From a boat or from a dock…fishing is a great way to enjoy the beauty of Seven Mile Island!
LOTS HAPPENING ON THE BEACHES:
– Stone Harbor reported that over 50 volunteers removed 1,823 items from Stone Harbor’s beaches during the fall beach sweep last weekend. Thanks to all those who volunteered to help clean beaches in Avalon & Stone Harbor!
– Aerial dune fertilization was scheduled to take place on Avalon’s dunes earlier this week. A small airplane is used to fertilize dune grass, a process which was expected to take about two and a half hours.
– Crews have geared up for a hydraulic beach replenishment project to rebuild Avalon’s north-end beaches, using sand pumped from Townsend’s Inlet.
A NEW COAST GUARD CUTTER has arrived in Cape May which the vessel will call its home port. After departing a shipyard in Louisiana the “Angela McShan” made several stops along the East Coast before arriving in Cape May last month. Having been formally commissioned this past weekend, the new 134’ ship and her crew will conduct fisheries enforcement, search and rescue, and port security missions along the coast. The ship honors Angela McShan, an Alabama native who enlisted in 1979 and eventually rose to the rank of Master Chief in 2000, becoming the first African-American woman promoted to Master Chief in the Coast Guard. The Coast Guard established the Master Chief Petty Officer Angela M. McShan Inspirational Leadership Award in her name.
WINTERIZATION REMINDER: If you haven’t already done so, contact your plumber to schedule the winterization of your house. Outdoor showers and other outside water lines should be shut off and drained, while foundation vents should be closed to prevent cold air from reaching crawlspace pipes. Set interior thermostats to 55 degrees to keep inside water lines warm. Consult your contractor or plumber for other situations unique to your home. Need a contractor or plumber? Call or email me!
TURN BACK THOSE CLOCKS this weekend! Daylight Savings Time officially ends Sunday at 2am, so set your clocks back an hour at bedtime on Saturday, and enjoy an extra hour of sleep!
MAY I HELP YOU? Whether you need advice on acquiring an investment property, or a simple restaurant recommendation, I’m ready to help! Call or email me any time!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! May your favorite ghosts, goblins, and vampires enjoy plenty of treats!
- Avalon & Stone Harbor’s Trick or Treat Night, 5-8PM, Thursday, October 31
- Great Decisions with Katrinka Somdall-Sands, Assistant Professor of Political Science at Rutgers University, discussion program on world affairs, Avalon Free Public Library, 5:45-7:45PM, Thursday, October 31
- Windows Computers & Android Smartphones, drop-in tech workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, November 2
- Prohibition in Cape May County, talk presented by local historian Raymond Rebmann, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, November 2
- American Legion Post #331 Veteran’s Day Ceremony, Veteran’s Plaza in Avalon, 11AM, Monday, November 11
- Stone Harbor American Legion Veteran’s Day Ceremony, 117th Street & Second Avenue, Noon, Monday, November 11
- Creative Writing, tips & feedback on stories, memoirs and poetry, register at Avalon Free Public Library at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 16
- 13th Annual Striper Tournament sponsored by Carpenters Local #255 supporting Brendan’s Fund, Awards Dinner, Cape May VFW, 5PM, Saturday, November 23
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, 5PM on Wednesday, November 27 & noon to 8PM on Friday, November 29
- 17th Annual Turkey Trot sponsored by Cape May fitness supporting Brendan’s Endowed Fund at CHOP, check in at 8AM at Cape May Fitness at 3860 Bayshore Road in Cape May, 5K begins at 9AM, Thursday, November 28
- Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children Turkey Trot 5K Run/1 Mile Walk, meet at Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Friday, November 29
- Avalon’s Festive Friday with over 40 holiday activities throughout downtown, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 29
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday Weekend, pet parade, family fun, scavenger hunt, Merchants’ Hospitality Night on Friday, Small Business Saturday & Annual Christmas Parade, Friday & Saturday November 29 & 30
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, family friendly activities throughout downtown Avalon, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 30
- Stone Harbor Caroling & Tree Lighting, 95th Street & Second Avenue, 4:45-7PM, Wednesday, December 4
- Sea Isle City’s Holiday Stroll, activities, entertainment & crafts throughout town with shops offering specials & sales, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, December 7
- Avalon Historical Society Holiday Party & Annual Meeting, Avalon History Center, 4-7PM, Saturday, December 7
283 29th Street, West, Avalon, $935,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190276
235 34th Street, Avalon, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190206
5189 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,549,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190081
9803 Third Ave Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,750,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190224
387 24th Street, Avalon, $3,600,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190271
7 Flamingo Drive, Avalon, $3,950,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190242
65 S. Pelican Drive, Avalon, $3,950,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190265
275 65th Street, Avalon, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190218
Properties Under Contract:
162 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $249,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189958
673 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,895,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185812
954 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $2,300,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189792
11717 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $4,895,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187891
1779 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $514,000, SOLD MLS#: 186820
9002 3rd Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,475,000, SOLD MLS#: 188182
11857 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $2,999,999, SOLD MLS#: 189057
218 119th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,295,000, SOLD MLS#: 189016