MARKET STATS: 48 properties sold in September, an increase over August, and 35 properties are currently under contract, up significantly from a year ago. For a detailed look at the latest market stats, see the Long & Foster Market Minute report: http://marketminute.
Click above link for the latest Long & Foster Market Minute report.
EZ PASS IS COMING to Ocean Drive bridges in Cape May County. The $500,000 upgrade was authorized in February, but installation work was delayed until after Labor Day. Even when the installation is complete, bridge tenders will still be needed to open the bridges for boat traffic.
FRIDAY NIGHT SPORTS begins this Friday at Avalon Community Hall. Kids ages 5 through 15 are invited to try some dodgeball, wiffleball, flag football, or kickball. Ages 5-10 will play each Friday from 6-7:30pm and ages 11-15 will play from 7:30-9pm, through November 17th. For more info contact the Avalon Recreation Department at 609-967-3066 or email cmcdonnell@avalonboro.
FALL FOLIAGE TRIPS! Cape May Seashore Lines will run two more Fall Foliage trips this weekend, between Tuckahoe and Richland. Ride the rails through South Jersey’s pinelands as the greens of summer give way to the reds, oranges, and yellows of fall! Tickets are $17 for adults and $10 for children. Click here for more info and tickets: http://www.
Got milk? Avalon, Peermont, and Stone Harbor did, thanks to J.O. Garrison!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: THANKSGIVING WEEKEND is a great one here on the Island. Festive Friday and Snowfest Saturday return to Avalon, and “It’s a Wonderful Life” returns to Stone Harbor. The weekend is filled with activities for families, music, shopping, and a huge parade Saturday evening. If you’re able to be here, plan on it!
2018 SUMMER RENTALS: Make your plans now! It’s never too early to begin your search…call or email me with your specifications. Property Owners: time to get those 2018 rates in!
- Clean Ocean Action Fall Beach Sweep, Volunteers Needed, meet at the Stone Harbor Beach Patrol Headquarters at 95th Street & the beach, 9AM-12:30PM, Saturday, October 21
- Representative from the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine will speak on Marine Mammals & Sea Turtles of NJ including those that swim in our waters and the dangers they face, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-11AM, Saturday, October 21
- Creative Writing Workshop, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday October 21
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting, Volunteers Needed, Avalon Community Hall, lunch for volunteers at 11AM, planting to follow, Saturday, October 21 (Rain Date is Sunday, October 22)
- Author David Dean will speak about his book, The Thirteenth Child, set in Southern NJ during the Halloween season, Avalon Free Public Library, 2-3PM, Saturday, October 21
- Miss Avalon Pageant, Avalon Elementary School, 6PM, Saturday, October 21
- AAZK Adults Only Night Walk at the Cape May County Zoo, after hours tour of the zoo, for reservations & tickets visithttps://www.eventbrite.
com/e/adults-only-night-walk- at-the-zoo-tickets- 38053100849?aff=ehomecard up to two weeks prior to the event, 6:30-8:30PM, Saturday, October 21
- Lighthouse Challenge of New Jersey, statewide festival challenge to visit 11 lighthouses including Hereford Inlet Lighthouse & Cape May Lighthouse, visit www.lhchallengenj.org
for info, Saturday, October 21 & Sunday, October 22
- Windows & Android Devices, open forum workshop for help with general questions, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, October 28
- Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, hayrides, pumpkin decorating, trick or treating in the shops, more, 96th Street Shopping District, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 28
- Avalon’s Trunk or Treat Event, 30th Street Parking Lot, 5-7PM, Saturday, October 28
- Trick or Treating in Avalon & Stone Harbor, Property Owners who will be providing treats can add their addresses to the Trick or Treating Route for Kids by calling 609-368-1210 by Friday, October 27th, an identifying Trick or Treat pumpkin will be delivered to your door, 5-8PM, Tuesday, October 31
- Big Band Dance featuring Tony DeLuca and the Paisans, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 4
- American Legion Post #331 Veterans’ Day Ceremony, Veterans’ Plaza, 11AM, Saturday, November 11
- Stone Harbor American Legion Veterans’ Day Ceremony, 11617 Second Avenue, Noon, Saturday, November 11
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Atlantic City Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit Food Bank of Southern Jersey, 2-4PM, Sunday, November 12
- Cooler By A Mile, Greater By A Million, David LaPuma, Director of NJ Audubon’s Cape May Bird Observatory discusses how twice a year millions of birds migrate over NJ to & from breeding & wintering grounds across the Western Hemisphere, Avalon Public Library, 11AM-Noon, Saturday, November 18
An extraordinary location in Avalon’s high dunes, overlooking the ocean…enjoy this three story home or construct a brand new 11,000 square foot home!
7800 Dune Drive, Avalon, $267,500, SOLD MLS#: 178632
284 67th Street, Avalon, $835,000, SOLD MLS#: 177818
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd., #308, Stone Harbor Manor, $835,000, SOLD MLS#: 174816
269 25th Street, Avalon, $850,000, SOLD MLS#: 175708
619 22nd Street, Avalon, $950,000, SOLD MLS#: 174312
376 94th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,351,000, SOLD MLS#: 177626
10522 Golden Gate Rd., Stone Harbor, $2,180,250, SOLD MLS#: 170930