A FEVERISH PACE has taken over many aspects of the Island as contractors work to finish projects in time for Memorial Day Weekend. Work continues on many of the Island’s roadways, bridges, and other infrastructure, though large-scale projects will be halted at times of peak traffic. Contractors, landscapers, and other service providers are working diligently to finish construction work, repairs, and other jobs before the start of the busy summer season. If you aren’t already on your contractor’s schedule you’re probably out of luck for Memorial Day—but call now and get projects scheduled rather than waiting any longer. Need a recommendation for repairs or other services? Call me!
Ready for the season: row upon row of lifeguard stands are ready to be placed on beaches for the summer season!
FOR A DETAILED UPDATE on Stone Harbor’s beaches after spring nor’easters, take a look at this comprehensive report: http://stoneharbornj.
AREA CODE OVERLAY: A new “640” area code will be overlaid in the “609” area code later this summer. Those with “609” area codes will not have to change their numbers, but they will have to dial “1” plus the area code, plus the seven-digit phone number in order to make a call, even locally.
OUR GUEST SERVICES DEPARTMENT is gearing up for another busy summer. Kevin, Paul, and Ed will once again be assisting our clients seven days per week during the season. They can often handle small problems on the spot, or if they can’t, they’ll dispatch a property owner’s preferred vendor in order to solve problems quickly while minimizing inconvenience to our guests and property owners. Our Guest Services department is one more way we provide top notch service to our clients!
JUST ONE MORE WEEK! The Memorial Day Weekend is almost upon us! Will you be here for the unofficial start of the summer season? Walk the beach, shop in town, enjoy a fine meal, and catch the Memorial Day parades & services in Avalon & Stone Harbor. See below for a list of other events to add to your to-do list!
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, 96th Street Women’s Civic Club, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 19
- Mayor’s Cup Bocce Tournament, 39th Street Park, 10AM, Saturday, May 19
- Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, The Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Satu
rday & Sunday, May 19 & 20
- Avalon Free Public Library’s ‘Libraries Rock!’ Kid’s Reading Program, prizes every week, begins Friday, May 25 through Friday, August 17
- War at the Shore Touch Football Tournament, Stone Harbor Recreation Fields, 9AM-5PM, Saturday, May 26
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, SH’s Beach Patrol, Police, Fire, Rescue & Office of Emergency Management personnel will compete in a series of challenges for a chance to officially ‘unlock’ the beaches for the season, 95th Street Beach, Noon, Saturday, May 26
- 19th Annual Turtle Trot 5K & 2 Mile Fun Walk, 95th Street & First Avenue, 6:45AM registration, 8
AM race, 8:05AM Fun Walk, Sunday, May 27
- Stone Harbor’s Farmer’s Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, May 27
- Matthew Mullin Memorial 5K Beach Run/Walk, 30th Street Beach, 8:30AM, Sunday, May 27
- Avalon’s Memorial Day Parade, starts at 32nd Street & Dune Drive to Veteran’s Plaza at 21st & Dune, 9AM, Monday, May 28
- Memorial Service for Fallen Heroes, Stone Harbor Firehouse, 11AM, Monday, May 28
- 7 Mile Island American Legion Parade & Ceremony, Stone Harbor. Parade will begin at Noon & proceed down 96th Street to the Women’s Civic Club for the Ceremony, Monday, May 28
- 7 Mile Island American Legion Open House, 11617 Second Avenue, 1PM, Monday, May 28
- Full Moon Climb, Cape May Lighthouse, 8-10PM, Tuesday, May 29
- Avalon Performing Arts Concert featuring The Duprees & DJ Lou Costello, Avalon Community Hall, doors open at 6:30PM, music & dancing at 7:30PM, Saturday, June 2
- Stone Harbor Garden Club House Tour, 12:30-4PM, Saturday, June 2
- Stone Harbor’s Farmer’s Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 3
- 7 Mile Restaurant Week, island-wide, https://www.
visitavalonnj.com/where-to- dine/restaurant-week-menus for participating restaurants, Monday, June 4-Sunday, June 10
- Avalon Garden Club Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, noon-4PM, Saturday, June 9
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz, VFW Post #386 at 419 Congress Street in Cape May, proceeds benefit ‘Food Bank of Southern Jersey’, 2-4PM, Sunday, June 10
Properties Under Contract:
700 First Avenue, Avalon, $559,777, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180662
700 First Ave., Avalon, $599,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181480
179 114th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,000,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181816
69 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $2,799,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181320
535 42nd Street, Avalon, $2,895,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179807
418 Old Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $220,000, SOLD MLS#: 173236
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $480,000, SOLD MLS#: 180923
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd., #303, Stone Harbor Manor, $795,000, SOLD MLS#: 179707
3589 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 177021
158 30th Street, Avalon, $2,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 178558
813 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $2,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 166648