MARKET STATS: The median sale price increased to $1,540,000 in July, up from July a year ago, while the number of active listings was down, thanks to continuing demand. For a look at the latest Long & Foster Market Minute, click here: http://marketminute.
Click above for the latest Long & Foster Market Minute report.
THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE will be receiving new railings, to be installed by Thomas Barry Marine Construction. The new railings will be galvanized and painted to protect them from corrosion in the marine environment. The bridge, which links Avalon and Sea Isle City, has undergone extensive maintenance & repair work recently after being closed last winter when structural problems were found during an inspection. No word yet on when the bridge railings will be replaced.
STONE HARBOR FIREFIGHTERS responded to a two alarm fire on 87th Street Sunday. A single family home in the 200-block was badly damaged before the blaze could be extinguished, but no one was injured. Avalon and Cape May Court House firefighters responded as well.
Beachgoers enjoy the surf and sand in Stone Harbor on a perfect summer day!
PIPING PLOVERS may have been harmed in Florida and the Caribbean by Hurricane Irma, according to a recent Atlantic City Press article. The limited population of small beach nesting birds had climbed to 115 pairs counted in New Jersey in 2016, but dropped to 105 pairs this year, including just three pairs in Stone Harbor and one in Avalon. The birds winter in Florida and the Caribbean where storm-damaged beaches could affect their population further.
WEEKEND EVENTS highlight the calendar during the fall season. This weekend features several popular events. In Stone Harbor, the 6th Annual Savor September Wine, Beer & Food Festival takes place Saturday from Noon to 9pm, while The Wetlands Institute’s Fall Migration Festival runs all day. In Wildwood the Irish Fall Festival runs through Sunday, as does the Cape May Food & Wine Celebration. Check the event list below and fill your fall season with fun activities!
- Cape May’s 21st Annual Food & Wine Celebration, visit www.capemaymac.org/cape-
may-food-wine-celebration for info, Now through Sunday, September 24
- Wildwood’s Irish Fall Festival, music, dancing, food, crafts, more, 8AM-8PM, Now through Sunday, September 24
- Wetlands Institute Fall Migration Festival, guided nature walks, back bay boat & kayak tours, live animal presentations, more, Wetlands Institute at 1075 Stone Harbor Boulevard, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Satu
rday, September 23
- Stone Harbor’s 6th Annual Savor September Festival, local food vendors, wine, beer, live music, kids’ activities, artisans, more, for info visit www.StoneHarborBeach.com
, 96th Street business district, Noon-9PM, Saturday, September 23
- Naval Air Station Wildwood’s Swing Dance & Big Band Concert, www.usnasw.org for info or tickets, Cape May Airport, 6:30-10PM, Saturday, September 23
- Avalon History Center’s ‘Celebrating Avalon’s Heroes,’ exhibits of Avalon’s police, fire department & emergency medical services, 609-967-0090 for details, 6:30-8PM, Wednesday, September 27
- Avalon Performing Arts Center Concert featuring Jerry Blavat (The Geator With the Heater), advance tickets at Avalon Community Hall, doors open at 6:30PM, music starts at 7PM, show at 8PM, Saturday, September 30
- Cape May Lighthouse Full Moon Climb, for info call 609-884-5404, 8PM-10PM, T
hursday, October 5
- Avalon Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, local food vendors, chowder contest, beer, wine, music, crafts, more, 30th Street Parking Lot, 10AM-5PM, Saturday & Sund
ay, October 7 & 8
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Fashion Show, Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, for info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
, Sunday, October 8
- Cape May Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities, Distinguished Lecture Series featuring Admiral Thad W. Allen (US Coast Guard, Retired), topic is Always Ready: Stories of American Leadership & Unity During Crisis, order tickets online at www.capemaymac.org. Cape May Convention Hall, 4PM, Sunday, October 8
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick up on Tuesday, October 10
- Big Band Dance featuring the Fred Hall Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 14
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, 2-4PM, Sunday, October 15
- Avalon Lions Club Pasta Night, Windrift Hotel, 4:30-7:30PM, Sunday, October 15
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30AM, Saturday, October 21 (Rain Date is Sunday, October 22)
300 79th Street, Avalon, $572,500, SOLD MLS#: 173258
1421 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $580,000, SOLD MLS#: 156252
1127 Stone Harbor Blvd., Stone Harbor Manor, $650,000, SOLD MLS#: 169779
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd., #306, Stone Harbor Manor, $795,000, SOLD MLS#: 174814
281 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 177027
411 Berkley Road, Stone Harbor, $1,250,100, SOLD MLS#: 175513
642 7th Street, Avalon, $1,452,875, SOLD MLS#: 171932
3028 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 175470
238 59th Street, Avalon, $1,675,000, SOLD MLS#: 175956
118 87th St., Stone Harbor, $1,789,450, SOLD MLS#: 176031
161 25th Street, Avalon, $2,080,000, SOLD MLS#: 175808
129 109th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, SOLD MLS#: 173829
9820 Corinthian Drive, Stone Harbor, $3,295,000, SOLD MLS#: 177409