SOAR HIGH ABOVE AVALON, Sea Isle City, and Townsend’s Inlet! This new drone video from Remington & Vernick Engineers shows construction crews rebuilding part of the Townsend’s Inlet Bridge. Crews can be seen inspecting components as an outgoing tide rushes past the bridge structure. You’ll also enjoy sweeping views of the surrounding area, including the inlet and Avalon’s north end, too!
AVALON FIREFIGHTERS WENT SWIMMING this week, but not for fun! Members of the Avalon Volunteer Fire Department Water Rescue Team received special training from instructor George Ward of the Pennington School, who volunteered his expertise to help members of the fire department improve their efficiency when swimming. The session took place at the Cape May County Special Services School District in Cape May Court House. The fire department operates a 25’ Sea Ark boat, two Jet Skis, and a pair of inflatable boats for responding to various water-based emergencies.
FENCING AT STONE HARBOR POINT: Volunteers are needed for a fencing project at Stone Harbor Point; the Endangered and Nongame Species Program will install posts, string, flags, and signage to protect the beach nesting bird habitat at Stone Harbor Point. The project will last from two to four hours; volunteers should be able to walk long distances in the sand, dress for the weather, and bring their own water and snacks. Membership in the Wildlife Conservation Corps (run by the Division of Fish and Wildlife) is required. An application can be found here https://www.state.nj.us/
TURTLE FENCING has been installed along Sea Isle Boulevard in order to prevent nesting turtles from crossing the road and being run over. Black coated chain link fencing is being installed between guardrails and the ground, providing a safety barrier for nesting turtles seeking high ground on which to lay eggs. Sea Isle Boulevard recently underwent a multi-year project to elevate the roadway; the new turtle fencing is the latest phase of the project.
BOATING, ANYONE? If you’re in the market for a new boat, the Atlantic City Boat Show runs through Sunday, March 3rd, at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Featuring hundreds of new boats, plus over 400 booths showcasing the latest in marine engines, accessories, and technology, the mid-winter show allows snow-bound boaters the chance to jump start their boating season! The National Marine Manufacturers Association says New Jersey ranks 19th in the US, spending $394 million on boats in 2017. The five day show runs from 11am to 8pm Wednesday through Friday, 10am to 8pm on Saturday, and 10am to 6pm on Sunday. Tickets are $16 for adults; children 12 & under are free.
STORM OF ’62 SLIDESHOW: The Avalon History Center will host a slideshow titled “Storm of ‘62” on Saturday at 1pm, at the Avalon History Center. Learn about the famous storm and its impact on the Island!
PLAN YOUR VACATION NOW! Don’t wait too long! Browse our rental brochure, identify your vacation dates and your price range, and then call or email me! https://www.flipsnack.
- Live Music at the Cape May Winery at 711 Townbank Road in North Cape May, 5-8PM, Friday, March 1
- Cape May County Zoo Junior Zookeeper Program for kids 10-15, learn about animal training, species survival plans, plus a behind the scenes tour of the zoo, 9AM-2PM, Saturday, March 2
- The Storm of ’62 Slide Show depicting the storm & its impact, Avalon History Center at 215-39th Street, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 2
- Jazz Concert featuring the Ron Bass Trio, First Presbyterian Church of Cape May at 500 Hughes Street, 3-4:15PM, Sunday, March 3
- Avalon’s Shop-a-Holics Weekend, designers, deals & drinks, Princeton Bar & Grill & the Whitebrier, 4-9PM on Thursday & Friday, March 7 & 8 and 10AM-6PM on Saturday, March 9
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting featuring Councilpersons Nancy Hudanich & Chuck Covington, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, March 9
- Fiddle Club, students from Music Studios in Linwood & professional musicians perform Irish songs to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 9
- Stone Harbor Shiver Polar Plunge Pre-Shiver party, The Reeds, 6-9PM, Friday, March 15
- 14th Annual Comedy Night Social, Cape May Convention Hall, for ticket info call 609-884-9565, 7-10PM, Friday, March 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, stories, books, etc, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 16
- Kegs & Eggs Pre-Shiver Celebration, Fred’s Tavern, 10AM, Saturday, March 16
- Parade to the 96th Street beach from behind Fred’s Tavern, starts at Noon, Saturday, March 16
- Stone Harbor Shiver Polar Plunge, 96th Street Beach, following the parade from Fred’s Tavern which begins at Noon, Saturday, March 16
- Apple Computer, iPads & iPhones Drop-In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3:30PM, Saturday, March 16
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, enjoy tea & shared memories of Avalon, 11AM-Noon, Thursday, March 21
- Genealogy Discussion featuring Casey Zahn, tips on researching your family history, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 23
- Underground Railroad in Cape May County, Avalon History Center at 215-39th Street, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 6
- Clean Ocean Action Stone Harbor Volunteer Beach Sweep, meet at the Stone Harbor Beach Patrol Headquarters at 95th Street & the beach, bring gloves & dress appropriately for the weather, 9AM-12:30PM, Saturday, April 13
247 29th Street, Avalon, $1,100,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186317
10626 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186262
2749 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,850,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186306
26 E. 11th Street, Avalon, $3,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186242
Properties Under Contract:
173 33rd Street, Avalon, $499,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186169
696 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $529,900, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186003
229 81st Street, Stone Harbor, $895,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186226
161 22nd Street, Avalon, $1,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185697
2118 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,649,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 183996
275 65th Street, Avalon, $1,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186211
141 78th Street, Avalon, $2,250,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186153
149 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184509
169 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185510
690 Avalon Blvd., Avalon Manor, $135,000, SOLD MLS#: 170928
287 14th Street, Avalon, $655,000, SOLD MLS#: 185626
378 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $665,000, SOLD MLS#: 183290
129 18th Street, Avalon, $1,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 185127