MARKET STATS: Strong sales have led to low levels of inventory in most property categories. 33 units sold last month and an additional 35 units were placed under contract; only 52 new listings were added to the market. See the latest Long & Foster Market Minute for more market statistics.
Click above for the latest Long & Foster Market Minute.
DOLPHIN WHISPERER Nik Pattantyus has done it again! See Nik’s latest dolphin video showing several dolphins and a calf swimming just offshore. Nik videos dolphins while he paddleboards off the beach.
Take a paddleboard ride with Nik Pattantyus as he captures footage of a dolphin calf swimming with several adult dolphins.
FIREWORKS are the main event over the Independence Day holiday! Seven Mile Island visitors have two chances to catch fireworks displays. On Monday, July 2nd Stone Harbor will launch fireworks off the 96th Street beach at dusk. On Wednesday, July 4th Avalon’s display will take place off the 30th Street beach at about 8:45pm. Sea Isle City and Cape May will also feature fireworks displays on the 4th. Not enough options? You can also catch a weekly fireworks display on the Wildwood beach any Friday evening at 10pm during the summer season.
RYAN HOWARD VISITS CAPE MAY COUNTY ZOO: Now that he’s not busy playing first base for the Philadelphia Phillies, Ryan Howard found some time to visit the Cape May County Zoo last week. Howard even took a few moments to pose for pictures with Middle Township Police officers; the photos later appeared on the department’s Facebook page.
SUSTAINABLE JERSEY awards will go to seven municipalities in our area. Avalon will receive a $20,000 grant to fund diamondback terrapin preservation. Turtle nesting areas and barriers will be created to prevent turtle fatalities on roadways. Stone Harbor will receive a $2,000 grant.
AIRPLANE LOVERS SHOULD PLAN AHEAD for two great air shows returning to our area later this summer. The Atlantic City Air Show returns on August 22nd, and will feature the hugely popular US Air Force Thunderbirds, among numerous other performers. The show is free, and viewers can watch from the beach or boardwalk, a hotel balcony, or aboard a boat. Beginning August 31st Airfest returns to the Naval Air Station Wildwood Museum at the Cape May County Airport featuring several WWII era planes. A $16 ticket includes aircraft tours, music and access to Hangar #1. 30-minute flights on vintage aircraft begin at $400 and require advance reservations. Visit https://usnasw.org/
- Avalon Free Public Library’s ‘Libraries Rock!’ Kid’s Reading Program, prizes every week, NOW through Friday, August 17
- APAC Children’s Mini Event featuring Michael Rosman’s Amazing Feats of Comedy, Avalon Elementary School, 11AM-Noon, Thursday, June 28
- Movie Night at the Stone Harbor Library, PG rated Despicable Me 3, 5:30-7:30PM, Thursday, June 28
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring ‘Blue Bone,’ Veteran’s Plaza in Avalon, 7PM, Thursday, June 28
- Full Moon Climb at the Cape May Lighthouse, 8-10PM, Thursday, June 28
- 8th Annual Low Tide Beach Ride benefiting Brendan Borek Fund, 9th Street Beach, check-in & registration at 5PM, Saturday, June 30
- Harbor Hustle 5K Run & 2 Mile Fun Walk, Stone Harbor Recreation Field at 8100 Second Avenue, Registration at 6:45AM, Race at 8AM, Fun Walk at 8:05AM, Sunday, July 1
- Stone Harbor’s Farmer’s Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, July 1
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail at 114th Street & Second Avenue entrance, 10AM, Sunday, July 1
- Avalon Field Races & Family Fun, 10th Street Field, 10AM, Sunday, July 1
- Lutheran Church of Our Saviour Chicken BBQ, 9212 Third Avenue, 5-7PM, Sunday, July 1
- Stone Harbor Family Night, fun for all, Stone Harbor Fire House, 7PM, Monday, July 2
- 63rd Army Band Concert, Veterans Plaza in Avalon, 7-8:30PM, Monday, July 2
- Stone Harbor Independence Day Celebration, Live music at 95th Street Pavilion, 7:30-9:30PM, Monday, July 2
- Stone Harbor Fireworks over the beach, Dusk, Monday, July 2
- Children’s Mini Event: Fourth of July Fun, Avalon Elementary School, 11AM, Tuesday, July 3
- Mummers & a Movie, 30th Street & the Beach, Mummers performance at 6PM, Movie ‘Wonder’ at dusk, Tuesday, July 3
- Stone Harbor’s July 4th Field Day, 80th Street Recreation Field at 8100 Second Avenue, registration at 9AM for select activities & Home Run Derby, activities begin at 10AM, Wednesday, July 4
- Avalon Boat Parade, High Tide, Wednesday, July 4
- Beach Concert featuring Andrew Jude, 30th Street Beach, 1-3PM, Wednesday, July 4
- Avalon Independence Day Celebration, 30th Street Parking lot, 6-8PM, Wednesday, July 4
- Bay Atlantic Symphony Concert, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Wednesday, July 4
- Avalon Fireworks off the 30th Street Beach, 8:45PM, Wednesday, July 4
- Children’s Mini Event: The Carrot Salesman Puppet Show, Avalon Elementary School, 11AM-Noon, Thursday, July 5
- Avalon’s Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring Jonifin Marvin and The Philly Reggae Band, activities beginning at 5:30PM, Concert at 7PM, Veterans Plaza, Thursday, July 5
Properties Under Contract:
7929 Dune Drive, Avalon, $299,999, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179864
7929 Dune Drive, Avalon, $429,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181592
7751 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $435,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 169072
3470 Dune Drive, Avalon, $879,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179457
158 10th Street, Avalon, $1,299,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180138
2968 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,479,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 178424
24 E. 21st Street, Avalon, $2,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182161
30 Meadowview Lane, Avalon Manor, $325,000, SOLD MLS#: 171271
700 First Avenue, #418, Avalon, $565,000, SOLD MLS#: 179416
700 First Avenue, Avalon, $590,000, SOLD MLS#: 180662
343 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,437,500, SOLD MLS#: 178111
218 118th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,790,000, SOLD MLS#: 178785
3520 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,999,000, SOLD MLS#: 176378
200 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,820,000, SOLD MLS#: 176914
511 42nd Street, Avalon, $5,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 176579