IN THREE MONTHS Memorial Day Weekend will be here and summer will be upon us! Don’t wait -begin making summer plans now. If you’re in the market to buy your own shore home, or if you′re just renting for a week, now’s the time to get started! Either way, call or email me!
OFFSHORE WIND FARMS can tame hurricanes…read an interesting USA Today article on how large numbers of offshore wind turbines might reduce the force of hurricane winds and storm surges. Small wind farms off the New Jersey coastline have been proposed, but none have been built yet. Find the article here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/
ALONG THE PARKWAY large steel beams have been driven into the ground to eventually support overpasses for the southbound lanes in Cape May Court House. When the southbound overpasses are built, traffic will be shifted to those lanes so northbound overpasses can be constructed.
Elsewhere on the Parkway, the rest stop at milepost 18 has been demolished. A new one will be constructed in its place, containing new restaurant and fueling facilities. It is expected to open by the summer.
One more beautiful scene from Long & Foster friend Stephen Zarycranski. Who among us isn′t ready for a walk on the beach?
CALLING ALL BOATERS! A boating safety certificate is required for all who operate a vessel in New Jersey waters. A safe boating class is being offered by the Coast Guard Auxiliary on March 15th. See the Upcoming Events list for details. Other classes are offered around the state at different times.
LOCAL CABLE CHANNEL 2 becomes Channel 97 today. Channel 97 will broadcast the same local information that has been on Channel 2.
STONE HARBOR SHIVER: if you missed Sea Isle City′s Polar Bear Plunge, have no fear…the Stone Harbor Shiver is just a couple of weeks away! Don’t worry, the ocean has “warmed up” to 40 degrees!
LIBRARY CORRECTION: Last week incorrect information about Stone Harbor′s Library was reported in local media. To set the record straight, Council has received a set of plans for the new library, but those plans still need to be reviewed by the design committee.
- iPad Workshop: Face time & Messages, Avalon Public Library, 609-967-7155 to register, 10AM to Noon, Saturday, March 1
- Avalon Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, The Princeton and The Whitebrier, Friday, March 7 to Sunday, March 9
- Avalon Home & Land Owners′ Association sponsors a discussion of Avalon′s 2014 Budget by Councilwoman Nancy Hudanich & Council Vice-President Chuck Covington, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, March 8
- Big Band Dance, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, March 8
- Comedy Show & Benefit Fundraiser Event, Sand Barrens Golf Course, register with Lisa at 609-231-6488, 7PM, Saturday, March 8
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-Up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to the pick-up on Monday morning, March 10
- Stone Harbor Shiver Pre-Plunge Party, Stone Harbor Yacht Club, 609-368-1201 for info, Friday, March 14
- NJ Boating Safety Course offered by the US Coast Guard Auxiliary, US Coast Guard Training Center, Cape May, register at 609-898-0442, 8:30AM to 4:30PM, Saturday, March 15
- 4th Annual Stone Harbor Shiver Event, parade down 96th Street at Noon, judging & awards at 12:20PM & plunge at 1PM at 96th Street & the beach, Saturday, March 15
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, apply at participating stores in the shopping district, 11AM to 3PM, Saturday, April 12
- Stone Harbor Shiver Post-Plunge Party, Freds Tavern, 609-368-5591 for info, Saturday, March 15
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting, volunteers needed, complimentary lunch will be provided, call Brian at 609-967-3066 to help, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30 AM, Saturday, April 5
- NJ Boating Safety Course offered by the US Coast Guard Auxiliary, US Coast Guard Training Center, Cape May, register at 609-898-0442, 8:30AM to 4:30PM, Saturday April 12
- Stone Harbor′s Job Fair, apply at participating stores in the shopping district, 11AM to 3PM, Saturday, April 12
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Fest, pancake breakfast, games, prizes, crafts, lots of live turtles, 9AM to 3PM, Saturday, April 19 (Note date change!)
- Free Rabies Clinic, Stone Harbor Firehouse, 2 to 3PM, Saturday, April 26
- 9th Annual Golf Tournament to benefit Brendan Borek′s High Tides Memorial Fund, Stone Harbor Golf Club, register with Lisa at 609-231-6488, 12:30PM, Friday, May 2
- Avalon Chamber of Commerce’ Wine & Spirit Festival, wine & vodka samplings, appetizers, silent auction, more, tickets at Fred’s Avalon Liquor Store, 6:30 to 9PM, Friday, May 9
- Stone Harbor Community Paper Shredding Day, 95th Street parking lot at the beach, 9AM to 1PM, Saturday, May 17
667 22ND Street, Avalon, $400,000, SOLD MLS#: 150612
8135 Second Avenue, South, Stone Harbor, $720,000, SOLD MLS#: 147360
644 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $835,000, SOLD MLS#: 154520
10014 Corinthian, Stone Harbor, $950,000, SOLD MLS#: 155731
20 101st Street, Stone Harbor, $1,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 149843
11715 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 139657