BEST BEACHES IN NEW JERSEY: Four of the seven Best Beaches in New Jersey are located in Cape May County according to US News! The ranking puts Avalon at number two on the list, just behind Cape May. Ocean City follows at number three, with Wildwood at number six. The ranking was based on factors such as accessibility, amenities, and cleanliness. Check out the rest of the list here: https://travel.usnews.
IT FEELS LIKE SPRING! With daytime highs near 80 degrees this week, it finally feels like spring! We’ve traded cool rainy days for warm sunshine, blossoming trees and blooming flowers!
SPRING EVENTS are getting underway. If you’ve been looking forward to enjoying some great weekend activities along with the spring weather, now is the time! Check out some of the great activities coming up:
Stone Harbor: the Spring Tide Festival & Boat Show takes place Saturday, May 5th in Stone Harbor, along with a Sidewalk Sale. Enjoy food, music, artwork, photography and a cold beer.
Cape May: the Coast Guard Community Festival takes place in Cape May on Saturday & Sunday, May 5th & 6th, and includes tours, demonstrations, family activities, food and more. Visit https://www.
Avalon: Spring Kickoff Weekend (May 11 & 12) includes the Wine & Spirits Festival on Friday, May 11, and the annual Borough-Wide Yard Sale on Saturday, May 12th. Also Saturday will be Avalon’s free paper shredding event and the Avalon Police Department’s annual bicycle auction, as well as the Avalon Volunteer Fire Department hoagie sale and plant sale. Saturday at 7pm enjoy a Big Band Dance at Community Hall.
Wildwood: the Spring Boardwalk Classic Car Show takes place Friday, May 11th through Sunday, May 13th. Hundreds of classic cars and trucks are expected, and they’ll parade down the boardwalk at 3pm each day.
See below for more events in the coming weeks!
E-ZPASS will be coming soon to local toll bridges on Ocean Drive. The Grassy Sound Bridge, which carries Ocean Drive from Stone Harbor to North Wildwood, will begin E-ZPass toll collection on May 14. The Townsend’s Inlet Bridge, linking Avalon with Sea Isle City, will go live on June 25th. Cash and bridge tickets will still be accepted by bridge tenders, who will remain on duty to open the drawbridge spans on each bridge for marine traffic.
NO TURN ON RED! Stone Harbor reminds drivers that it’s “No turn on red,” effective May 1st. Parking meters are now in effect, too.
RENTAL INCOME is a great way to help pay for your vacation home purchase! Did you know that you can rent your vacation home for two weeks, tax free? Or, rent it as much as you want and use rental income to offset your mortgage and other expenses. How about a one-bedroom condo in Avalon for $269,000, producing over $16,000 in rental income? Or a five bedroom home with a pool for $1,879,000, capable of producing about $80,000 in rental income? Whatever your purchase budget, let rental income cover part of your purchase cost! Always consult with your tax adviser for complete tax implications; consult with me to find the best property for your needs!
- 13th Annual Golf Tournament to benefit Brendan’s Fund, visit www.brendansfund.org for details, Stone Harbor Golf Club, 12 Noon tee time, 5PM for dinner, Friday, May 4
- AAZK Night Walk at the zoo with a Star Wars theme, Cape May County Zoo, Friday, May 4
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, artisans, sea-faring family friendly activities, food, live music, beer & wine garden, more, Stone Harbor’s downtown shopping area, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, May 5
- Cinco De Mayo Benefit for Brendan’s Fund, visit www.brendansfund.org for details, The Taco Shop at 1288 Hornet Road, Rio Grande (Cape May County Airport), Saturday, May 5
- Avalon Garden Club Plant & Bake Sale, Avalon’s Community Hall, 10AM-4PM on Saturday, May 5 & 10AM–3PM on Sunday, May 6
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival, Avalon Community Hall, 6:30-9PM, Friday, May 11
- Native Plant Sale, The Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30PM,
Friday–Sunday, May 11-13
- Avalon Yard Sale sponsored by the Avalon Garden Club, map pickup at 8AM at Avalon Community Hall, Saturday, May 12
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Bake Sale, 96th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 12
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Plant Sale, Stone Harbor Firehouse, 8AM-2PM on Saturday, May 12 & 8AM–Noon on Sunday, May 13
- Avalon Volunteer Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary Plant Sale, Avalon Fire House, 8AM-3PM, Saturday, May 12
- Avalon Fire Department Hoagie Sale, Avalon Fire House, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, May 12
- Big Band Dance featuring the Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, May 12
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Atlantic City Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit the ‘Food Bank of Southern Jersey’, 2-4PM, Sunday, May 13
- Avalon Garden Club Fashion Show, Avalon Yacht Club, Noon-4PM, Wednesday, May 16
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, 96th Street Women’s Civic Club, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 19
- Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, The Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30AM,
Saturday & Sunday, May 19 & 20
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, SH’s Beach Patrol, Police, Fire, Rescue & Office of Emergency Management personnel will compete in a series of challenges for a chance to officially ‘unlock’ the beaches for the season, 95th Street Beach, Noon, Saturday, May 26
- 19th Annual Turtle Trot 5K & 2 Mile Fun Walk, 95th Street & First Avenue, 6:45AM registration,
8AM race, 8:05AM Fun Walk, Sunday, May 27
Properties Under Contract:
3027 Dune Drive, Avalon, $649,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179740
125 80th Street, Avalon, $699,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181646
1322 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $749,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180963
1100 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $980,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179732
1123 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $1,200,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180049
3588 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,399,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181241
11001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,500,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181469
171 35th Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179693
202 75th Street, Avalon, $3,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 177076
7888 Dune Drive, Avalon, $405,000, SOLD MLS#: 181039
200 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $435,000, SOLD MLS#: 177361
532 21st Street, Avalon, $690,000, SOLD MLS#: 179687
25 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $710,000, SOLD MLS#: 171339
8201 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $730,000, SOLD MLS#: 179286
234 110th Street, Stone Harbor, $940,000, SOLD MLS#: 179667
311 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $975,000, SOLD MLS#: 180797
70 W. 24th Street, Avalon, $1,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 181627
3589 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 177021
249 101st Street, Stone Harbor, $2,888,000, SOLD MLS#: 177525
203 118th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 176102
94 E. 25th Street, Avalon, $4,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 179119