MAKE YOUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST NOW! Do you remember all those “summer things” you didn’t manage to squeeze in by Labor Day last year? Make a list and get them on your summer calendar! Watch a sunrise over the ocean, rent a waverunner, catch a flag ceremony at Sunset Beach in Cape May, or take a kid fishing! Whatever makes you happy—do it this summer!
SUNSCREEN DISPENSERS will be installed at Avalon’s Beach Tag Booth at 30th Street & the beach as well as the 39th Street Playground. Free SPF30 sunscreen will be provided as the result of a partnership between the Borough and the Richard David Kann Melanoma Foundation. Avalon resident Elyse Focht suggested the idea after hearing Phillies Hall of Fame third baseman, Mike Schmidt, discuss his battle with skin cancer.
Sunscreen dispensers like this one will be installed at Avalon’s Beach Tag Booth at 30th Street and the 39th Street Playground.
THE ZOO TURNS FORTY! The Cape May County Zoo celebrates its 40th Anniversary Saturday, June 9th from 10am to 2pm. A full lineup of activities is planned, including a primate training demo, an inflatable bounce house for kids, face painting, and a magic show. The zoo is one of Cape May County’s treasures. Admission to the zoo is free, but donations are always appreciated.
FISHING IS GOOD! Reports of good catches of flounder are heard regularly, and numerous stripers over 50 pounds have been weighed in. The first tuna have been caught in the canyons and other offshore hotspots. It’s shaping up to be a great fishing season!
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF 7 MILE RESTAURANT WEEK through Sunday, June 10th! Check out the list of participants here: https://www.
SEA ISLE CITY’S RESTAURANT WEEK also runs through Sunday, June 10th! Check out participating Sea Isle City restaurants here: http://www.
TREAT YOUR FAMILY…to the gift that lasts a lifetime! Do you love visiting the Island for a week? Why not make it permanent? Your family will thank you! Call me so we can discuss your needs, and begin the process of finding the perfect shore property for you & your family!
- 7 Mile Restaurant Week, island-wide, https://www.
visitavalonnj.com/where-to- dine/restaurant-week-menus for info, NOW through Sunday, June 10
- Sea Isle City Restaurant Week, island-wide, http://www.
seaislechamber.com/ RestaurantWeekParticipants. aspx for info, NOW through Sunday, June 10
- Avalon Free Public Library’s ‘Libraries Rock!’ Kid’s Reading Program, prizes every week, NOW through Friday, August 17
- Stone Harbor Property Owners Association Members Meeting, Harbor Square Theater, 8AM for coffee, 9AM for meeting, Saturday June 9
- Cape May County Zoo’s 40th Anniversary Celebration, music, bounce house, crafts, rides, talks, more, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, June 9
- Avalon Garden Club Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, visit https://avalonboro.net/
avalon-garden-club-36th- annual-flower-show-saturday- june-9th/ for info, Noon-4PM, Saturday, June 9
- Stone Harbor’s Farmer’s Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 10
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail at 114th Street & Second Avenue entrance, 10AM, Sunday, June 10
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz, VFW Post #386 at 419 Congress Street in Cape May, proceeds benefit ‘Food Bank of Southern Jersey’, 2-4PM, Sunday, June 10
- Movie Night at the Stone Harbor Library, PG rated Paddington 2, 5:30-7:30PM, Thursday, June 14
- Avalon Lions Club Pancake Breakfast, Avalon Community Hall, 8-11AM, Saturday, June 16
- Avalon Historical Society Olde House Tour, visit www.AvalonHistoryCenter.
org for info, 1-4PM, Saturday, June 16
- Big Band Dance featuring Swingadelic, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, June 16
- Stone Harbor’s Farmer’s Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 17
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail at 114th Street & Second Avenue entrance, 10AM, Sunday, June 17
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Strawberry Festival, 6-8PM, Sunday, June 17
- Avalon History Trivia Night, Avalon History Center, visit www.avalonhistorycenter.
org for info, 6PM, Tuesday, June 19
- Avalon Performing Arts Council Art Show: Celebrating Three Decades of Art, Avalon Elementary School, 10AM-4PM, Saturday, June 23
- Stone Harbor Family Night, fun for all, Stone Harbor Fire House, 7PM, Monday, June 25
- Children’s Mini Event, Rizzo’s Wildlife, Avalon Elementary School, 11AM, Tuesday, June 26
- Avalon’s Beach Movie, ‘Spider Man Homecoming,’ 30th Street & the beach, dusk, Tuesday, June 26
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring ‘Blue Bone,’ Veteran’s Plaza in Avalon, 7PM, Thursday, June 28
- Full Moon Climb at the Cape May Lighthouse, 8-10PM, Thursday, June 28
- 8th Annual Low Tide Beach Ride benefiting Brendan Borek Fund, 9th Street Beach, check-in & registration at 5PM, Saturday, June 30
Properties Under Contract:
8815 Second, Unit B, Stone Harbor, $819,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179974
2708 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $899,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179180
218 118th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,899,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 178785
65 E. 28th Street, Avalon, $1,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181531
99 W. 23rd Street, Avalon, $2,235,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182162
162 34th Street, Avalon, $2,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 178672
271 85th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181869
349 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,750,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182002
165 76th Street, Avalon, $3,275,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 178026
3518 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,021,499, SOLD MLS#: 176379
288 63rd Street, Avalon, $3,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 179622