FREE BEACH TAGS FOR VETERANS: The Borough of Avalon will consider a draft ordinance at its next meeting providing free beach tags to veterans of the US Military. If approved the ordinance would be in effect for the 2014 season, and would require military veterans to show proper documentation in order to receive their free beach tag.
THE TOWNSEND INLET BRIDGE is closed for repair work. The bridge is receiving $4 million in structural and mechanical repairs, and is expected to reopen about April 30th. If you are traveling from Avalon to Sea Isle City, or vice versa, allow extra travel time to take the long way around!
RESORT HOUSE ORDINANCE: Avalon Borough Council will introduce a new resort house ordinance at its next meeting on February 12th. The borough previously held public meetings to solicit input on the topic, and will post a copy of the proposed ordinance at www.AvalonBoro.net prior to the February 12th meeting.
A.C. BOAT SHOW: Jump start the boating season with a midwinter visit to the Atlantic City Boat show, which runs through Sunday. Dozens of manufacturers, dealers, and vendors will exhibit power and sailboats at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Numerous seminars are also offered each day, covering a variety of topics for beginners through experienced boaters. Visit www.ACBoatshow.com for details.
SNOWY OWLS have been spotted numerous times on local beaches. An article by Fox News indicates that this years migration of snowy owls is exceptionally large, with the birds having been spotted as far south as Florida. Read the article here:
107 DAYS till Memorial Day Weekend!
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association hosts a discussion led by Cape May County Tax Administrator George Brown, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, February 8
- Big Band Dance, Avalon Community Hall, Jack Melton Band, 7PM, Saturday, February 8
- Sea Isle City Polar Bear Plunge Weekend, Friday, February 14 to Sunday, February 16
- Avalon Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, The Princeton and The Whitebrier, Friday, March 7 to Sunday, March 9
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-Up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to the pick-up on Monday morning, March 10
- Stone Harbor Shiver Pre-Plunge Party, Stone Harbor Yacht Club, 609-368-1201 for info, Friday, March 14
- NJ Boating Safety Course offered by the US Coast Guard Auxiliary, US Coast Guard Training Center, Cape May, register at 609-898-0442, 8:30AM to 4:30PM, Saturday, March 15
- 4th Annual Stone Harbor Shiver Event, parade down 96th Street at Noon, judging & awards at 12:20PM & plunge at 1PM at 96th Street & the beach, Saturday, March 15
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, apply at participating stores in the shopping district, 11AM to 3PM, Saturday, April 12
- Stone Harbor Shiver Post-Plunge Party, Freds Tavern, 609-368-5591 for info, Saturday, March 15
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Fest, pancake breakfast, games, prizes, crafts, lots of live turtles, 9AM to 3PM, Saturday, April 19 (Note date change!)
151 95th Street, Stone Harbor, $385,000, SOLD MLS#: 153571
8306 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $585,000, SOLD MLS#: 154621
262 82nd Street, Stone Harbor, $625,000, SOLD MLS#: 151952
304 76th Street, Avalon, $950,000, SOLD MLS#: 153809
1100 Ocean Dr, Avalon, $1,175,000, SOLD MLS#: 152591
4718 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $2,295,000, SOLD MLS#: 147619