MARKET UPDATE: The quarterly report for the Avalon and Stone Harbor Marketplaces is now available.
View Report – Second Quarter Report for the Avalon and Stone Harbor Marketplaces
THE LOWEST PROPERTY TAX RATE in Cape May County belongs to Avalon once again, with an overall tax rate of 48.8 cents per $100 of assessed value. Stone Harbor is close behind, with an overall rate of 55.2 cents per $100 of assessed value. Both towns have been blessed with increasing ratables, which helps in maintaining low overall tax rates.
Looking for lunch: an egret quietly searches for a meal at low tide on Nummy Island, between Stone Harbor and North Wildwood.
A NEW KIND OF CONSTRUCTION: Traditional stick-frame construction involves building homes on site, one piece of lumber at a time. A new method of construction is being utilized for a home on 92nd Street, and is the first of its kind on the Island. Large structural panels were fabricated by robots at Blueprint Robotics and built to very precise tolerances, then delivered to the construction site for assembly. The panels are lifted by crane onto the foundation, and permanently fastened. Unlike traditional construction, a whole house can be assembled quickly, minimizing exposure to weather. And unlike “modular” construction, any architectural design can be accommodated. Want to see for yourself? Check out the picture below, or swing by the 200 block of 92nd Street for a look!
A structural panel built by robots is moved into position via crane. Once positioned, the crew will fasten it permanently.
DESIGNER HOUSE TOUR: Cape Regional’s 7 Mile Island Home & Health Show and Designer House Tour will be held on Saturday, August 11. The Home & Health Show opens at 9 am at Avalon Elementary School and admission is free. The Designer House Tour opens at 11 am. Tickets are on sale now for $35 per person at Avalon Chamber of Commerce, by calling 609-463-4040, or you can purchase tickets HERE. Tickets will also be on sale at the Home & Health Show starting at 9 am on August 11th – stop by early to enjoy the exhibits and leave for the tour from the school. For more information, call Cape Regional Foundation at 609-463-4040.
AMERICAN PICKERS Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz are bringing their History Channel television show to New Jersey next month where they will film new episodes. The documentary series highlights the world of antique picking, and the show’s stars are looking for new collections to explore while filming in New Jersey.
TAYLOR SWIFT LOVES STONE HARBOR! At her July 13th concert in Philadelphia, Taylor Swift told her fans about spending her summers in Stone Harbor while growing up. Originally from the Reading, PA area, Swift has mentioned Stone Harbor often during her singing career. Before she became a superstar Swift used to sing at Coffee Talk.
- Santa & Mrs. Claus vacation in Stone Harbor, town-wide event- NOW through Saturday, 7/28
- Avalon Free Public Library’s ‘Libraries Rock!’ Kid’s Reading Program, prizes every week, NOW through Friday, August 17
- APAC Children’s Mini Event: Nature Nick’s Animal Adventure, Avalon Elementary School, 11AM-Noon, Thursday, July 26
- Avalon’s Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring Eleven Eleven, Veteran’s Plaza, Pets on Parade at 5:30PM, concert at 7PM, Thursday, July 26
- Family Movie Night at the Stone Harbor Library featuring G-rated Wonderstruck, 5:30-7:30PM, Thursday, July 26
- Boating Safety Class, 39th Street Tennis Building, 6:30-10PM, Thursday, July 26
- Pickleball for Kids, Avalon Community Hall, 10-11:30AM, Friday, July 27
- Cape May Lighthouse Full Moon Climb, 8PM-10PM, Friday, July 27
- Brendan Borek Fund sponsors Yoga on the Beach, 30th Street Beach, registration at 8AM, class begins at 9AM, Saturday, July 28
- Avalon Players 50th Anniversary Reunion, Avalon Community Hall, 4-6PM, Saturday, July 28
- Stone Harbor’s Farmer’s Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, July 29
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail at 114th Street & Second Avenue Entrance, 10AM, Sunday, July 29
- Monday Funday: Activities for Kids, Avalon History Center, 10AM, Monday, July 30
- Stone Harbor Family Night, fun for all the family, Stone Harbor Fire House, 7PM, Monday July 30
- Children’s Mini Event: Hoop Wizard, Avalon Elementary School, 11AM, Tuesday, July 31
- History of Avalon: 1939-1962, Avalon History Center, 6PM, Tuesday, July 31
- Brendan Borek: The Artists & Friends Art Show, Avalon Yacht Club, 6-9PM, Tuesday, July 31
- Stone Harbor’s Tuesdays at the Tower Concert featuring 40 North, Water Tower Plaza, 7-8:30PM, Tuesday, July 31
- Avalon’s Beach Movie featuring Coco, 30th Street & the Beach, dusk, Tuesday, July 31
- LEGO Club, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM, Wednesday, August 1
- Brendan’s Fund Pancake Day, The Fishin’ Pier Grill in both Avalon & Stone Harbor, Thursday, August 2
- Avalon Players Production, Avalon Elementary School, 7PM, Thursday-Saturday, August 2-4
- Stone Harbor’s Annual Arts & Crafts Festival, 8100 Second Avenue, 9AM-5PM on Saturday, August 4 & 9AM-4PM on Sunday, August 5
Properties Under Contract:
7751 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $440,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182404
330 40th Street, Avalon, $649,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179278
1688 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $899,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182586
3287 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181706
233 34th St., East Unit, Avalon, $1,450,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 180925
643 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181502
763 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $2,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182256
3101 Dune Drive, Avalon, $35,000, SOLD MLS#: 180772
7929 Dune Drive, Avalon, $420,000, SOLD MLS#: 181592
204 37th Street, Avalon, $2,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 181826
349 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 182002
171 35th Street, Avalon, $2,850,000, SOLD MLS#: 179693