July 4th fireworks displays take place in both Avalon & Stone Harbor, and are visible from the beach and many other locations on the Island!
A FOUR-DAY FOURTH! What could be better than a four-day weekend in Avalon & Stone Harbor, complete with fireworks displays in each town? A multitude of activities take place on the Island this week, offering a chance to relax, have fun, and celebrate our nation’s birthday!
DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS are taking over Gull Island, in the back bay behind Stone Harbor, according to an Atlantic City Press article. Their population has more than tripled, climbing from 30 in 2013 to 111 now. The chief concern of state biologists is that other wading birds are being driven out of the area as the cormorant population increases. Read the article here: https://www.
MONARCH BUTTERFLIES are expected to visit Armacost Park in Avalon’s south-end, after the establishment of a new pollinator habitat in the park. Formerly a mowed lawn, the new habitat features herbaceous perennials and woody species to attract migratory pollinators and birds. Monarch butterflies, which migrate 2,000 miles to Mexico, often stop in Cape May County before crossing the Delaware Bay, and the new pollinator habitat will provide critical nesting and food resources along the way.
COUNCILMAN CHUCK COVINGTON bid farewell to Avalon’s Borough Council after serving as a member for 28 years. Covington served on the Recreation, Insurance, and Technology committees during his time on council, and was the liaison with the Avalon Free Public Library. Mayor Martin Pagliughi read a proclamation acknowledging his service to the borough.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! See below for a list of events and activities, including fireworks celebrations in Avalon & Stone Harbor!
- Mummers Parade, starts at 6PM from Avalon Community Hall & parade proceeds on Dune Drive to Veteran’s Plaza, Mummers performance following the parade, Wednesday, July 3
- Stone Harbor 4th of July Activities & Phillies Home Run Derby, 81st Street Recreation Fields, 9AM-2PM, Thursday, July 4
- Avalon Boat Parade at high tide, Thursday, July 4
- Beach Concert featuring Andrew Jude, 30th Street beach, 1-3PM, Thursday, July 4
- Avalon Independence Day Celebration, 30th Street parking lot, 6-8PM, Thursday, July 4
- Bay Atlantic Symphony Concert, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Thursday, July 4
- Stone Harbor Fireworks & 4th of July Celebration, 95th Street Beach, 7:30PM with fireworks at dusk, Thursday, July 4
- Avalon Fireworks, off the 30th Street beach, 8:45PM, Thursday, July 4
- Contact Cape-Atlantic 5 Mile Run, Avalon Community Hall, 8AM, Saturday, July 6
- Brendan’s Fund Low Tide Beach Ride, check in at 5:30PM at 9th & the beach, littles race starts at 6PM followed by the bigs, ride goes from 9th Street beach to the 32nd Street Pier & and back, Saturday, July 6
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, Water Tower parking lot, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, July 7
- Stone Harbor Fitness Challenge 5K, Sunday, July 7
- Kids’ Event: Book Bingo, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM, Monday, July 8
- Al Cunard Baby Parade, 5:30 registration in the Wharf Parking lot, parade down 96th Street to the Stone Harbor Firehouse at 6PM, awards & family fun night immediately following, Monday, July 8
- NJ Waterways Lecture, Avalon Free Public Library, 6PM, Monday, July 8
- Tuesdays at the Tower Concert, Water Tower Plaza, live music, beer & wine garden, more, 7PM, Tuesday, July 9
- Author Lecture by Amor Towles, Avalon Free Public Library, 7PM, Wednesday, July 10
- Avalon Historical Society Miniature Golf Competition, GoFishMini Golf, 6PM, Thursday, July 11
- Motown Band, ‘Shadows of the ‘60’s’, Avalon Free Public Library, 6PM, Friday, July 12
- Avalon Flip Flop Walk, Boardwalk at 32nd Street & the beach, 8AM, Saturday, July 13
- Big Band Dance featuring the Rick Martin Orchestra, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, July 13
584 Avalon Blvd., Avalon Manor, $150,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188416
10120 Third Avenue, #8, Stone Harbor, $189,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188412
8300 Second Avenue, #1, Stone Harbor, $469,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188414
251 46th Street, Avalon, $1,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188367
230 117th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,689,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188420
64 W. 27th Street, Avalon, $1,699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188403
261 89th Street, East, Stone Harbor, $1,750,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188381
188 35th Street, Avalon, $2,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188419
2402 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $2,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 188402
Properties Under Contract:
30 Weber Court, Stone Harbor, $565,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 188246
8310 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $699,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 188296
F 14 Stone Court, Stone Harbor, $749,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 188203
149 10th Street, Avalon, $1,300,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185602
263 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,799,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187495
2768 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,850,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185437
10609 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,200,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185540
285 14th Street, Avalon, $620,000, SOLD MLS#: 186019
128 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,925,000, SOLD MLS#: 184595
4810 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $6,050,000, SOLD MLS#: 186961