THE EAGLES HAVE LANDED! Not the Philadelphia Eagles…bald eagles! This past week several bald eagles were spotted in the marsh behind Seven Mile Island. Many have perched atop nests recently vacated by ospreys. If you’re out on the water or driving the Boulevards keep an eye open for eagle sightings!
Treat yourself to a sunrise on the beach the next time you’re in town—it’s a great way to start your day! Photo by Brian Reed.
A 132-FOOT FISHING PIER could be built on Sea Isle City’s bayfront according to plans unveiled at a recent city council meeting. The pier would be constructed at Dealy Field near 60th Street, and would include space for fishing, a kayak launch area, and an area for sitting and enjoying the view and sunset. The city has applied for a county grant to fund the $935,000 pier, and permits from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection must also be obtained.
WINTERIZE NOW! It’s that time again, as temperatures will soon drop after this week’s pleasant warm up. Outside showers, garden hoses, and other outdoor water should be shut off and drained, and foundation vents can be closed. If leaving your inside water on, set thermostats at 55 degrees to keep pipes warm. Call your plumber or contractor now, if you haven’t already, and get on their schedule. Need a plumber or contractor? Call or email me!
SCENIC DRIVES YOU MUST TAKE: Car & Driver magazine posted photos of beautiful drives in each of the 50 states. Stone Harbor appears on the list (at #31) for a sunrise view over the Great Channel Bridge. Check out that view (and the rest of them) right here: https://www.
LOOKING TO TRY A NEW RESTAURANT? Check out Restaurant Weekend in Cape May, Thursday through Sunday, November 1st through 4th. Participating restaurants will offer an appetizer, entrée, and dessert for $35 per person. For a list of restaurants visit www.cmrestaurantweek.com
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ends Sunday, November 4th. Turn those clocks back an hour! Good news—in just a couple of months the days will start getting longer again!
$295,000 & UP: No matter what your budget, there’s something for you on Seven Mile Island! The new listings hitting the market this week include several under $1 million, plus a getaway condo for $295,000. Look below and check them out—or call me to discuss your needs and let me find the perfect place for you!
- Ghoul Spring Village Event, Historic Cold Spring Village, 7-10PM, Friday & Saturday, November 2 & 3
- Lecture & Slide Show on Lost Cape May County chronicling hotels, churches, train stations, etc. that no longer stand led by architectural historian Joan Berkey, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, November 3
- Carry on The Songs of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Concert, Harbor Square Theater, doors open at 8:30PM, Saturday, November 3
- Daylight Savings Ends, set your clocks back 1 hour, Sunday, November 4
- Yoga at the Zoo, $20 suggested donation goes directly to the care and feeding of the animals, Cape May County Zoo, meet at the zoo entrance at 8:45AM, Saturday, November 10
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Monthly Meeting featuring guest speaker Scott Wahl, Boro Business Administrator, Avalon Senior Center, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, November 10
- Art Workshop: Decoupage Holiday Shells, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, November 10
- Big Band Dance featuring Tony DeLuca, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 10
- American Legion Post #331 Veterans’ Day Ceremony, Veterans Plaza in Avalon, 11AM, Sunday, November 11
- Stone Harbor’s American Legion Veterans’ Day Ceremony, 11617-2nd Avenue, Noon, Sunday, November 11
- Creative Writing, feedback on poetry, memories, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 17
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, silent auction bid on your favorite decorated wreathes & trees, 5PM on Wednesday, November 21 & Noon on Friday, November 23
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday, pet parade, Merchant’s Hospitality Friday Night, Small Business Saturday, Scavenger Hunt & family activities, Friday & Saturday, November 23 & 24
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, downtown Avalon, over 40 activities for the entire family, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 23
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, downtown Avalon, holiday carnival with family fun, photos with Santa, rides & entertainment 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 24
- Stone Harbor’s Annual Christmas Parade, music, entertainment, floats, fire trucks, the arrival of Santa, downtown shopping district, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 24
- Stone Harbor’s Caroling & Tree Lighting, caroling throughout town on a trolley & then lighting of the Christmas tree in front of Boro Hall, 4:45-7PM, Wednesday, December 5
7800 Dune Drive, Avalon, $295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184684
700 First Avenue, Avalon, $619,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184722
351 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $639,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184751
1114 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $649,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184732
663 21st Street, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184740
6732 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $925,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184715
7704 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,299,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184726
138 30th Street, Avalon, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184748
272 90th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184704
218 121st Street, Stone Harbor, $2,595,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184731
102 102nd Street, Stone Harbor, $2,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184727
254 6th Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184744
4369 Dune Drive, Avalon, $4,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 184669
Properties Under Contract:
301 80th Street, Avalon, $695,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184229
125 Meadowview Lane, Avalon Manor, $1,499,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184130
140 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,399,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 183440
43 Flamingo Drive, Avalon, $4,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184437
83 E. 14th Street, Avalon, $4,199,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184544
7929 Dune Drive, Avalon, $340,000, SOLD MLS#: 183584
4028 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $566,000, SOLD MLS#: 183516
468 Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $690,000, SOLD MLS#: 181614
245 34th Street, Avalon, $800,000, SOLD MLS#: 182567
214 27th Street, East Side, Avalon, $859,900, SOLD MLS#: 183969
125 78th Street, Avalon, $2,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 181560
65 W. 24th Street, Avalon, $3,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 180440