AN ARTIFICAL REEF will be built on the New Jersey side of Delaware Bay several miles from Cape May. The reef will be located in water that’s 19 to 35 feet deep, and constructed of rock, concrete, and other materials. The hope is that the reef will soon become home to mussels, crabs, small fish, and eventually larger fish popular with fishermen. Several artificial reefs already exist on the Delaware side of the bay, but this is the first on the New Jersey side. The new reef will be roughly equidistant from Cape May and Fortescue. Construction is expected to begin in December.
These fishermen enjoyed a magnificent November sunset on their way home!
BIG STRIPERS are on their way! Striped bass typically move southward and arrive here in the late fall as local waters cool. Large stripers have been caught in locations further north, including a 54 pounder off Long Beach Island. If you’d like to try your hand at landing a large striper, Smuggler’s Cove is hosting the annual Scott Bevan Striped Bass Bonanza tournament on Saturday, beginning at sunrise, with weigh-ins to be completed by 5pm. Stop by Smuggler’s Cove in advance for tickets and information.
A FIRE IN SEA ISLE destroyed three homes at 91st Street and Pleasure Avenue in the early morning hours last Friday. A large plume of smoke over the ocean could be seen from neighboring towns as firefighters from Sea Isle fought the blaze, with assistance from Avalon, Strathmere, Ocean View, and Marmora. Fortunately all the homes were unoccupied at the time of the fire.
NEW TAX ASSESSMENTS ARE COMING in Avalon, as the Tax Assessors office is sending out value notices to property owners this week. Owners interested in discussing their new assessment will have the opportunity to set an appointment (instructions will be included with the value notice). If you’d like information on recent comps please call me. We can discuss them in advance so you’re prepared to meet with the assessor.
LOOKING FOR THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY GIFT? How about a shore home of your very own? Your family will thank you for years…and make memories that will last a lifetime! Call or email me…I’ll even supply the big red bow!
- Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration, train rides, bounce castle, Santa & more, Cape May County Zoo, 4:30-6PM, Friday, December 1
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Tree Lighting, Santa will be visiting, 5:30PM, Friday, December 1
- Avalon Historical Society’s Annual Open House, refreshments, music, holiday cheer, 215-39th Street, 4PM-7PM, Satu
rday, December 2
- Stone Harbor’s Caroling & Tree Lighting, 9508 Second Avenue, 4:45-7PM, Wednesday, December 6
- Holiday Stroll, town wide in Sea Isle City, visit www.seaislechamber.com
for info, Saturday, December 9
- Santa’s Family Workshop, Santa photo ops, crafts, candy, music, scavenger hunt, more, Cape May County Zoo, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 9
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, December 9
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 16
- Seven Mile Island Singers Holiday Performance, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-1:45PM, Saturday, December 16
- Fantasia Christmas, Linda Gentille & The Jersey Shore Pops perform a traditional Christmas concert with a Disney twist, www.Jerseyshorepops.org
for additional info, Middle Township Performing Arts Center, 3PM, Saturday, December 16
- Harpist Lucia Marone plays classical & holiday songs on The Porch, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, December 30
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks, JFK Boulevard & the beach in Sea Isle City, visit www.visitsicnj.com for info, Sunday, December 31
10726 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $515,000, SOLD MLS#: 176716
700 First Ave. Unit #207, Avalon, $530,000, SOLD MLS#: 178196
700 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $675,000, SOLD MLS#: 177921
10918 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $700,000, SOLD MLS#: 173119
2310 Dune Drive, Avalon, $815,000, SOLD MLS#: 177815
384 20 Street, Avalon, $875,000, SOLD MLS#: 178442
330 87th St #1, Stone Harbor, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 177209
623 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 176657