children under age 18 need not prove residency, but must be accompanied by an eligible adult.
NEED A FUN, educational camp for your child this summer? Check out the variety of programs offered by the Wetlands Institute. Kids from 4 through 13 can attend various camps and learn about fish, mammals, shore birds, weather, and habitats, with programs for older kids including field trips and beach days. Programs run weekly in July and August. Check them out here:http://wetlandsinstitute.
- 7 Mile Restaurant Week, island wide specials at many restaurants, http://
visitavalonnj.com/where-to- dine/restaurant-week-menus for details, Now through Sunday, June 11
- Stone Harbor Property Owners Association General Membership Meeting, Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor, social at 8AM, meeting at 8:30AM, Saturday, June 10
- Avalon Historical Society Miniature Golf Competition, GoFish Mini Golf, www.avalonhistorycenter.
org for details, 9AM, Saturday, June 10
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association annual public safety meeting, speakers are Chiefs McCormack & Dean, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, June 10
- Avalon Garden Club Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, Noon-4PM, Saturday, June 10
- Stone Harbor’s Farmers Market, 95th Street & Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 11
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10-11AM, Sunday, June 11
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Atlantic City Jazz Band, proceeds benefit Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, June 11
- 3rd Annual Paper Peddler Trivia Night, Avalon History Center, 7PM, Tuesday, June 13
- Avalon Lions Club Pancake Breakfast, Avalon Community Hall, 8-11AM, Saturday, June 17
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, June 17
- IPad Computer Class focusing on photos & files, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, June 17
- NFIP Flood Insurance Seminar, bring your flood elevation certificate for a free review, Stone Harbor Library, www.stoneharborbeach.
com for info, 1-3PM, Saturday, June 17
- Avalon Historical Society Olde House Tour, www.avalonhistorycenter.
org for details, 1-4PM, Saturday, June 17
- Big Band Dance featuring Tony DeLuca & the Paisans, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, June 17
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street & Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 18
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Strawberry Festival, 95th Street & Third Avenue, 6PM-8PM, Sunday, June 18
- Opening Day at Stone Harbor’s 82nd Street REC field, children will experience 4 sports in 2 hours (soccer, tennis, basketball & baseball), free for kids from 4-14 years of age, visitwww.
stoneharborrecreation.com for times & details, Friday, June 23
- Avalon Performing Arts Council 30th Anniversary Art Show, ‘Three Decades of Art,’ Avalon Elementary School, visit www.
avalonperformingarts.org for details, 6-9PM, Friday, June 23 & 10AM-4PM, Saturday, June 24
- Avalon Public Library Open House & Story Book Bash, face painting, stories, giveaways & fun for the whole family, 10AM-1PM, Saturday, June 24
- All Aboard…How the Railroad Made Avalon, History Center Interpreter Bill Mengel presents the history of the Avalon railroad & shares great old photos, Avalon Public Library, 7-8PM, Monday, June 26
351 96th Street, #205, Stone Harbor, $425,000, SOLD MLS#: 174769
234 21st Street, Avalon, $470,000, SOLD MLS#: 175864
10726 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $500,000, SOLD MLS#: 175408
125 80th Street, Avalon, $670,000, SOLD MLS#: 174865
3347 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $830,000, SOLD MLS#: 175457
14 E. 27th Street, Avalon, $956,000, SOLD MLS#: 175357
223 35th Street, Avalon, $980,000, SOLD MLS#: 175486
179 20th Street, Avalon, $1,279,135, SOLD MLS#: 175972
128 10th Street, Avalon, $1,640,000, SOLD MLS#: 174747
56 E. 11th Street, Avalon, $2,325,000, SOLD MLS#: 176533
45 E. 12th Street, Avalon, $2,575,000, SOLD MLS#: 176077
45 E. 15th Street, Avalon, $3,245,000, SOLD MLS#: 174221