“PILING ON!” Did you ever wonder how pilings are installed in the ground prior to the construction of a new home? Check out the two-minute video above, which shows the process. A large auger drills a hole in the soil in a precise location marked by a surveyor. Once the hole is ready, a piling is lifted into place and driven into the soil to a specified depth. Later the tops of the pilings are cut to a specified height so the new home’s footing and foundation can be installed.
THE TEN BEST BEACH TOWNS on the Jersey Shore include Avalon and Stone Harbor! CoastalLiving.com listed its top choices among beach towns, and cited a variety of restaurants, events, and other activities as influencing their selections. Also on the list are Cape May, Ocean City, and Margate. Check out the list at https://www.coastalliving.
“CAPE MAY UMBRELLA”: Local residents have often noted that Cape May County weather often varies from the weather in other South Jersey Counties. An Atlantic City Press article addresses that very concept, and cites being surrounded on three sides as a factor. Ocean and bay water remain warmer than land in the winter, and snow often changes to rain as it strikes Cape May County. In the summer, cool ocean water minimizes the impact of thunderstorms as compared to other South Jersey Counties. Check out the article here: https://www.
BRING YOUR OWN BAG when shopping in Stone Harbor beginning June 1st, when a ban on single use bags being provided at checkout goes into effect. According to the borough, reusable bags help with efforts to protect the environment so that Stone Harbor always remains “The Seashore at its Best!”
SEA ISLE CITY RESTAURANT WEEK is coming up June 3rd to 9th (excluding Saturday June 8th). More than a dozen restaurants will offer four course meals for $34. It’s a great way to try a new restaurant! For a list of participating restaurants, click here: www.
LAST CALL FOR PRESEASON BEACH TAGS! Season beach tags can be purchased at a preseason price of $23 per tag. Visit the Beach Tag Booth at 30th & Avalon Avenue on weekends to make your purchase prior to May 31st. (It’s too late for mail orders in Avalon).
Pres-season tags are $23 in Stone Harbor as well, and mail orders are still being accepted until May 31st. Click here for the order form: https://stoneharbornj.
IT’S JUST OVER A WEEK until Memorial Day Weekend and the unofficial start of the summer season! If you’re ready to book a last minute vacation—or if it’s time to buy or sell your own place—please give me a call today!
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, share tea and Avalon memories, 11AM, Thursday, May 16
- Stone Harbor Police Department Building Dedication, 11:30AM-2:30PM, Friday, May 17
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 18
- Big Band Dance featuring the Buddy Gale Orchestra, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, May 18
- Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday, May 18 & Sunday, May 19
- War at the Shore Touch Football Tournament, 9AM-5PM, Saturday, May 25
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, Beach Patrol, Fire, Rescue & Police Departments will compete in a series of challenges to celebrate the official unlocking of the beach for the season, 95th Street & the Beach, Noon, Saturday, May 25
- Lecture by David Langfitt author of ‘Winnabow‘ and soon to be released ‘Kotonu,’ Avalon Free Public Library, 2-3PM, Saturday, May 25
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, Water Tower parking lot, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, May 26
- Stone Harbor Turtle Trot 5K & 2 Mile Fun Walk, 96th Street & the beach, 6:45AM registration, 8AM race, 8:05AM fun walk, Sunday, May 26
- Matthew Mullin Memorial 5K & 2 Mile Fun Walk, 30th Street beach, 8:30AM, Sunday, May 26
- Avalon Memorial Day Parade, beginning at 9AM at 32nd Street & Dune Drive proceeding north to Veterans’ Plaza at 21st Street & Dune Drive, Monday, May 27
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Veterans’ Plaza at 21st Street & Dune Drive, 9:45 AM, Monday, May 27
- Memorial Service for Fallen Heroes, Stone Harbor Fire Department Monument, 11AM, Monday, May 27
- Stone Harbor Memorial Day Parade along 96th Street, beginning at noon at the 96th Street Bridge, ending at the Stone Harbor Women’s Civic Club, Monday, May 27
- Ceremony honoring Memorial Day, Stone Harbor Women’s Civic Club, 1PM, Monday, May 27
- American Legion Post #331 Open House, 11627-2nd Avenue in Stone Harbor, 1PM, Monday, May 27
- Stone Harbor Garden Club House Tour, Saturday, June 1
- 7 Mile Island Restaurant Week, Sunday, June 2 through Sunday, June 9
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Monthly Meeting, Avalon Senior Center, Saturday, June 8
- Stone Harbor Property Owners’ Association Spring Meeting, Harbor Square Theater, Saturday, June 8
7800 Dune Drive, #108, Avalon, $275,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187656
7800 Dune Drive, #327, Avalon, $295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187677
10818 Third Avenue, #C-2, Stone Harbor, $625,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187700
2 Second Drive, Stone Harbor Manor, $739,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187699
10009 Sunset Drive, #4, Stone Harbor, $799,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 187619
8610 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187708
239 53rd Street, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187645
1739 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187594
26 E. 12th Street, Avalon, $2,349,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187718
175 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187653
75 W. 26th Street, Avalon, $2,749,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187658
8514 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187660
205 54th Street, Avalon, $3,699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187727
7548 Sunset Drive, Avalon, $3,799,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187595
Properties Under Contract:
9511 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $310,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 182489
601 Dune Drive, Avalon, $689,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187381
260 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $824,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 177870
498 Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $849,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185872
258 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $879,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187319
280 27th Street, Avalon, $1,450,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186955
151 95th Street, Stone Harbor, $619,000, SOLD MLS#: 187218
355 40th Street, Avalon, $707,500, SOLD MLS#: 184402
2825 S. Dune Drive, Avalon, $720,000, SOLD MLS#: 186713
247 29th Street, Avalon, $1,126,000, SOLD MLS#: 186317
36 W. 12th Street, Avalon, $1,862,500, SOLD MLS#: 186654
275 65th Street, Avalon, $1,905,000, SOLD MLS#: 186211
129 19th Street, Avalon, $2,650,000, SOLD MLS#: 183952