MARKET STATS: The median sale price during the month of July was $969,000, up versus last July. The average number of “days on market” decreased slightly to 198, while the number of active listings is down 21% compared to last year. Strong demand and reduced inventory continue to drive the market. For more market stats, see the latest Long & Foster Market Minute report: http://marketminute.
See the latest Long & Foster Market Minute report for July market stats.
TRICK SHOTS=HAPPY FACES! THE HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS return to Wildwood again this year, where they’ll play four games and host daily clinics through Saturday, August 19th. Fans of all ages will be smiling at both the Globetrotters’ stunning basketball talent and their ability to entertain a crowd. Kicking off this year’s appearance, Globetrotter Bull Bullard made an incredible shot—from a helicopter, 210 feet in the air! Order your game or clinic tickets here: http://www.
Globetrotter Bull Bullard sinks a basket from a helicopter!
AVALON ANCHORAGE MEMORIES: More than 400 photographs taken at Avalon Anchorage decades ago are on display at the Avalon History Center. The photographs depict local fisherman young and old, displaying their catches upon returning to Avalon Anchorage after fishing trips. The photos were displayed for years at Avalon Anchorage. Thanks to extensive restoration by Seven Mile Times, they can be seen again for the first time in more than 30 years. Stop by the Avalon History Center from 10am to 4pm Tuesday through Sunday.
FASCINATING FACTS ABOUT SHELLS: Those who comb the beaches find all kinds of interesting shells, plus other forms of sea life. This interesting article from NJ.com describes “11 Fascinating Facts About Shells and Other Things” you find on the beach. Check it out: http://www.nj.com/
CATCH THE ECLIPSE ON MONDAY! In our area about three quarters of the sun will be blocked by the moon for around a half hour Monday afternoon. If we have clear skies, we’ll have a great view—but don’t look at the sun, even partially obscured, with unprotected eyes. Sunglasses don’t offer enough protection—only approved solar viewing glasses or filters should be used. For everything you need to know about the eclipse (and more), click here: https://eclipse2017.
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring Boy in Black Johnny Cash tribute, family friendly activities throughout Avalon’s business district from 5:30 PM, concert at Veteran’s Plaza at 7PM, Thursday, August 17
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at the Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Saturday, August 19
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, stories, article & books, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, August 19
- Stone Harbor’s Go Green Fair, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, August 19
- Bay Atlantic Symphony Concert, Avalon Elementary School, tickets are required & are available through the Avalon Free Public Library, 7PM, Saturday, August 19
- Historic Garden Lecture with History Center Collections Coordinator Bonita Risley, Avalon Free Public Library, 7PM, Monday, August 21
- Family Fun Night at the Stone Harbor Firehouse, 7-7:45PM, Monday, August 21
- Tuesdays at the Tower, concert featuring The Malarkey Brothers, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 7PM, Tuesday, August 22
- Avalon’s Beach Movie featuring ‘Jurrasic Park,’ 30th Street & the beach, dusk, Tuesday, August 22
- Cape May Summer Concert Series featuring Mary Wilson of the Supremes, Cape May Convention Hall, 609-884-9565 for info & tickets, Wednesday, August 23
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring Jumper, family friendly activities throughout Avalon’s business district from 5:30PM, concert at Veteran’s Plaza at 7PM, Thursday, August 24
- American Legion Post #331 Pancake Breakfast, 11625 Second Avenue in Stone Harbor, 8-11AM, Saturday, August 26
- Stone Harbor’s Sidewalk Sale, sales & deals throughout the downtown shopping district, 9AM-7PM, Saturday, August 26
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Saturday, August 26
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Sunday, August 27
- Family Fun Night at the Stone Harbor Firehouse, 7-7:45PM, Monday, August 28
- Full Moon Climb at the Cape May Lighthouse, call 609-884-5404 for info, 8-10PM, Wednesday, September 6
- 22nd Annual Nun’s Beach Surf Contest, 111th Street beach in Stone Harbor, 7AM, Saturday, September 16
- Author Lecture featuring Jerry Beebe, author of ‘The Backdoor Curve’, Avalon Free Public Library, 2-3PM, Saturday, September 16
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents Ben Mauger’s Vintage Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern NJ, 2-4PM, Sunday, September 17
7800 Dune Drive, Avalon, $265,000, SOLD MLS#: 169806
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd., #307, Stone Harbor Manor, $795,000, SOLD MLS#: 174815
201 100th Street, Stone Harbor, $802,250, SOLD MLS#: 176928
294 48th Street, Avalon, $1,175,000, SOLD MLS#: 175523
570 22nd Street, Avalon, $1,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 173212
148 20th Street, Avalon, $1,882,000, SOLD MLS#: 173890