NOW UNDER CONTRACT! Check below to see what properties have been placed “Under Contract” this week! I’ve added this feature as it’s a great way to keep tabs on the very latest market activity. Have a question or thinking of selling? Please call me!
TAKE A PLUNGE this weekend at Sea Isle City’s 24th Annual Polar Bear Plunge! The Plunge will take place Saturday at 2pm on the beach between 38th and 40th Streets in Sea Isle. See below for a link to other events taking place in Sea Isle this weekend, as well as other area events.
You never know what you’ll see coming down the street in Avalon! Instead of demolishing this home, it was dismantled in sections so it could be saved and rebuilt in a new location. See below for details.
WRECKING BALL AVOIDED: Instead of demolition, an early Avalon home at 254 Sixth Street was dismantled in large sections and moved to a storage facility so that it could be preserved and reconstructed at a later date. The granddaughter of the former owners led the effort to save the home. See this Philly.com article for more: http://www.philly.com/
STONE HARBOR: WORTH $4.8 BILLION: The Cape May County Herald reported that the new assessed value of Stone Harbor properties increased by $363 million to $4.838 billion. About two-thirds of all properties increased in value as a result of the recent reassessment project, according to the article.
BUDGET PRESENTATIONS will be made in both Avalon and Stone Harbor. This weekend Stone Harbor’s 2018 budget will be discussed at 10am on Saturday, February 17th at Borough Hall. Avalon Council members and CFO Jim Craft will discuss Avalon’s finances on Saturday, March 10th at 10am, at the Avalon Senior Center.
THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE will be closed overnight from 7pm Thursday evening until 5am Friday morning to allow for the relocation of concrete barriers and temporary traffic signals. One lane of alternating traffic will resume Friday morning as the ongoing railing replacement project continues.
- 24th Annual Polar Bear Plunge Weekend in Sea Isle City, visit https://www.visitsicnj.
com/featured-event for details, Saturday, February 17
- Stone Harbor 2018 Budget Presentation, Stone Harbor Borough Hall, 2nd Floor Council Meeting Room, 10AM, Saturday, February 17
- Creative Writing, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library. 10AM-Noon, Saturday, February 17
- Abraham Lincoln Presentation by author and professor Gerald McNeff, Avalon Free Public Library, 2-3PM, Saturday, February 17
- 3rd Saturday Comedy Event featuring Julian McCullough, Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor, doors open at 8PM, show begins at 9PM, Saturday, February 17
- The Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper featuring a guest speaker sharing important issues in environmental science & biology, admission fee & please bring a covered dish to share, 6-8PM, Friday, February 23
- Fallen Heroes Polar Bear Plunge in North Wildwood, visit http://FallenHeroPlunge.
com for details, Saturday, February 24
- Drop In Open Forum for questions regarding your computer, phone, software or app, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, February 24
- Yoga at the Zoo, all donations go to the animals’ well being, meet at the gate at 8:45 AM, Saturday, March 3
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, Thursday, March 8-Saturday, March 10
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting discussing Boro Finances with Council Members Chuck Covington, Nancy Hudanich and CFO Jim Craft, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, March 10
- Genealogy Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, March 10
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz Concert, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, March 11
- Pre-Stone Harbor Shiver Party, Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, 6PM, Friday, March 16
- Stone Harbor Shiver Polar Bear Plunge, register at Fred’s Tavern, 9:30AM, parade to beach followed by the plunge, 11AM-1PM, Saturday, March 17
- Cape May County Zoo’s Tree-to-Tree Adventure Park, open weekends beginning Saturday, March 24
- Stone Harbor’s Easter Egg Hunt, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 24
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper, guest speaker to share knowledge in the field of environmental science & biology, admission fee & covered dish to share, 6-8PM, Friday, March 30
Properties Under Contract:
212 33rd Street, Avalon, $450,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179902
700 First Avenue, Unit 208, Avalon, $465,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180340
441 21st Street, Avalon, $750,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179411
309 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $949,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179908
139 108th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,750,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180187
2689 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $1,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179002
234 118th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,600,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 175217
258 70th Street, Avalon, $2,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180292
200 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,895,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 176914
7900 Dune Dr., Avalon, $150,000, SOLD MLS#: 179568
449 22nd Street, Avalon, $585,000, SOLD MLS#: 177856
9501 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $619,000, SOLD MLS#: 179731
404 24th Street, Avalon, $1,558,000, SOLD MLS#: 178402
35 W. 13th Street, Avalon, $1,825,000, SOLD MLS#: 178266
474 104 Street, Stone Harbor, $2,024,875, SOLD MLS#: 179384
162 63rd Street, Avalon, $10,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 180322