The Avalon Fishing Pier frames the Hard Rock and Ocean Resort Casinos in Atlantic City at dusk. The Casinos are roughly a 35 mile drive from Avalon, and about 25 straight-line miles. The curve of the earth is apparent, as the bottoms of the buildings are not visible.
SHOP-A-HOLIC WEEKEND! Thursday through Saturday is Shop-A-Holic Weekend in Avalon. More than thirty stores will participate, with The Princeton and The Whitebrier offering a combination of shopping, cocktails, and small plates as you shop. Monetary donations will be accepted and will benefit Friend In Need, a local organization dedicated to helping Cape May County residents in need. Shop-A-Holic Weekend takes place Thursday, March 7th, 4pm to 9pm, Friday, March 8th, 4pm to 9pm, and Saturday, March 9th, 10am to 6pm.
STONE HARBOR’S LAGOONS, which were dredged in late 2016 and early 2017, are holding up well according to a survey by Dr. Stewart Farrell of the Stockton University Coastal Research Center. As reported in the Cape May County Herald, Dr. Farrell’s December 2018 survey indicates that the lagoons are in “good shape, with minimal material collection at the entrance to some of the lagoons.” Furthermore, the borough’s beaches, which were replenished in February 2017, were also found to be in good condition, with only minimal loss of sand noted at the time of the survey.
SEA ISLE CITY has installed numerous flood warning signs that flash if roadways fill with water, warning drivers. The signs are activated by sensors that detect accumulating water. Some of the signs contain cameras that send pictures of road conditions to police dispatchers, who can manually control the signs. The technology used is similar to that in red light camera systems.
AMERICAN PICKERS will be in Cape May County! The long-running History Channel Show features friends Mike and Frank, who scour the country looking for antiques to either restore, resell, or add to their collections. Do you have an antique collection you’d like Mike and Frank to check out? Email the show at americanpickers@cineflix.
SPRING FORWARD THIS WEEKEND! You’ll lose an hour of sleep, but gain an hour of daylight in the evening! Be sure to set your clocks ahead by an hour Saturday night!
12 WEEKS TO MEMORIAL DAY! Want to purchase your own shore property and be in for the summer season? There’s time—let’s make that happen! Call or email me today to get started!
- Fireside Chat at Cold Spring Brewery, ‘Forgotten Great Men and Women from American History,’ Cold Spring Brewery, 4-5PM, Thursday, March 7
- Avalon’s Shop-a-Holics Weekend, designers, deals & drinks, Princeton Bar & Grill & the Whitebrier, 4-9PM on Thursday & Friday, March 7 & 8 and 10AM-6PM on Saturday, March 9
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting featuring Councilpersons Nancy Hudanich & Chuck Covington, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, March 9
- Fiddle Club, students from Music Studios in Linwood & professional musicians perform Irish songs to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 9
- Stone Harbor Shiver Polar Plunge Pre-Shiver party, The Reeds, 6-9PM, Friday, March 15
- 14th Annual Comedy Night Social, Cape May Convention Hall, for ticket info call 609-884-9565, 7-10PM, Friday, March 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, stories, books, etc, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 16
- Kegs & Eggs Pre-Shiver Celebration, Fred’s Tavern, 10AM, Saturday, March 16
- Parade to the 96th Street beach from behind Fred’s Tavern, starts at Noon, Saturday, March 16
- Stone Harbor Shiver Polar Plunge, 96th Street Beach, following the parade from Fred’s Tavern which begins at Noon, Saturday, March 16
- Apple Computer, iPads & iPhones Drop-In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3:30PM, Saturday, March 16
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior, pick-up on Monday, March 18
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, enjoy tea & shared memories of Avalon, 11AM-Noon, Thursday, March 21
- Genealogy Discussion featuring Casey Zahn, tips on researching your family history, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 23
- Underground Railroad in Cape May County, Avalon History Center at 215-39th Street, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 6
- Clean Ocean Action Stone Harbor Volunteer Beach Sweep, meet at the Stone Harbor Beach Patrol Headquarters at 95th Street & the beach, bring gloves & dress appropriately for the weather, 9AM-12:30PM, Saturday, April 13
- Stone Harbor Chamber of Commerce Job Fair, Coffee Talk at 97th & Third Avenue, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, April 13
7800 Dune Drive, Avalon, $290,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186416
296 65th Street, Avalon, $465,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186441
3465 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $810,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186492
156 101st Street, Stone Harbor, $1,750,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186350
254 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,850,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186407
254 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,850,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186408
284 7th Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186396
226 117th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186413
92 E 23rd Street, Avalon, $4,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186363
4502 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $6,250,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186369
Properties Under Contract:
1777 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $559,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186112
286 13th Street, Avalon, $629,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185844
247 29th, Avalon, $1,100,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186317
472 22nd Street, Avalon, $1,595,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185264
93 E 11th Street, Avalon, $2,695,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185981
138 18th Street, Avalon, $2,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 183428
11801 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $2,800,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186132
165 75th Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182317
9510 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $523,000, SOLD MLS#: 183472
1114 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $590,000, SOLD MLS#: 184732
355 40th Street, Avalon, $707,500, SOLD MLS#: 184402
3465 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $854,500, SOLD MLS#: 184780
4506 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $3,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 185277
76 E 26th Street, Avalon, $4,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 178320