MARKET STATS: In October the median sale price increased by 9% over October 2016, while the number of units sold increased by 16%. For a detailed look at the market, check out the latest Long & Foster Market Minute report:
GIVING BACK: Long & Foster’s annual food drive was successful again this year, as our agents, staff, and clients donated dozens of bags of food items and frozen turkeys, plus gift cards and monetary donations, to the Holy Redeemer Food Pantry. Holy Redeemer will distribute the food to local families in need. Special thanks to Gina Reynolds, Branch Administrator, for coordinating our food drive effort, and Paul Leiser (13) for his help in collecting and delivering items.
Two car loads of food items were donated by L&F agents, staff, and clients. The food was collected and delivered to Holy Redeemer Food Pantry earlier this week by Paul E. Leiser and his grandson Paul, age 13.
FESTIVE FRIDAY & SNOWFEST SATURDAY arrive in Avalon after the Thanksgiving holiday. Activities include music, shopping, a bounce house, ice skating, a tree lighting, and visits with Santa.
For a list of activities in Avalon, click here: http://avalonboro.net/
IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE in Stone Harbor again this year. Kick off the holiday season with family friendly activities, including caroling, shopping, refreshments, face painting, train display, and a downtown holiday dash. Saturday night’s Christmas Parade caps off a weekend of fun. For a list of activities in Stone Harbor, click here:http://www.
If you’ve never experienced Thanksgiving Weekend here on the Island, give it a try. You’ll have a great time!
SEASHORE SHOPPING goes hand in hand with a visit to the Island at this time of year. Find the perfect gift, including items you can only find at the shore such as holiday beach tags, a box of fudge from the Fudge Kitchen, coffee from Avalon Coffee, or a gift certificate to a local restaurant.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family!
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, 5PM,
Wednesday, November 22
- Brendan Borek 5K Turkey Trot at Cape May Fitness, visit www.brendansfund.org for details, Thursday, November 23
- Mrs. Claus will share holiday stories & crafts for kids of all ages, Avalon Free Public Library, 10:00-10:45AM,
Friday, November 24
- Festive Friday, family friendly activities for all, shopping, more, throughout Avalon’s business district, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 24
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, Noon-8PM,
Friday, November 24
- Brass Quintet Performance, holiday music performed by the Bay Atlantic Symphony Quintet, Avalon’s Veterans’ Plaza, 4:15-5:30PM, Friday, November 24
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday, family friendly activities for all, shopping, more, throughout Stone Harbor’s shopping district, 10AM-9PM, Friday, November 24 & Saturday, November 25
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, activities for all the family, shopping, more, throughout Avalon’s business district, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 25
- Stone Harbor’s Gala Christmas Parade down 96th Street, music, floats, decorations, Santa, more, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 25
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Tree Lighting, Santa will be visiting, 5:30PM, Friday, December 1
- Avalon Historical Society’s Annual Open House, refreshments, music, holiday cheer, 215-39th Street, 4PM-7PM,
Saturday, December 2
- Stone Harbor’s Caroling & Tree Lighting, 9508 Second Avenue, 4:45-7PM, Wednesday, December 6
- Holiday Stroll, town wide in Sea Isle City, visit www.seaislechamber.com
for info, Saturday, December 9
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, December 9
- Fantasia Christmas, Linda Gentille & The Jersey Shore Pops perform a traditional Christmas concert with a Disney twist, www.Jerseyshorepops.org
for additional info, Middle Township Performing Arts Center, 3PM, Saturday, December 16
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks, JFK Boulevard & the beach in Sea Isle City, visit http://www.visitsicnj.
com/calendar/list for info, Sunday, December 31
177 80th Street, Avalon, $320,000, SOLD MLS#: 178046
201 100th Street, Stone Harbor, $829,350, SOLD MLS#: 178560
8403 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $850,000, SOLD MLS#: 170576
9001 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $3,066,000, SOLD MLS#: 174770