THE AVALON HOME AND LAND OWNERS ASSOCIATION’S annual meeting will take place Saturday, August 12th, at Avalon Community Hall. Mayor Martin Pagliughi will review the “State of the Borough” and County Engineer Dale Foster will address “County Projects in Avalon.” Both will take questions after their talks. All are welcome; refreshments will be served at 9:30am, and the meeting will begin at 10am.
Sailors furl their sails on the way back to the dock, as daylight gives way to evening.
“DOLPHIN WHISPERER” Nik Pattantyus has become well known for his dolphin videos, filmed while on his paddleboard just off Seven Mile Beach. Philly.com recently ran a great story on Nik and his videos…check it out here:
HOUSE PORTRAITS by Lisa Cunningham…What a great way to permanently capture your seashore memories! Imagine displaying your pride & joy either at your home or office…check out http://www.
Lisa Cunningham’s House Portraits capture the essence of your shore home!
SEA ISLE BEACHCOMBER TOURS: Volunteer guides lead beachcomber tours each week on Sea Isle City’s beaches. On each tour participants scour the beach for shells and other items, which are identified by the tour guide. The tour costs only $1 for adults or children, and leave from Sea Isle’s 29th Street Promenade at 10am every Tuesday, and every Thursday from the Pavillion at Townsend’s Inlet Waterfront Park, through August 31st. Simply check in with the tour guide before departure.
FOX ON THE BEACH! While your combing Sea Isle’s beach, be on the lookout for a fox that’s been spotted several times. Officials have attempted to trap the fox in order to relocate it to Atlantic County, but thus far have been unsuccessful.
PLANNING AHEAD! There’s plenty of summer fun remaining but it’s never too early to line up some events on Seven Mile Island for September and October. Mark your calendars now: 22nd Annual Nun’s Beach Surf Contest, 111th Street beach, 7am Saturday, September 16th; 6th Annual Savor September Festival, 96th Street, Saturday, September 23rd; Avalon Seafood Festival, 30th Street & the beach, Saturday & Sunday, October 7th & 8th.
258 PROPERTIES have sold in the local market since the first of the year; 85 more are currently under contract. Why not join the fun and purchase your very own beach home? Call me and I’ll help you find the perfect shore retreat for your needs!
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring Jersey Sound, family friendly activities throughout Avalon’s business district from 5:30PM, concert at Veteran’s Plaza at 7PM, Thursday, August 10
- Thursdays on the Lawn concert featuring Jim Bannach of BLT, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Stone Harbor, 7:30PM, Thursday, August 10
- Cape Regional Home & Health Show, Avalon Elementary School, 9AM-2PM, Saturday, August 12
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Annual Meeting featuring Avalon Mayor Marty Pagluighi & County Engineer Dale Foster, Avalon Community Hall, refreshments at 9:30AM, meeting at 10AM, Saturday, August 12
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at the Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Saturday, August 12
- Stone Harbor’s Go Green Fair, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, August 12
- Cape Regional Designer House Tour, 609-463-4040 for info & tickets, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, August 12
- Summer Club Concert Sounds of Sinatra, Avalon Community Hall, 8PM, Saturday, August 12
- Stone Harbor Surf & Turf 5 Miler, Stone Harbor Recreation Field at 8100 Second Avenue, registration at 6:45 AM, race at 8AM, Sunday, August 13
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, August 13
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Sunday, August 13
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Atlantic City Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of South Jersey, 2-4PM, Sunday, August 13
- Family Fun Night at the Stone Harbor Firehouse, 7-7:45PM, Monday, August 14
- Under the Stars, Upcoming Eclipse presentation by the SJ Astronomy Club, Avalon Free Public Library, 7:30PM, Monday, August 14
- Tuesdays at the Tower, concert featuring the Dan Anthony Band, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 7PM, Tuesday, August 15
- Avalon’s Beach Movie featuring ‘Storks,’ 30th Street & the beach, dusk, Tuesday, August 15
- Avalon Free Public Library Summer Author Series featuring Dr. Paul Offit discussing Pandora’s Lab: Seven Stories of Science Gone Wrong, Do You Believe in Magic (Vitamins, Supplements and all Things Natural), 7-8:00PM, Wednesday, August 16
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring Boy in Black Johnny Cash tribute, family friendly activities throughout Avalon’s business district from 5:30PM, concert at Veteran’s Plaza at 7PM, Thursday, August 17
- Bay Atlantic Symphony Concert, Avalon Elementary School, tickets are required & are available through the library 2 weeks prior to the performance, 7PM, Saturday, August 19
This oceanfront home sits in an extraordinary location, nestled in Avalon’s high dunes!
243 20th Street, Avalon, $725,000, SOLD MLS#: 173891
11008 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,375,000, SOLD MLS#: 172957
148 20th Street, Avalon, $1,882,000, SOLD MLS#: 173890
551 Berkley Road, Stone Harbor, $2,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 172086