CHECK YOUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST! Now that we’re well into August, it’s time to review your summer bucket list again! Whether you want to teach your grandchild to fish, climb the Cape May Lighthouse, see a movie on the beach, or try a new restaurant with friends, set aside the time and make it happen!
MORTGAGE RATES have increased slightly in recent months but remain extremely low by historical standards. Mike Mento of Prosperity Mortgage recently shared the chart below which illustrates that point very clearly based on data collected by Freddi Mac. Further rate increases, however, could make it more expensive to purchase or refinance, so whether you’re preparing to buy a home, or want to refinance your existing home, contact Mike for mortgage info today at (609) 839-1203 or Michael.Mento@PHMLoans.com.
Today’s mortgage rates are still low based on historical rate data collected by Freddie Mac.
FLOOD ADVISORY SYSTEM: Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ, along with a group of other partners, has developed a free, online flood advisory system. If the indicator nearest your location is green, all is normal. Yellow indicates water levels near flood stage, and orange or red indicate more severe flooding. By selecting a monitoring station, recent water level history can be viewed, along with predicted water levels over the next few days. Check it out here: http://hudson.dl.
Hammer Harrison of the Harlem Globetrotters shows off his moves on the court. Catch the Globetrotters in Wildwood August 15th -18th—see below for info. (Mike Centioli photo)
THE HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS return to the Wildwoods Convention Center for four games plus skills clinics Wednesday, August 15th to Saturday, August 18th. Fans young and old will marvel at the dazzling moves the Globetrotters make on the court—it’s fun for the whole family! Use the promo code “SAVE30” to save 30% on your ticket order (restrictions apply). Tickets and more info can be found here: https://www.
DESIGNER HOUSE TOUR: Cape Regional’s 7 Mile Island Home & Health Show and Designer House Tour will be held on Saturday, August 11. The Home & Health Show opens at 9 am at Avalon Elementary School and admission is free. The Designer House Tour opens at 11 am. Tickets are on sale now for $35 per person at Avalon Chamber of Commerce or by calling 609-463-4040. Online purchase of tickets are also available by clicking HERE. Tickets will also be on sale at the Home & Health Show starting at 9 am on August 11th – stop by early to enjoy the exhibits and leave for the tour from the school. For more information, call Cape Regional Foundation at 609-463-4040.
FLOOD INSURANCE SEMINAR: David Sonner of Land & Sea Services Flood Mitigation and Sam Wierman of the Ide Insurance Agency will present a free seminar covering all aspects of flood insurance on Saturday, August 11th, from 12pm to 2pm at the Stone Harbor Library. Topics of discussion will include NFIP regulations and changes, the Biggert-Waters reform act, flood elevation and venting, plus more. All are welcome; bring your flood elevation certificate to see if you could reduce your flood insurance premium. If attending please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Avalon Free Public Library’s ‘Libraries Rock!’ Kid’s Reading Program, prizes every week, NOW through Friday, August 17
- APAC Children’s Mini Event: Atka The Amazing Eskie, Avalon Elementary School, 11AM-Noon, Thursday, August 9
- Avalon’s Thursdays on Dune Event, Veteran’s Plaza, family friendly activities at 5:30PM, concert featuring Radio Neon at 7PM, Thursday, August 9
- Movie Night at Stone Harbor Library, featuring The Lego Batman Movie, 5:30-7:30PM, Thursday, August 9
- Summer Club Concert featuring Big Band Orchestra & Dancing, Avalon Community Hall, 8PM, Friday, August 10
- Classic Car Show, Historic Cold Spring Village, Saturday & Sunday, August 11 & 12
- Cape Regional’s 7 Mile Island Home & Health Show, Avalon Elementary School, 9AM-1PM, Saturday, August 11
- Avalon Home & Land Owner’s Association Meeting, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM, Saturday, August 11
- Cape Regional’s 7 Mile Island Designer House Tour, call 609-463-4040 for details & ticket info, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, August 11
- Flood Insurance Seminar, Stone Harbor Library, Saturday, August 11, 12pm to 2pm. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Big Band Dance featuring the John Clark Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, August 11
- Yacht Club of Stone Harbor’s Festival of Lights Boat Parade, begins at dusk, Saturday, August 11
- Stone Harbor Surf & Turf 5 Miler, Stone Harbor Recreation Field at 81st & Second Avenue, 6:45AM registration, 8AM race, Sunday, August 12
- Stone Harbor’s Farmer’s Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, August 12
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail at 114th Street & Second Avenue Entrance, 10AM, Sunday, August 12
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Atlantic City Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4 PM, Sunday August 12
- Fishing With the Mayor, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Monday, August 13
- Monday Funday, activities for kids, Avalon History Center, 10AM, Monday, August 13
- Stone Harbor Family Night, fun for all, Stone Harbor Fire House, 7PM, Monday, August 13
- Children’s Mini Event featuring Juggling with Will Shaw, Avalon Elementary School, 11AM, Tuesday, August 14
- Tuesdays at the Tower featuring Free Fallin’ – Songs of Tom Petty, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 7-8:30PM, Tuesday, August 14
- Avalon’s Beach Movie featuring Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, 30th Street & the Beach, dusk, Tuesday, August 14
- LEGO Club, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM, Wednesday, August 15
- Harlem Globetrotters, Wildwoods Convention Center, Wednesday, August 15 to Saturday, August 18. www.harlemglobetrotters.
Properties Under Contract:
235 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $399,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181824
7929 Dune Dr., #306, Avalon, $449,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 183287
184 26th Street, Avalon, $599,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 183244
543 22nd Street, Avalon, $624,900, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181356
1116 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $874,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 179706
65 W. 11th Street, Avalon, $1,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182091
2766 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,850,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182388
12010 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 181696
234 14th Street, Avalon, $2,395,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182876
139 94th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,695,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 177239
7929 Dune Drive, Avalon, $284,000, SOLD MLS#: 179864
7751 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $400,000, SOLD MLS#: 169072
8815 Second, Unit B, Stone Harbor, $819,000, SOLD MLS#: 179974
3935 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $839,500, SOLD MLS#: 181049
10517 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,350,000, SOLD MLS#: 181754
162 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 175612
130 108th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,910,000, SOLD MLS#: 183121
69 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $2,650,000, SOLD MLS#: 181320
10546 Corinthian Place, Stone Harbor, $2,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 180231
315 60th Street, Avalon, $3,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 180195