AVALON 2018 SEASON BEACH TAGS are available at the pre-season price of $23. You can stop by the Avalon Tax Collector’s office during business hours, or mail your order (along with a check payable to the Borough of Avalon and a self-addressed stamped envelope) to Avalon Borough Hall, 3100 Dune Drive, Avalon, NJ 08202. Mail orders will be accepted until May 11th. Prefer to do it via your smartphone? There’s an app for that! Visit this link to download the Viply app on your iPhone or Android device and make your purchase that way: www.viplypass.com/avalon-
STONE HARBOR 2018 SEASON BEACH TAGS can be reserved at the pre-season price of $23 at Borough Hall during business hours, or reserved by mailing a check to Stone Harbor Borough Hall, 9508 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, NJ 08247. Note that Stone Harbor’s actual tags are not in yet, but by paying for your tag now you can reserve it at the pre-season price, then pick it up when the tags become available.
Avalon’s 2018 beach tags are now available for purchase at pre-season rates. See above for details.
APRIL 21ST BEACH SWEEPS and DUNE GRASS PLANTING. Avalon’s spring dune grass planting will take place April 21st, along with a beach sweep to help keep our beaches clean. Stone Harbor will also conduct a beach sweep that same day. Volunteers are needed for these efforts. Mark the date on your calendar and plan to help out! More details to follow as we get closer!
KEEPING TURTLES SAFE is the goal of an Avalon initiative. In conjunction with The Wetlands Institute, concrete barriers designed by Taylor Design Group will be employed near the marina and kayak storage locations. The new design will be monitored to determine its effectiveness, along with a sandy turtle nesting area nearby. The new barrier is designed to keep turtles off the road as they seek locations to lay eggs; the nesting area is designed to provide a safe location to do so.
MORE ON THE TI BRIDGE: The Townsend’s Inlet Bridge will close for a period of two to three weeks after Easter in order to allow crews time to complete repair work that is currently underway. The plan is to have all work completed by the beginning of summer.
NO PERMIT REQUIRED: Some common household repair jobs have been reclassified in the State of New Jersey and will no longer require a construction permit. Examples include siding and roof replacement, replacement of indoor plumbing fixtures, and alarm system installation. Reduced costs and time waiting for inspections are the upside, while the downside is less protection for consumers.
- Pre-Stone Harbor Shiver Party, Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, 6PM, Friday, March 16
- Stone Harbor Shiver Polar Bear Plunge, register at Fred’s Tavern, 9:30AM, parade to beach followed by the plunge, 11AM-1PM, Saturday, March 17
- Creative Writing, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories & articles, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 17
- Irish Music by Ceol Binn, Avalon Free Public Library, 1PM, Saturday, March 17
- Sea Isle City’s 28th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration, along Landis Avenue from 83rd Street to 63rd Street, 3:30 PM, Saturday, March 17
- Cape May County Zoo’s Tree-to-Tree Adventure Park, open weekends beginning Saturday, March 24
- Drop In Tech Workshop for Windows Computers & Android Smart Phones, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, March 24
- Cape May County Zoo EggstravaganZoo, Easter bunny, educational displays, scavenger hunt, crafts, more, visit www.cmczoo.com for info, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, March 24
- Stone Harbor’s Easter Egg Hunt, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 24 (Rain Date is Sunday, March 25)
- Magic Show with Joe Fischer, Avalon Elementary School, 10-11AM, Friday, March 30
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper, guest speaker to share knowledge in the field of environmental science & biology, admission fee & covered dish to share, 6-8PM, Friday, March 30
- Turtle Fest, pancake breakfast, arts & crafts, search for turtle hatchlings, live animal presentations, www.
wetlandsinstitute.org/events/ turtle-fest for info, 9AM-3PM, Wetlands Institute, Saturday, March 31
- Avalon’s Easter Egg Hunt, 8th through 12th Street ball fields, 10AM, Saturday, March 31
- Never Break the Chain, songs of Fleetwood Mac, Harbor Square Theater, 8:30 PM, Saturday, March 31
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit the ‘Food Bank of Southern Jersey,’ 2-4PM, Sunday, April 8
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk at 299-97th Street, 10AM-2PM, Sat
urday, April 14
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting & Clean Ocean Action’s Beach Sweep, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30AM, Saturday, April 21
- Cape May County Zoo Earth Day Celebration, 5K Earth Day Race & 1 Mile Fun Run, music, story time, inflatable obstacle course & slide, visit www.cmczoo.com for details, 8:30AM-4PM, Saturday April 21
- Ocean Drive Marathon, www.odmarathon.org for details, 9AM, Sunday, April 22
- Cape May Lighthouse Full Moon Climb, 609-884-5404 for info, 8PM-10PM, Sunday, April 29
Properties Under Contract:
700 First Avenue, Avalon, $549,777, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180662
1114 Stone Harbor BLVD., Stone Harbor Manor, $599,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 178566
532 21st Street, Avalon, $699,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179687
2019 Dune Drive, Avalon, $849,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180255
409 22nd Street, Avalon, $1,199,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 176996
203 118th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 176102
2125 Harbor Avenue, Avalon, $637,400, SOLD MLS#: 179482
235 20th Street, Avalon, $700,000, SOLD MLS#: 177651
304 78th Street – CB – West Unit, Avalon, $820,000, SOLD MLS#: 178450
276 90th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,635,000, SOLD MLS#: 179402