LABOR DAY WEEKEND began with a gray and rainy Saturday and ended with a near-perfect beach day on Monday, complete with a seabreeze. It’s bittersweet–the end of the traditional summer season, but the start of our “Second Summer!”
SECOND SUMMER IS HERE! September and October offer plenty of fantastic shore weather–sunny days and cooler nights make for great beach days; fall fishing is usually great; golf is more enjoyable without the heat; restaurants and shops are less crowded. Whether you visit on the weekend or plan a week’s vacation, take advantage of our Second Summer!
WWII AIRPLANES could be seen in the skies above Avalon & Stone Harbor this weekend, as they participated in Airfest at Naval Air Station Wildwood. A B-24 Liberator, B-17 Flying Fortress, and even a P-51 Mustang made regular flights up and down the beach as they flew scheduled trips from NASW. Who can’t help but stop and stare as a vintage bomber rumbles overhead?
A WWII vintage bomber passes over Seven Mile Beach Labor Day Weekend.
PLAN AHEAD for some great fall activities: Atlantic City In-Water Power Boat Show, September 7-10; Sea Isle Food Truck Festival, September 8-10; Nun’s Beach Surf Contest,September 16; NJ Firefighter’s Parade, Wildwood, September 16; Stone Harbor’s Savor September & Fall Migration Festival, September 23; Avalon Seafood Festival, October 7-8.
BULK PICKUP: Avalon’s bulk pickup is underway; items must be curbside by September 10th; pickup begins September 11th. Stone Harbor’s bulk pickup occurs on September 18th; items may be placed curbside up to 72 hours prior.
MAKE SUMMER MEMORIES–all year long! Why not purchase your very own place at the shore and enjoy it year round? Beautiful fall weekends and wintertime getaways await you! Whether you want a small condo, a spacious townhouse, or a castle by the sea, we have something for every need and budget. Call or email me so we can discuss your needs and get started!
- Avalon Bulk Pick-up, items to curb NOW through Sunday, September 10, pick-up will be after 7AM on Monday, September 11
- Sea Isle City’s Food Truck Festival, 15 food trucks, crafters, entertainment, live music, more, Friday, September 8 through Sunday, September 10
- Night Walk at the Cape May County Zoo, after-hours guided tour of the zoo, for tickets go to www.Eventbrite.com & search for ‘Night Walk at the Zoo,’ (tickets are NOT available at the zoo on the night of the Walk), 6:30PM, Friday, September 8
- Stone Harbor Property Owners’ Fall Meeting, Harbor Square Theater, 8AM, Saturday, September 9
- Get In Gear Bike & Stroll Experience, sponsored by Burke Motor Group, Harbor Bike & Beach Shop & Stone Harbor Chamber of Commerce, raising funds for local scholarships, visit www.StoneHarborBeach.com
for info, 9AM-10PM, Saturday, September 9
- Avalon Chamber of Commerce End of Summer Shop Hop, Avalon Shopping District, www.visitavalon.nj.
com for info, Saturday, September 9 & Sunday, September 10
- Big Band Dance featuring Marilyn and the Monroes, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, September 9
- Stone Harbor 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony, Freedom Park at 96th Street & Seng Place, 11AM-1PM, Monday, September 11
- 22nd Annual Nun’s Beach Surf Contest, 111th Street beach in Stone Harbor, 7AM, Saturday, September 16
- Author Lecture featuring Jerry Beebe, author of ‘The Backdoor Curve’, Avalon Free Public Library, 2-3PM, Saturday, September 16
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents Ben Mauger’s Vintage Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern NJ, 2-4PM, Sunday, September 17
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick up on Monday, September 18 or up to 72 hours prior to pick up on Tuesday, October 10
- Wetlands Institute Fall Migration Festival, guided nature walks, back bay boat & kayak tours, live animal presentations, more, Wetlands Institute at 1075 Stone Harbor Boulevard, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Satu
rday, September 23
- Stone Harbor’s 6th Annual Savor September Festival, local food vendors, wine, beer, live music, kids’ activities, artisans, more, for info visit www.StoneHarborBeach.com
, 96th Street business district, Noon-9PM, Saturday, September 23
- Avalon Performing Arts Center Concert featuring Jerry Blavat (The Geator With the Heater), advance tickets at Avalon Community Hall, doors open at 6:30PM, music starts at 7PM, show at 8PM, Saturday, September 30
- Avalon Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, local food vendors, chowder contest, beer, wine, music, crafts, more, 30th Street Parking Lot, 10AM-5PM, Saturday & Sund
ay, October 7 & 8
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Fashion Show, Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, for info visit email@example.com,
Sunday, October 8
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30AM, Saturday, October 14 (Rain Date is Sunday, October 15)
- Big Band Dance featuring the Fred Hall Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 14
Close to the beach with a pool!
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $415,000, SOLD MLS#: 176773
235 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $525,000, SOLD MLS#: 175164
700 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $668,000, SOLD MLS#: 177137
505 24th Street, Avalon, $1,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 175731
131 38th Street, Avalon, $3,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 175652