FOR A FASCINATING VIEW of the Townsend’s Inlet Bridge check out the aerial video below. Shot by Remington & Vernick Engineers, the video shows a bird’s eye view of the ongoing repair project that will replace several bridge spans on the Avalon side. In addition to cranes, barges, and workers, there are some fascinating views of Avalon and Sea Isle City too!
THANKSGIVING WEEKEND is just around the corner, with dozens of holiday activities planned in Avalon and Stone Harbor! Avalon’s Festive Friday and Snowfest Saturday feature events and activities along Dune Drive including music, horse & carriage rides, kids’ karaoke, tree lighting, and visits with Santa. Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday celebration includes a pet parade, photos with Santa, a Downtown Holiday Dash, and caroling under the 96th Street clock. Capping off the weekend is the annual Christmas Parade along Third Avenue and 96th Street Saturday evening. For a list of Avalon’s activities click here: https://www.
LAST CHANCE FOR the BEACH TAG RAFFLE! If you haven’t purchased a $10 raffle ticket for the complete set of Stone Harbor Beach tags, call the Stone Harbor Museum at 609-368-7500, or stop by the Chamber of Commerce. The complete 47-year set of tags includes the rare 1971 tag—the first issued by Stone Harbor. Tickets will be sold up until shortly before the parade Thanksgiving weekend. You don’t need to be present at the drawing to win.
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS: American Legion Post #331 in Stone Harbor will award airline tickets to four active members stationed at the United States Coast Guard Base in Cape May, so they may spend time at home with family over the holidays. Service members and their families will receive round trip airfare plus limousine service to and from the airport courtesy of Avalon Limousine. This year’s recipients will travel home to California, Alaska, North Carolina, and Texas. The program is funded via donations from individuals and businesses in the community. If you are interested in participating in the 2019 program, contact James Fleischmann, trustee of American Legion Post #331, at email@example.com. Members of the public are invited to the Stephen C. Ludlam American Legion Post #331 Saturday, December 8th at 12 noon for the presentation of travel arrangements to the service members and their families. The following day, Sunday, December 9th, the Post will host a public three-hour open house at 1pm to honor veterans of the Korean War and World War II. The Post is located at 11617 Second Avenue in Stone Harbor.
BIG STRIPED BASS are showing up in South Jersey. Stripers from fifteen to fifty pounds have been weighed in from Long Beach Island to Delaware Bay, with more being caught every day. Jetties, the surf, and trolling have all produced catches.
HOLIDAY BEACH TAGS will be available beginning Friday, November 23rd, in both Avalon & Stone Harbor. In Avalon, Holiday Beach Tags may be purchased inside the Rescue Squad building at 31st and Dune Drive Friday & Saturday, November 23rd & 24th, from 10am to 4pm, for $23. Stone Harbor Holiday Beach Tags may be purchased for $23 at the Borough Hall on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, November 23rd-25th, beginning at 10am each day until 4pm Friday & Saturday, and 3pm Sunday. Tags are good for the entire 2019 season—and they make great stocking stuffers!
- Drop In Tech Workshop for Apple computers, iPads & iPhones, Avalon Free Public Library, 2PM, Friday, November 16
- Sea Isle City’s Girls’ Weekend, 3 days of special offers at retailers, restaurants, salons & other businesses, Friday-Sunday, November 16-18
- Creative Writing, feedback on poetry, memories, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 17
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, silent auction bidding on your favorite decorated wreathes & trees, 5PM on Wednesday, November 21 & Noon on Friday, November 23
- Brendan Borek High Tides Memorial Fund 17th Annual Turkey Trot sponsored by Cape May Fitness Center, 600 Park Boulevard, West Cape May, check in & registration at 8AM, Trot begins at 9AM, Friday, November 23
- Story & Craft Time with Mrs. Claus, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Friday, November 23
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, downtown Avalon, over 40 activities for the entire family, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 23
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday, pet parade, Merchant’s Hospitality Friday Night, Small Business Saturday, Scavenger Hunt & family activities, Friday & Saturday, November 23 & 24
- Photos with Santa, Stone Harbor Fire Company, 5-7PM, Friday, November 23
- Holiday Gift Guide Presentation, suggestions for best tech ideas to hottest toys, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Saturday, November 24
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, downtown Avalon, holiday carnival with family fun, photos with Santa, rides & entertainment 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 24
- Stone Harbor’s Annual Christmas Parade, music, entertainment, floats, fire trucks, the arrival of Santa, downtown shopping district, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 24
- Avalon Historical Society Holiday Party & Annual Meeting, Avalon History Center, 4-7PM, Saturday, December 1
- Stone Harbor’s Caroling & Tree Lighting, caroling throughout town on a trolley & then lighting of the Christmas tree in front of Boro Hall, 4:45-6:30PM, Tuesday, December 11
- Happy ‘Noon’ Year, celebration for the kids, 11AM-12:30PM, Avalon Free Public Library, Monday, December 31
- Job Searching Workshop with Sean Farrell presenting options for best ways to get a job online, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Saturday, January 5
- The First Frontier: Yeoman-Whalers & the Origin of Cape May County, presentation by Jim Stephens of Historic Cold Spring Village discussing the 17th century whaling industry on the Delaware Bay and how it led to the creation of CMC, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, January 5
10120 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $189,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184918
26 Meadowview Lane, Avalon Manor, $395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184906
1777 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $595,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184954
7901 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $609,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184876
141 30th Street, Avalon, $1,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184930
10 W. 27th Street, Avalon, $1,899,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 184898
517 20th Street, Avalon, $2,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184868
Properties Under Contract:
700 First Avenue, Avalon, $619,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184722
213 64th Street, Avalon, $2,125,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184945
2405 Harbor Avenue, Avalon, $2,199,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 183180
151 21st Street, Avalon, $2,695,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184255
148 18th Street, Avalon, $2,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184912
94 E. 14th Street, Avalon, $4,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 183322
8001 2nd Avenue, Stone Harbor, $460,000, SOLD MLS#: 183607
425 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,255,000, SOLD MLS#: 184051
271 85th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,311,000, SOLD MLS#: 181869
6188 Dune Drive, Avalon, $3,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 182585
77 E. 22nd Street, Avalon, $3,837,500, SOLD MLS#: 180554