SHOP AT THE SHORE this holiday season! Need some ideas for a shore-based gift for that special someone? Here are some suggestions for you:
-Holiday beach tags from your favorite town (while supplies last!)
-a Wetlands Institute membership
-a gift certificate to your favorite restaurant on the Island
-a gift certificate for a ride on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry (see article below)
-have a box of fudge shipped from the Fudge Kitchen
CHECK OUT THE LIGHTS along Dune Drive in Avalon’s business district, and along 96th Street in Stone Harbor the next time you’re in town. From sundown onward the Christmas lights and decorations in both towns are sure to put you in a festive mood!
Winter sunsets happen earlier—this was the scene on Avalon’s 32nds Street beach, looking south, shortly after 5pm Monday afternoon. Stone Harbor’s water tower is on the right, and Wildwood’s Ferris wheel is lit up on the left.
TAKE THE HIGH ROAD into Sea Isle City! You’ll be able to do just that as traffic is shifted to the north side of Sea Isle Boulevard, which is approximately four-and-a-half feet higher than the south side. Once both lanes of traffic are flowing on the elevated north side, contractors will begin adding fill to the south side of the road. The fill height on the south side will exceed the paved height on the north side, in order to allow the fill to compact and settle for about a year, at which time excess material will be removed. The ultimate goal of the project is to raise all of Sea Isle Boulevard by several feet so the roadway is above the 100-year flood elevation. A 12-foot travel lane and an 8-foot shoulder are planned in each direction, and are expected to be completed in March 2019.
SHOP BY FERRY! The Cape May-Lewes Ferry is running a $56 round-trip shopping trip special departing Cape May through December 21st. The $56 ticket is good for the car, driver, and all passengers for a shopping excursion to the Tanger Outlets at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. A Tanger Outlets coupon book is included. Click here for details: https://www.cmlf.
PRIMATE POINT opened last week at the Cape May County Zoo. The new primate habitat features an 8,000 square foot building with five rooms for the animals; three exterior habitat areas surround the building. Visitors can view the primates through viewing windows in good weather and bad, year round. Residents of the new habitat include “Ghelfling,” a 23-year old Black Howler Monkey, and her two offspring, “Bert” (age 9), and “AJ” (age 8). The Cape May County Zoo is one of the area’s best-kept secrets—the zoo is open year round and entry is free, though donations are gladly accepted.
CONVENTIONAL MORTGAGE LIMIT INCREASED: The Federal Housing Finance Agency announced an increase in the conventional loan limit, effective December 11th. The new loan limit will rise to $453,100, up from $424,100. Currently, rates for both conventional and jumbo 30-year mortgage loans are hovering around 4%. Need a recommendation for a good mortgage lender? Call or email me!
- Holiday Stroll, town wide in Sea Isle City, visit www.seaislechamber.com
for info, Saturday, December 9
- Spirit Brands Cheerleading Festival, performances choreographed to music & sound effects with prizes for the winners, Wildwood Convention Center, 10AM-3:30PM, Saturday, December 9
- Santa’s Family Workshop, Santa photo ops, crafts, candy, music, scavenger hunt, more, Cape May County Zoo, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 9
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, December 9
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 16
- Cape May County Zoo Enrichment Day, zookeeper talks & educational presentations throughout the day, schedule posted at the zoo entrance, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 16
- Seven Mile Island Singers Holiday Performance, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-1:45PM, Saturday, December 16
- Fantasia Christmas, Linda Gentille & The Jersey Shore Pops perform a traditional Christmas concert with a Disney twist, www.Jerseyshorepops.org
for additional info, Middle Township Performing Arts Center, 3PM, Saturday, December 16
- Brunch With Santa for children 10 years or younger at the Sea Isle City VFW Post #1963, 301 JFK Boulevard, pre-registration required by calling 609-263-0050 by 12/11, 11:30AM, Sunday, December 17
- Battle of the Boards Basketball Tournament, area & out of area teams competing in showcase games, visit www.bbclassic.com for further info, Wildwood Convention Center, 3PM start, Saturday, December 23
- Cape May County Zoo Winter Camp, activities galore for children ages 5-10, $60 per child including a t-shirt, visit www.cmczoo.com for info, 9AM-Noon, Wednesday, December 27, Thursday, December 28 & Friday, December 29
- Harpist Lucia Marone plays classical & holiday songs on The Porch, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, December 30
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks, JFK Boulevard & the beach in Sea Isle City, visit www.visitsicnj.com for info, Sunday, December 31
9807 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $404,000, SOLD MLS#: 164599
413 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $440,000, SOLD MLS#: 177480
295 78th Street, Avalon, $562,500, SOLD MLS#: 176601
289 14th Street, Avalon, $580,000, SOLD MLS#: 173521
1127 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $675,000, SOLD MLS#: 179067
1668 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $715,000, SOLD MLS#: 178324
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd #302, Stone Harbor Manor, $830,000, SOLD MLS#: 174808
8403 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $850,000, SOLD MLS#: 170576
3640 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,101,875, SOLD MLS#: 176424
6680 Ocean Drive – South Unit, Avalon, $1,430,000, SOLD MLS#: 174353
10605 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 178564
627 24th Street, Avalon, $1,995,000, SOLD MLS#: 179417
76 W. 33rd Street, Avalon, $2,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 176367
455 104th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 177744
104 113th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 177417