MARKET STATS: The number of active listings fell to 215, down 17% from this time last year. Meanwhile the average sold price to list price ratio has increased to 95%, up 2.5% from this time last year. For a full market report, click here:
Click above for the latest Market Minute report from Long & Foster Real Estate!
IS THE STOCK MARKET TOO VOLATILE for you? Consider real estate! Known for its stability compared to other, more volatile asset classes, real estate may be just what your portfolio needs! Whether you’re seeking an investment property with rental income, or a place to park some cash while you park yourself on the deck and take in the view, please call me–I’ll help you find the property that best fits your needs!
STONE HARBOR JOB FAIR: Those seeking summer jobs in both Stone Harbor and Avalon should plan to attend the Stone Harbor Job Fair on Saturday, April 14th, from 10am to 2pm. The job fair will be at Coffee Talk, at 299 97th Street; employers from Seven Mile Beach will be present to meet with applicants. Job opportunities are also available with the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, including marketing, vessel operations, and food services. For more info on Ferry jobs, visit https://www.cmlf.com/
ONE ALTERNATING LANE will be available to motorists on the Townsend’s Inlet Bridge, as an ongoing maintenance project continues through mid-June. Deteriorated railings on the bridge are being removed and replaced in four phases, as the alternating traffic is controlled by a temporary signal system. Marine traffic is unaffected by the current project. The recent repairs and associated shut-downs of the bridge have officials examining all options for the future of the 80-year-old span, including a major overhaul (the least expensive option) or a full replacement (the most expensive).
DREDGING OF THE INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY is slated to take place this month behind Stone Harbor. The US Army Corp of Engineers is overseeing the small project, which will take place between ICW buoy markers 419 and 421. Dredged sand will be placed on the Ring Island nesting bird habitat over a period of about a week. The Wetlands Institute will monitor conditions at that site.
- The Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper featuring a guest speaker sharing important issues in environmental science & biology, admission fee & please bring a covered dish to share, 6-8PM, Friday, February 23
- Fallen Heroes Polar Bear Plunge in North Wildwood, visit http://FallenHeroPlunge.
com for details, Saturday, February 24
- Drop In Open Forum for questions regarding your computer, phone, software or app, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, February 24
- Yoga at the Zoo, all donations go to the animals’ well being, meet at the gate at 8:45 AM, Saturday, March 3
- Finding Amelia (What Really Happened to Amelia Earhart), discussion at Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 3
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, Thursday, March 8-Saturday, March 10
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting discussing Boro Finances with Council Members Chuck Covington, Nancy Hudanich and CFO Jim Craft, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, March 10
- Genealogy Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, March 10
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz Concert, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, March 11
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up on Monday, March 12
- Pre-Stone Harbor Shiver Party, Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, 6PM, Friday, March 16
- Stone Harbor Shiver Polar Bear Plunge, register at Fred’s Tavern, 9:30AM, parade to beach followed by the plunge, 11AM-1PM, Saturday, March 17
- Cape May County Zoo’s Tree-to-Tree Adventure Park, open weekends beginning Saturday, March 24
- Cape May County Zoo EggstrvaganZoo, Easter bunny, educational displays, scavenger hunt, crafts, more, visit www.cmczoo.com for info, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, March 24
- Stone Harbor’s Easter Egg Hunt, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 24
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper, guest speaker to share knowledge in the field of environmental science & biology, admission fee & covered dish to share, 6-8PM, Friday, March 30
- Turtle Fest, pancake breakfast, arts & crafts, search for turtle hatchlings, live animal presentations, visit www.wetlandsinstitute.
org for info, 9AM-3PM, Wetlands Institute, Saturday, March 31
- Never Break the Chain, songs of Fleetwood Mac, Harbor Square Theater, 8:30 PM, Saturday, March 31
Properties Under Contract:
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $475,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 158988
1605 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $539,500, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180040
9709 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $899,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180283
6043 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,000,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 178530
1689 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180405
3448 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,520,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 178641
100 107th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,885,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 178529
313 76th Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179145
36 W. 34th Street, Avalon, $3,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180311
8305 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $207,000, SOLD MLS#: 177346
46 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $765,000, SOLD MLS#: 178674
330 87th St., #1, Stone Harbor, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 177209
309 76th street, Avalon, $2,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 175305
6 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $2,650,000, SOLD MLS#: 177191