IT FEELS LIKE SUMMER! After cool weather much of the spring, a recent spike in temperatures has it feeling like summer again. Temperatures were in the 90s several days this week, but are expected to fall back to the 70s for the weekend. In case you’re wondering, the ocean water temperature is already a delightful 70 degrees!
IS THE BRIDGE OPEN YET? Maybe by July 4th! The Townsend’s Inlet Bridge has been closed to vehicular traffic while undergoing emergency repairs since a crack in its structure was discovered during an April inspection. Residents and visitors on both sides of the bridge are anxious for it to reopen. After weeks of repair work from aboard a barge stationed next to the bridge, officials say they are hoping to have the bridge reopened by the July 4thweekend if things go as planned. Having the bridge open helps businesses and visitors in Avalon and Sea Isle City by saving a twenty-minute ride “the long way around!”
HABITAT ReSTORE OPEN IN CMCH: Habitat for Humanity opened its ReStore in Cape May Court House last week at 20 Court House-South Dennis Road, offering building materials and household items for resale. The store is open Monday through Saturday,
Looking for lunch…an egret makes his way toward a small pond in the marsh behind Avalon.
AVALON HISTORICAL SOCIETY’S Photography Competition winners and other entries will be on display at the Avalon History Center through Tuesday, June 27th. Stop by the History Center to view not only the photography, but the Avalon artifacts in the museum’s collection. For info on the Avalon Historical Society’s upcoming Olde House Tour, plus a talk on railroads in Avalon, see the event list below!
MAKE A SUMMER BUCKET LIST! What’s on your “I wanna do it!” list this summer? Perhaps you want to catch a sunrise on the beach? Catch a fish with your grandchild? Climb to the top of the Cape May Lighthouse? Whatever is on your Summer Bucket List, set aside some time and make a point of doing it!
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Maritime Festival, on the grounds of the lighthouse in Anglesea (North Wildwood), Saturday and Sunday
, June 17 & 18
- Avalon Lions Club Pancake Breakfast, Avalon Community Hall, 8-11AM, Saturday, June 17
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, June 17
- IPad Computer Class focusing on photos & files, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, June 17
- NFIP Flood Insurance Seminar, bring your flood elevation certificate for a free review, Stone Harbor Library, http://stoneharbornj.
org/nfip-flood-insurance- seminar-scheduled-saturday- 61717/ for info, 1-3PM, Saturday, June 17
- Avalon Historical Society Olde House Tour, www.avalonhistorycenter.
org for details, 1-4PM, Saturday, June 17
- Big Band Dance featuring Tony DeLuca & the Paisans, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, June 17
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street & Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 18
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Sunday, June 18
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Strawberry Festival, 95th Street & Third Avenue, 6PM-8PM, Sunday, June 18
- Opening Day at Stone Harbor’s 82nd Street REC field, children will experience 4 sports in 2 hours (soccer, tennis, basketball & baseball), free for kids from 4-14 years of age, visit www.
stoneharborrecreation.com for times & details, Friday, June 23
- Avalon Performing Arts Council 30th Anniversary Art Show, ‘Three Decades of Art,’ Avalon Elementary School, visit www.
avalonperformingarts.org for details, 6-9PM, Friday, June 23 & 10AM-4PM, Saturday, June 24
- Avalon Public Library Open House & Story Book Bash, face painting, stories, giveaways & fun for the whole family, 10AM-1PM, Saturday, June 24
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street & Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 25
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Sunday, June 25
- Stone Harbor’s Family Night, free fun, Stone Harbor Fire House, 7PM, Monday, June 26
- All Aboard…How the Railroad Made Avalon, History Center Interpreter Bill Mengel presents the history of the Avalon railroad & shares great old photos, Avalon Public Library, 7-8PM, Monday, June 26
- Avalon’s Beach Movie featuring ‘Sing,’ 30th Street & the beach, dusk, Tuesday, June 27
- Thursdays on Dune, activities start at 5:30PM throughout Avalon’s business district, concert starts at 7PM at Veteran’s Plaza, Thursday, June 29
3956 Ocean Drive, 2nd Floor, Avalon, $580,000, SOLD MLS#: 169100
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd., #205, Stone Harbor Manor, $729,000, SOLD MLS#: 170595
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd., #309, Stone Harbor Manor, $886,500, SOLD MLS#: 174785
266 43rd Street, Avalon, $935,000, SOLD MLS#: 176291
7458 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 170625
8307 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,550,000, SOLD MLS#: 172084
8513 Pennsylvania Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,595,000, SOLD MLS#: 173959
25 E. 23rd Street, Avalon, $1,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 173894
10540 Corinthian Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,790,000, SOLD MLS#: 171984
511 20th Street, Avalon, $1,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 161228
4515 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $1,875,000, SOLD MLS#: 172872
2400 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $2,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 173170
2388 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,313,333, SOLD MLS#: 174279
45 W. 26th Street, Avalon, $2,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 173638
660 First Avenue, Avalon, $2,910,000, SOLD MLS#: 174545
4510 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $4,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 174604
4838 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $5,025,000, SOLD MLS#: 172016
9911 Sunrise Dr., Stone Harbor, $5,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 172665