STONE HARBOR’S REASSESSMENT has been completed, and new assessments were mailed to property owners on January 22nd. If you feel your valuation is too high, please call me. I’ll run “comps” for your property and help you determine if an appeal is necessary.
LOSING HIGBEE: A juvenile male snowy owl being tracked by Project SNOWstorm, was sadly lost during the last snowstorm to hit Cape May County. Higbee (named for Higbee Beach on Delaware Bay) had been tagged so his travels could be observed and recorded by Project SNOWstorm. After the major snowstorm during the first week of January, Higbee was apparently struck and killed by a vehicle. Researchers discovered his body in the marsh along Ocean Drive, south of Stone Harbor, near the bridge into North Wildwood. Read about Project SNOWstorm and Higbee here: https://www.
Tired of winter? Think Summer! These PWC riders enjoyed a ride behind Avalon on a warm summer day! Stone Harbor Boulevard is in the distance.
ANOTHER WELL-LOVED BIRD was lost here in Avalon—The Pudgie Pelican. After becoming a local favorite for many years, The Pudgie Pelican closed its doors for good last month after the restaurant lost its lease. The six-foot tall Pudgie Pelican that stood outside the restaurant’s door whenever it was open was donated by owner Ron Griffin to the Avalon History Center. Stop by the History Center and visit Pudgie, who will be wearing his Eagles Jersey through the Super Bowl!
THE OCEAN WATER TEMPERATURE is a chilly 35 degrees. A recent warmup that saw air temperatures in the mid-50s early in the week combined with cold water temperatures to form a layer of fog over the ocean.
FLY, EAGLES, FLY! Even non-football fans must be feeling the energy in the entire Philadelphia region as the Eagles soared to victory over the Vikings last Sunday! Go Eagles!
- Drop In Tech Workshop, Windows Computers & Android Smart Phones, Avalon Free Public Library, 5-6:30PM, Thursday, January 25
- Drop In Tech Workshop, Apple Computers, iPads & iPhones, Avalon Free Public Library, 6:30-8PM, Thursday, January 25
- The Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper featuring a guest speaker sharing important issues in environmental science & biology, admission fee & please bring a covered dish to share, 6-8PM, Friday, January 26
- Irish & Italian Genealogy Workshop, research with the help of Casey Zahn using library and online resources, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, January 27
- Stone Harbor Mayor’s Wellness Campaign, information, activities & tools for healthier living, register at www.stoneharborrecreation.
com by January 29, or attend kick-off on February 1st at 5:30PM at the Stone Harbor Recreation Building, event occurs from Thursday, February 1-Thursday, March 29
- Barber Shop Quartet Performance by the Cape Shore Chorus, Avalon History Center at 215-39th Street, 1-2PM,
Saturday, February 3
- 15th Annual Friend in Need Super Bowl Bash XV fundraiser, door prizes, football, food & drink, The Princeton in Avalon, doors open at 4PM, Sunday, February 4
- Genealogy Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, February 10
- Big Band Dance featuring the Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, February 10
- 24th Annual Polar Bear Plunge Weekend in Sea Isle City, visit http://www.visitsicnj.
com/featured-event for details, Saturday, February 17
- Creative Writing, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library. 10AM-Noon, Saturday, February 17
- Abraham Lincoln Presentation by author and professor Gerald McNeff, Avalon Free Public Library, 2-3PM, Saturday, February 17
- 3rd Saturday Comedy Event featuring Julian McCullough, Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor, doors open at 8PM, show begins at 9PM, Saturday, February 17
- The Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper featuring a guest speaker sharing important issues in environmental science & biology, admission fee & please bring a covered dish to share, 6-8PM, Friday, February 23
- Fallen Heroes Polar Bear Plunge in North Wildwood, visit http://FallenHeroPlunge.
com for details, Saturday, February 24
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, Thursday, March 8-Saturday, March 10
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz Concert, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, March 11
- Pre-Stone Harbor Shiver Party, Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, 6PM, Friday, March 16
- Stone Harbor Shiver Polar Bear Plunge, register at Fred’s Tavern, 9:30AM, parade to beach followed by the plunge, 11AM-1PM, Saturday, March 17
7929 Dune Drive, Avalon, $350,000, SOLD MLS#: 174415
312 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $432,000, SOLD MLS#: 178025
231 25th Street, Avalon, $720,000, SOLD MLS#: 179174
560 24th Street, Avalon, $1,295,000, SOLD MLS#: 175623
330 87th St #1, Stone Harbor, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 177209
423 104th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,680,000, SOLD MLS#: 175087