MORTGAGE RATES are incredibly attractive again, with 30-year fixed rates around 3.75% for both jumbo and conventional loans. That makes it a great time to lock in low financing costs—for three decades! Whether you are ready to purchase a shore home, or simply want to refinance, call or email me and I’ll put you in touch with a reliable mortgage lender!
The Cove in Cape May makes a for a great place to walk the beach and view the Cape May Lighthouse.
NEED TECH HELP? The Avalon Free Public Library is ready to help! The library will be offering six free tech sessions each month—bring your device and stop by for help. For a list of tech sessions (and other library events), click here: http://www.
BIRDWATCHING SEASON is upon us…cooler fall weather brings birdwatchers to the area as they watch and track a variety of bird species. Cape May County is located along the Atlantic Flyway, and its funnel shape means a variety of migratory birds are visible before they cross the Delaware Bay headed for locations further south, making Cape May County one of the top bird watching destinations in the country.
“FITZ,” the main character in Discovery Channel’s television miniseries “Manhunt: Unabomber,” is modeled after now-retired FBI agent James Fitzgerald. The television series profiles “Fitz” as he joins the ongoing Unabomber investigation, applies new forensic linguistic techniques, and ultimately helps solve the case. Fitzgerald has authored three memoirs in his retirement, including “A Journey to the Center of the Mind: The First Ten FBI Years.” Fitzgerald will appear October 18th at the Sea Isle City Library at a book signing event.
SEVEN MILE ISLAND IS BLESSED with many of the finest homes in the area. But once in a while something extraordinary comes along, such as our Featured Property shown below. Situated on an oversized oceanfront lot in Avalon’s south end, its elegant design, high-end materials, and endless ocean views make it truly extraordinary! See our Featured Property below!
- Cape May’s 21st Annual Food & Wine Celebration, visit www.capemaymac.org/cape-
may-food-wine-celebration for info, Friday, September 15 through Sunday, September 24
- 22nd Annual Nun’s Beach Surf Contest, 111th Street beach in Stone Harbor, 7AM, Saturday, September 16
- Avalon Elementary My School Color Run, Avalon Community Hall, 8AM, Saturday, September 16
- Author Lecture featuring Jerry Beebe, author of ‘The Backdoor Curve’, Avalon Free Public Library, 2-3PM, Saturday, September 16
- Sea Isle City’s 28th Annual Fall Festival, JFK Boulevard & the Promenade, Saturday & Sunday, September 16 & 17
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents Ben Mauger’s Vintage Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern NJ, 2-4PM, Sunday, September 17
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick up on Monday, September 18 or up to 72 hours prior to pick up on Tuesday, October 10
- Wildwood’s Irish Fall Festival, music, dancing, food, crafts, more, 8AM-8PM, Thursday, September 21 thru Sunday, September 24
- Wetlands Institute Fall Migration Festival, guided nature walks, back bay boat & kayak tours, live animal presentations, more, Wetlands Institute at 1075 Stone Harbor Boulevard, 9:30AM-4:30PM,
Saturday, September 23
- Stone Harbor’s 6th Annual Savor September Festival, local food vendors, wine, beer, live music, kids’ activities, artisans, more, for info visit www.StoneHarborBeach.com
, 96th Street business district, Noon-9PM, Saturday, September 23
- Avalon History Center’s ‘Celebrating Avalon’s Heroes,’ exhibits of Avalon’s police, fire department & emergency medical services, 609-967-0090 for details, 6:30-8PM, Wednesday, September 27
- Avalon Performing Arts Center Concert featuring Jerry Blavat (The Geator With the Heater), advance tickets at Avalon Community Hall, doors open at 6:30PM, music starts at 7PM, show at 8PM, Saturday, September 30
- Cape May Lighthouse Full Moon Climb, for info call 609-884-5404, 8PM-10PM,
Thursday, October 5
- Avalon Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, local food vendors, chowder contest, beer, wine, music, crafts, more, 30th Street Parking Lot, 10AM-5PM, Saturday &
Sunday, October 7 & 8
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Fashion Show, Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, for info email firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sunday, October 8
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30AM, Saturday, October 14 (Rain Date is Sunday, October 15)
- Big Band Dance featuring the Fred Hall Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 14
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, 2-4PM, Sunday, October 15
107 30th Street, Avalon, $410,000, SOLD MLS#: 172718
105 30th Street, Avalon, $430,000, SOLD MLS#: 177069
295 78th St., #9, Avalon, $460,000, SOLD MLS#: 177295
231 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $557,750, SOLD MLS#: 172513
9716 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $590,000, SOLD MLS#: 177683
39 Marine Way, Avalon, $1,125,000, SOLD MLS#: 175532
1369 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,225,000, SOLD MLS#: 177605
121 7th Street, Avalon, $2,530,125, SOLD MLS#: 177145
135 87th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 172176
654 7th Street, Avalon, $3,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 178125