A “Snow Moon” was seen over the Avalon Fishing Pier last month, on a cold but calm night. A “Pink Moon” is expected next month.
A “PINK MOON” will appear in the sky during the overnight hours Thursday, April 18th and Friday, April 19th. The pink moon is named not for its color but for the wild ground phlox flower which appears in the spring. Compared to most metropolitan areas, the beaches in Avalon & Stone Harbor—and other Cape May County shore towns—provide better sky gazing opportunities due to their clear views to the horizon, and less light pollution.
MORTGAGE RATES have dipped again. If you are considering purchasing a shore property, or refinancing your current one, it’s an excellent time to lock in a low mortgage rate for the duration of your ownership. Contact me for the names of reliable mortgage lenders!
SLACK TIDE BREWERY WON NJ MONTHLY’S Beer Madness competition, defeating fifteen other New Jersey craft brewers in a bracket-style competition. The four-week competition was run by NJMonthly.com, and featured an online bracket and voting. Slack Tide, based in Clermont, just celebrated its third anniversary. Check out the article and bracket here: https://njmonthly.com/
SEA ISLE CITY’S 1927 HALE FIRE TRUCK was recently brought back to life, after having been stored in the Townsend Inlet fire station for years. The truck needed repairs in order to get it running again; after parts were located in Pennsylvania, the truck came to life, and has even taken a couple of rides around Sea Isle. John Mazurie, Jr., a 30-year Sea Isle firefighter, hopes the truck will make an appearance in Sea Isle’s Memorial Day ceremony. Mazurie and his father, John Sr., who was chief of the department for 40 years, want to put the truck on permanent display so residents and visitors can appreciate its history. For more on the truck check out this Sea Isle News article: https://seaislenews.
THE ROYAL AIR FORCE RED ARROWS will fly in Atlantic City’s annual Thunder Over the Boardwalk air show this summer, visiting for the first time in ten years. Nine British Hawk T1 jets will fly in a 20-minute demonstration during the show, scheduled for August 21st. The US Air Force Thunderbirds will return again this year to anchor the show. The air show is free and can be seen from nearly all beach and boardwalk locations in Atlantic City.
EIGHT WEEKS TO MEMORIAL DAY! Who’s ready for summer? Whether you’re looking for a vacation rental, or you’re ready to purchase, don’t wait! Call me today to get started!
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Dinner & Winter Lecture Series, bring a dish to serve at least 8 people to share, Dr. Lenore Tedesco will present a program titled, ‘Celebrating 50 years of Coastal & Wetland Research…Conservation & Education at the Wetlands Institute’, 6PM, Friday, March 29
- Sea Isle City’s Girls’ Weekend, specials & discounts throughout town at the shops & restaurants, Friday through Sunday, April 5-7
- Underground Railroad in Cape May County, Avalon History Center at 215-39th Street, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 6
- Wildwood Fishing & Boating Expo, boats on display, tackle, fishing gear, Wildwood Convention Center, 9AM-6PM on Saturday, April 6 & 9AM-2PM on Sunday, April 7
- Clean Ocean Action Stone Harbor Volunteer Beach Sweep, meet at the Stone Harbor Beach Patrol Headquarters at 95th Street & the beach, bring gloves & dress appropriately for the weather, 9AM-12:30PM, Saturday, April 13
- Avalon Home and Land Owners Association 12th Annual Community Connections, 9:30AM for refreshments, 10-11AM for Hot Topic Talks (Lenore Tedesco discussing The Wetlands Institute 50th Anniversary Celebration & Scott Wahl discussing Avalon’s New Construction Ordinances), Information table displays from 11AM-Noon, Saturday, April 13
- Avalon Home and Land Owners’ Monthly Meeting, Discussion of Avalon’s proposed budget by Council Members Nancy Hudanich & Charles Covington along with Boro Financial Director James Craft, Avalon Senior Center, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, April 13
- Stone Harbor Chamber of Commerce Job Fair, Coffee Talk at 97th & Third Avenue, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, April 13
- Easter Egg Hunt at the Stone Harbor Volunteer Fire House, Noon-2PM, Saturday, April 13
- Afternoon Tea & BBC movie showing, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 1PM, Saturday, April 13
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, share tea and memories of Avalon, 11AM, Thursday, April 18
- Cape May Lighthouse Full Moon Climb, call 609-884-5404 for info, Friday, April 19
- Avalon’s Easter Egg Hunt, 12th Street Fields, 10AM, Saturday, April 20
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, stories, memoirs & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM, Saturday, April 20
- Avalon’s Annual Dune Grass Planting, meet at Community Hall at 8:30AM, Saturday, April 27 (Rain Date is Sunday, April 28)
- Apple Computer, IPad & iPhone Drop in Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, April 27
- Big Band Dance featuring Tony DeLuca & the Paisans, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday April 27
227 108th Street, Stone Harbor, $425,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186784
1779 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $569,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186820
239 20th Street, Avalon, $775,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186821
6128 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,085,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 186832
364 93rd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,589,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186785
7748 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,899,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186771
395 93rd Street, Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186752
3049 First Avenue, Avalon, $2,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 186845
Properties Under Contract:
7901 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $609,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184876
2825 S. Dune Drive, Avalon, $725,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186713
6732 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $925,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184715
10626 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186262
33 Marine Way, Avalon, $1,395,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186841
36 W. 12th Street, Avalon, $1,875,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186654
11817 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $2,595,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185455
26 E. 11th Street, Avalon, $3,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186242
100 115th Street, Stone Harbor, $6,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182987
388 39th Street, Avalon, $980,000, SOLD MLS#: 185370
386 W. 40th Street, Avalon, $1,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 182795
2118 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 183996
291 41st Street, Avalon, $1,675,000, SOLD MLS#: 184299
12010 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,930,000, SOLD MLS#: 181696
27 Flamingo Drive, Avalon, $3,375,000, SOLD MLS#: 185698