Summer’s here…and the beach is waiting for you!
THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE may open on or before July 30th according to an update from Cape May County Engineer Robert Church. Church cautioned, however, that a lot of additional construction elements need to be completed in order for that to happen. The bridge has been undergoing repairs since closing last September, and was originally slated to be open to traffic by Memorial Day. Residents, visitors, and business owners on both sides of the bridge are anxious to see it reopen.
THE REEDS AT SHELTER HAVEN was cited as the best hotel in New Jersey by Conde Nast Traveler. Among the amenities listed by Conde Nast are upscale dining, a rooftop plunge pool, and the new Salt Spa across the street.
PLASTIC BAG BANS went into effect in Avalon and Stone Harbor this past weekend, as part of an effort to reduce waste and plastic pollution in the ocean. Single use plastic bags, plastic straws, and Styrofoam containers are prohibited in both towns. Stone Harbor also prohibits plastic cutlery and containers.
SAILBOAT RESCUE: A two minute squall capsized a sailboat 65 miles off the coast of Atlantic City. After three hours in the water, the boat’s owners were rescued by the Coast Guard and flown to Atlantic City for evaluation. According to an Atlantic City Press article the boat’s 54-year old owner built the vessel and had spent years sailing it. The couple was enroute from the Bahamas to New York City when the capsize occurred. See the Atlantic City Press article here: https://www.
SEVEN MILE RESTAURANT WEEK runs through this weekend. Check out participating restaurants and their menus here: https://www.
TRAINS AND FIRETRUCKS will be on display in nearby Tuckahoe on Saturday, June 15th from 10am to 4pm for the Tuckahoe Transportation Heritage Festival. Cape May Seashore Lines will offer rides on vintage railroad equipment, some of which used to carry passengers to and from Cape May County on a daily basis. Admission to the event will be $10 for adults and $5 for children; first class train fare will be available at an additional charge.
ONLY 27% OF AVALON PROPERTIES and 29% of Stone Harbor properties are owned by New Jersey residents according to a recent NJ.com article. In-state ownership varies widely from shore town to shore town, with Cape May County towns having some of the lowest figures in the state. Check out the article here: https://www.nj.com/data/
WHY NOT BECOME A SHORE PROPERTY OWNER YOURSELF? Whether you need a small condo or a mansion by the sea, let me help you find the perfect place! Call me today to get started!
- 7 Mile Island Restaurant Week, NOW through Sunday June 9
- Open House at the Stone Harbor Firehouse, 7PM, Thursday, June 6
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Monthly Meeting, Avalon Senior Center, Saturday, June 8
- Stone Harbor Property Owners’ Association Spring Meeting, Harbor Square Theater, Saturday, June 8
- Avalon Garden Club Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, Noon-4PM, Saturday, June 8
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, Water Tower parking lot, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 9
- American Legion Post #331 Flag Day Ceremony, Friday, June 14
- ‘Early Avalon’ Exhibit Opening, Avalon History Center, 1PM, Saturday, June 15
- Avalon Historical Society Olde House Tour, 1-4PM, Saturday, June 15
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, June 15
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, Water Tower parking lot, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 16
- 5th Annual Paper Peddler Trivia Night, Avalon History Center, 6PM, Wednesday, June 19
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, share tea and memories of Avalon, 11AM, Thursday, June 20
- Avalon Performing Arts Council Art Show Preview Night: Celebrating Three Decades of Art, Avalon Elementary School, 6-9PM, Friday, June 21
- Avalon Performing Arts Council Art Show: Celebrating Three Decades of Art, Avalon Elementary School, 10AM-4PM, Saturday June 22
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, Water Tower parking lot, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 23
- Stone Harbor Family Night at the Firehouse, 7PM, Monday, June 24
- Avalon’s Beach Movie featuring ‘Christopher Robin,’ 30th Street & the Beach, dusk, Tuesday, June 25
- Avalon Garden Club Fashion Show, The Shore Club, Noon-4PM, Wednesday, June 26
- Motown Documentary, Avalon Free Public Library, 6PM, Wednesday, June 26
- Stone Harbor Beach Game Night, 6:30-8:30PM, Wednesday, June 26
- Thursdays on Dune, Veteran’s Plaza in Avalon, 5:30-7PM for activities, 7-8:30PM for music, Thursday, June 27
486 20th Street, Avalon, $799,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187982
100 96th St., Stone Harbor, $1,350,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188002
198 73rd Street, Avalon, $2,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187951
129 18th Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 187969
Properties Under Contract:
695 21st Street, Avalon, $539,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185813
290 79th Street, Avalon, $699,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187838
261 27th Street, Avalon, $995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187868
768 21st Street, Avalon, $1,499,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187667
128 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,125,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 184595
7900 Dune Drive, Avalon, $260,000, SOLD MLS#: 185644
233 235 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $410,000, SOLD MLS#: 185081
351 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $505,000, SOLD MLS#: 186533
258 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $865,000, SOLD MLS#: 187319
1127 Stone Harbor Blvd., B24, Stone Harbor Manor, $980,000, SOLD MLS#: 182633
225 52nd Street, Avalon, $1,275,000, SOLD MLS#: 186855
1670 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,387,500, SOLD MLS#: 184044
75 W. 24th Street, Avalon, $1,725,000, SOLD MLS#: 185539
258 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 185647
161 31st Street, Avalon, $2,650,000, SOLD MLS#: 182549
10415 Golden Gate Drive, Stone Harbor, $3,575,000, SOLD MLS#: 186118
74 E. 25th Street, Avalon, $3,825,000, SOLD MLS#: 180845