HOLIDAY BEACH TAGS! Both Avalon & Stone Harbor announced that 2017 Holiday beach tags will be available for sale Friday of Thanksgiving weekend, at a cost of $22 in each town. In Avalon, tags will be available at the Avalon Rescue Squad building from 11am to 4pm Friday & Saturday, November 24th and 25th. In Stone Harbor, tags can be purchased at Borough Hall Friday, November 24th from 10am to 8pm, Saturday, November 25th from 10am to 7pm, and Sunday, November 26th from 10am to 5pm. Supplies in both towns are limited!
ONE IN A MILLION: A rare blue lobster was caught by a pair of Sea Isle City fisherman last week. The 1.5 pound lobster was estimated to be 7 to 8 years old, and was caught about 85 miles offshore. Brothers Kevin and Eric Burcaw Jr. caught the lobster, and sought an aquarium to house the rare specimen. Adventure Aquarium in Camden said it would keep and display the blue lobster right next to Elvis—another blue lobster already living there. Eric Burcaw, Sr. said he’d never seen a blue lobster in four decades of fishing. Thanks to the Burcaws and Adventure Aquarium, the rest of us will have a chance to see him, too.
Blue skies, warm temperatures, and an empty beach at 35th Street earlier this week!
COASTALLIVING.COM listed both Avalon & Stone Harbor among the ten best beach towns in New Jersey. The Dune Drive business district was cited as an attraction for Avalon, and the Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary for Stone Harbor. To read the article and see the other towns on the list, click here: http://www.
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: Bill Mengel of The Avalon History Center will give a talk titled “All Aboard! How the Railroad Made Avalon” on Saturday, November 4th at 1pm. Mengel will show a variety of railroad photographs from in and around Avalon and discuss the importance of the railroad in putting Avalon on the map. A previous talk on the same subject was standing room only, so get there early!
“FALL BACK” by an hour this weekend! Sunday at 2am (or
TIME TO BOOK YOUR VACATION RENTAL! If you haven’t already, browse my website for your next vacation rental at http://bleahy.com/search-for-rentals. If you prefer, call or email me with your specifications and I’ll send you options that match your criteria. Property owners, get me your rates if you haven’t done so yet!
- All Aboard: How the Railroad Made Avalon, talk by History Center Interpreter Bill Mengel, learn about the history of the Avalon railroad & see great old photos, 215-39th Street in Avalon, 1-2PM, Saturday, November 4
- Big Band Dance featuring Tony DeLuca and the Paisans, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 4
- American Legion Post #331 Veterans’ Day Ceremony, Veterans’ Plaza in Avalon, 11AM, Saturday, November 11
- Stone Harbor American Legion Veterans’ Day Ceremony, 11617 Second Avenue, Noon, Saturday, November 11
- Brendan Borek High Tides Striper Tournament, visit www.brendansfund.org for details, Saturday, November 11
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Atlantic City Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, proceeds benefit Food Bank of Southern Jersey, 2-4PM, Sunday, November 12
- Creative Writing, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 18
- Cooler By A Mile, Greater By A Million, David LaPuma, Director of NJ Audubon’s Cape May Bird Observatory discusses how twice a year millions of birds migrate over NJ to & from breeding & wintering grounds across the Western Hemisphere, Avalon Public Library, 11AM-Noon, Saturday, November 18
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, 5PM,
Wednesday, November 22
- Brendan Borek 5K Turkey Trot at Cape May Fitness, visit www.brendansfund.org for details, Thursday, November 23
- Festive Friday, family friendly activities for all, shopping, more, throughout Avalon’s business district, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 24
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, Noon-8PM,
Friday, November 24
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday, family friendly activities for all, shopping, more, throughout Stone Harbor’s shopping district, 10AM-9PM, Friday, November 24 & Saturday, November 25
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, activities for all the family, shopping, more throughout Avalon’s business district, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 25
- Stone Harbor’s Gala Christmas Parade down 96th Street, music, floats, decorations, Santa, more, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 25
11007 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $940,000, SOLD MLS#: 174960
236 24th Street, Avalon, $964,000, SOLD MLS#: 177251
298 46th Street, Avalon, $981,000, SOLD MLS#: 171753
303 39th Street, Avalon, $1,425,000, SOLD MLS#: 175855
45 W. 18th Street, Avalon, $1,435,000, SOLD MLS#: 178998
330 87th Street, #2, Stone Harbor, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 175031
330 87th St., #1, Stone Harbor, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 177209
4525 Fourth Ave., Avalon, $1,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 175996
2888 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,912,500, SOLD MLS#: 173500
11821 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $2,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 169559
594 22nd Street, Avalon, $2,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 175248
231 121st Street, Stone Harbor, $3,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 175173
10 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $4,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 177063