KICK OFF THE HOLIDAY SEASON this weekend in Avalon & Stone Harbor! Thanksgiving leads right to Christmas here on the Island! See below for details on holiday activities to help plan your weekend of fun!
While you’re here for Thanksgiving squeeze in a walk on the beach—you’ll be glad you did!
FESTIVAL OF TREES begins Wednesday at 5pm, at the Whitebrier. Bid on your favorite Christmas tree or wreath, fully decorated and ready to take home! The bidding resumes Friday at 12 noon. Details are here: https://avalonboro.net/
FESTIVE FRIDAY in Avalon: Throughout the business district you’ll find music, refreshments, face painting, a bounce house, kids’ karaoke, and lots more. Mayor Martin Pagliughi and Santa will light the Christmas tree at 21st & Dune Drive at 5pm, and Santa will stay for pictures afterward. A full list of the day’s activities is here: https://avalonboro.net/
SNOW FEST SATURDAY brings more fun to Avalon! Check out the Polar Bear Bungee Trampoline, Toboggan Slide, Pipeline Snowboard Rides, and Frosty’s Ferris Wheel Bounce House, along with many more activities plus music all day! More info is here: https://avalonboro.net/
AN ISLAND HOLIDAY in Stone Harbor (Friday & Saturday): From breakfast with Frosty and holiday movies to the Downtown Holiday Dash and caroling under the 96th Street Clock, Stone Harbor is transformed into a winter wonderland for this annual celebration. Santa will even be at the firehouse Friday for pictures (at 5pm). Check the full schedule here: http://stoneharbornj.
THE ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE caps off the weekend with fire trucks from all over, decorated floats, and music, along with an appearance from the guest of honor, Santa. At 6:30pm the parade will proceed north along Third Avenue and turn onto 96th Street toward the beach. If you’ve never seen it before you won’t believe it!
Catch the Christmas Parade Saturday evening in Stone Harbor!
STOCKING STUFFERS from Avalon & Stone Harbor are always welcome! Get a jump on your holiday shopping—consider holiday beach tags, a box of fudge, or a gift certificate to a local shop or restaurant. Want to make a big splash with your family this year? How about your very own shore home? Check out our “shopping list” below. Your family will thank you—all year long!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! From my family to yours, have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, silent auction bidding on your favorite decorated wreathes & trees, 5PM on Wednesday, November 21 & Noon on Friday, November 23
- Brendan Borek High Tides Memorial Fund Annual Turkey Trot sponsored by Cape May Fitness Center, 3860 Bayshore Road, North Cape May, Trot begins at 9AM, Thursday, November 22
- Avalon’s Turkey Trot 5K Run, Community Hall, 10AM, Friday, November 23
- Story & Craft Time with Mrs. Claus, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Friday, November 23
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, downtown Avalon, over 40 activities for the entire family, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 23
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday, Merchant’s Hospitality Friday Night, Small Business Saturday, scavenger hunt & family activities, Friday & Saturday, November 23 & 24
- Photos with Santa, Stone Harbor Fire Company, 5-7PM, Friday, November 23
- Holiday Gift Guide Presentation, suggestions for best tech ideas to hottest toys, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Saturday, November 24
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, downtown Avalon, holiday carnival with family fun, photos with Santa, rides & entertainment 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 24
- Stone Harbor’s Annual Christmas Parade, music, entertainment, floats, fire trucks, the arrival of Santa, downtown shopping district, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 24
- Avalon Historical Society Holiday Party & Annual Meeting, Avalon History Center, 4-7PM, Saturday, December 1
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Monthly Meeting, Avalon Senior Citizens’ Building, 10AM, Saturday, December 8
- Stone Harbor’s Caroling & Tree Lighting, caroling throughout town on a trolley & then lighting of the Christmas tree in front of Boro Hall, 4:45—6:30PM, Tuesday, December 11
- Happy ‘Noon’ Year, celebration for the kids, 11AM-12:30PM, Avalon Free Public Library, Monday, December 31
- Job Searching Workshop with Sean Farrell presenting options for best ways to get a job online, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Saturday, January 5
- The First Frontier: Yeoman-Whalers & the Origin of Cape May County, presentation by Jim Stephens of Historic Cold Spring Village discussing the 17th century whaling industry on the Delaware Bay and how it led to the creation of CMC, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, January 5
8300 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $509,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184990
1777 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $595,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184954
694 21st Street, North Street, Avalon, $629,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184991
395 22nd Street, Avalon, $1,049,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184984
527 22nd Street, Avalon, $1,249,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 185043
311 77th Street, Avalon, $2,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 185037
Properties Under Contract:
246 45th Street, Avalon, $1,425,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184415
272 90th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184704
284 79th Street, Avalon, $662,500, SOLD MLS#: 184220
700 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $799,000, SOLD MLS#: 183489
4138 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $975,000, SOLD MLS#: 183007
310 79th Street, Avalon, $1,049,000, SOLD MLS#: 182937
2934 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 170340
201 100th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,125,000, SOLD MLS#: 182186
125 Meadowview Lane, Avalon Manor, $1,425,000, SOLD MLS#: 184130
295 67th Street, Avalon, $1,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 183733
222 104th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, SOLD MLS#: 183865
2766 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 182388
1859 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,950,000, SOLD MLS#: 183707
7668 Sunset Drive, Avalon, $6,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 178331