EASTER WEEKEND brings an Easter Egg Hunt to Avalon on Saturday, March 31st at 10am on the 8th Street recreation field. If Easter Brunch is more your style, check out Bobby Dee’s Rock’n Chair, The Reeds at Shelter Haven, The Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, or The Avalon Links, all of which are offering brunch options.
THE AVALON LIBRARY offers a variety of benefits—including the Philadelphia Inquirer. With a library card members can access current and back issues of the The Philadelphia Inquirer. To access The Inquirer visit http://www.
HOUSE PORTRAITS by Lisa Cunningham are a great way to capture the essence of your shore home! Not only do Lisa’s portraits make a great keepsake, they’re wonderful conversation starters when entertaining guests or clients. They also make a fantastic gift! Visit Lisa’s website for more samples of her work: https://www.
BULKHEAD HEIGHTS were discussed at a recent Stone Harbor Council meeting. Rising sea levels and the potential for flooding are behind the discussion. According to data presented by Lenore Tedesco of The Wetlands Institute, only about thirty percent of the borough’s bulkheads meet the current required height of 6.2 feet. Changing the height requirement to 8 feet was discussed, an increase of almost 2 feet. But bulkheads have a long lifespan and are replaced infrequently, meaning it could take decades before all bulkheads reach that level.
SIGNS OF SPRING: More shops and restaurants are reopening for the season, including Marie Nicole’s Grill, Stone Harbor Bar & Grill, and Spiaggetta. Chilly temperatures and recent snow have made the month of March feel more like a lion than a lamb, but each weekend more property owners are returning to the Island, as the weather gradually warms up.
THE AVALON/STONE HARBOR UPDATE will return the week of April 9th.
- Magic Show with Joe Fischer, Avalon Elementary School, 10-11AM, Friday, March 30
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper, guest speaker to share knowledge in the field of environmental science & biology, admission fee & covered dish to share, 6-8PM, Friday, March 30
- Turtle Fest, pancake breakfast, arts & crafts, search for turtle hatchlings, live animal presentations, visit www.wetlandsinstitute.
org for info, 9AM-3PM, Wetlands Institute, Saturday, March 31
- Avalon’s Easter Egg Hunt, 8th through 12th Street ball fields, 10AM, Saturday, March 31
- Tree-to-Tree Adventure Park Night Climb at the Cape May County Zoo, aerial obstacle course, http://
treetotreecapemay.com for info, Saturday, March 31
- Never Break the Chain, songs of Fleetwood Mac, Harbor Square Theater, 8:30 PM, Saturday, March 31
- Genealogy Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 1-3PM, Friday, April 6
- Screening of a slideshow of 150+ photos of early Avalon, Avalon History Center at 215-39th Street, 1-2PM,
Saturday, April 7
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit the ‘Food Bank of Southern Jersey’, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 8
- Drop in Tech Workshop for Windows Computers & Android Smart Phones, help with questions regarding phones, software or apps, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, April 14
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk at 299-97th Street, 10AM-2PM,
Saturday, April 14
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting & Clean Ocean Action’s Beach Sweep, Volunteers Needed, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30AM, Saturday, April 21
- Cape May County Zoo Earth Day Celebration, 5K Earth Day Race & 1 Mile Fun Run, music, story time, inflatable obstacle course & slide, visit www.cmczoo.comfor details, 8:30AM-4PM, Saturday April 21
- Creative Writing, tips & feedback on memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon Saturday, April 21
- Ocean Drive Marathon, www.odmarathon.org
for details, 9AM, Sunday, April 22
- Avalon Garden Club Arbor Day Celebration, 37th & Dune Drive, 10:30AM, Friday, April 27
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, artisans, sea-faring family friendly activities, food, live music, beer & wine garden, more, Stone Harbor’s downtown shopping area, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, May 5
- Avalon Garden Club Plant & Bake Sale, Avalon’s Community Hall, 10AM-4PM on Saturday, May 5 & 10AM–3PM on Sunday, May 6
Properties Under Contract:
7888 Dune Drive, Avalon, $409,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181039
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $489,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180923
250 95th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,125,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 178209
1127 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $1,299,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179773
915 Stone Harbor Blvd., Stone Harbor Manor, $90,000, SOLD MLS#: 173237
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $450,000, SOLD MLS#: 158988
441 21st Street, Avalon, $675,000, SOLD MLS#: 179411
248 81st St., Unit A, Stone Harbor, $675,000, SOLD MLS#: 177114
2309 Dune Drive, Avalon, $775,000, SOLD MLS#: 179867
284 7th Street, Avalon, $1,225,000, SOLD MLS#: 176539
2689 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $1,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 179002
8800 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,825,000, SOLD MLS#: 179738
145 109th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,835,000, SOLD MLS#: 179972