THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE railing replacement project is scheduled to begin this weekend. The bridge will close from 10pm Friday, November 10th until 5am Saturday, November 11th. One alternating lane of traffic is expected from then until June of 2018, as the railings on the bridge are replaced. There is some good news for motorists: tolls won’t be collected when the alternating lanes are in effect.
Staying cool on a hot summer afternoon!
VETERANS RIDE FREE as foot passengers on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry on November 11th, in honor of Veteran’s Day. If you’ve served (or you’re still serving) our country, enjoy a free same day round-trip fare, regardless of where you live! A valid ID is required for the discounts—but the trip is enjoyable for anyone, and sightings often include dolphins, ships & boats, or glorious sunsets. Visit www.CMLF.com for schedules and other info.
AVALON LIBRARY BY MAIL: Avalon property owners can take advantage of the Avalon Free Public Library’s mail program: simply call or email the library with your request, and it will be mailed out within two days, along with a return mailer. Some restrictions do apply, so see this page for info, or to place an order: http://
LOOKING FOR A TWO-BEDROOM CONDO for less than $400,000? Or a huge oceanfront parcel? Look below for those properties and more!
STRIPERS MOVING IN! Those fishing local waters are reporting striped bass in the back bays. As water temperatures have cooled, stripers have appeared and have been chasing lures and live bait.
SAVE THE DATE(S)! Thanksgiving Weekend is a big one on Seven Mile Beach! Check out some of the activities listed below, and stay tuned for more info next week!
- American Legion Post #331 Veterans’ Day Ceremony, Veterans’ Plaza in Avalon, 11AM, Saturday, November 11
- Stone Harbor American Legion Veterans’ Day Ceremony, 11617 Second Avenue, Noon, Saturday, November 11
- Brendan Borek High Tides Striper Tournament, visit www.brendansfund.org for details, Saturday, November 11
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Atlantic City Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit Food Bank of Southern Jersey, 2-4PM, Sunday, November 12
- Sea Isle City’s Girls’ Weekend, town wide, visit www.seaislechamber.com/
events/GirlsWeekend.aspx for details, eat, drink, shop & pamper your way through Sea Isle, Friday through Sunday, November 17-19
- Creative Writing, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 18
- Cooler By A Mile, Greater By A Million, David LaPuma, Director of NJ Audubon’s Cape May Bird Observatory discusses how twice a year millions of birds migrate over NJ to & from breeding & wintering grounds across the Western Hemisphere, Avalon Public Library, 11AM-Noon, Saturday, November 18
- Princess & Pirate Day at the Cape May County Zoo, dress the kids as a princess or a pirate and enjoy activities galore including a scavenger hunt, crafts, games, more, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, November 18
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, 5PM,
Wednesday, November 22
- Brendan Borek 5K Turkey Trot at Cape May Fitness, visit www.brendansfund.org for details, Thursday, November 23
- Festive Friday, family friendly activities for all, shopping, more, throughout Avalon’s business district, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 24
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, Noon-8PM,
Friday, November 24
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday, family friendly activities for all, shopping, more, throughout Stone Harbor’s shopping district, 10AM-9PM, Friday, November 24 & Saturday, November 25
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, activities for all the family, shopping, more throughout Avalon’s business district, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 25
- Stone Harbor’s Gala Christmas Parade down 96th Street, music, floats, decorations, Santa, more, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 25
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Tree Lighting, Santa will be visiting, 5:30PM, Friday, December 1
- Stone Harbor’s Caroling & Tree Lighting, 9508 Second Avenue, 4:45-7PM, Wednesday, December 6
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, December 9
177 80th Street, Avalon, $320,000, SOLD MLS#: 178046
2108 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $605,000, SOLD MLS#: 174294
213 E. 33rd Street, Avalon, $775,000, SOLD MLS#: 177048
8403 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $850,000, SOLD MLS#: 170576
9815-17 Corinthian Drive, Stone Harbor, $885,000, SOLD MLS#: 172896
141 17th Street, Avalon, $1,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 178453
159 29th Street, Avalon, $1,480,000, SOLD MLS#: 177885
161 101st Street, Stone Harbor, $1,620,000, SOLD MLS#: 177508
141 21st Street, Avalon, $2,165,000, SOLD MLS#: 174755
66 E. 11th Street, Avalon, $2,225,000, SOLD MLS#: 177061
78 W. 12th Street, Avalon, $2,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 165823
10724 Corinthian Place, Stone Harbor, $2,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 175499
74 E. 14th Street, Avalon, $2,647,500, SOLD MLS#: 178480