This stunning scene illustrates the beauty of fall at the beach! Thanks to Lisa Beyrouthy for sharing this amazing photo!
AVALON BEACHFILL COMPLETED! 675,000 cubic yards of sand were added to Avalon’s north-end beaches from 9th Street to 20th Street, before hydraulic sand pumping concluded Sunday evening. The new beach has been graded, and the dune profile restored. New dune crossovers will be constructed by the Avalon Department of Public Works after Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Company completes their demobilization process.
Avalon’s huge new beach! The replenishment project has been completed, as seen in this view of the 13th Street beach. Photo by Scott Wahl, Avalon Borough Administrator.
WARM FALL DAYS gave way to a blast of cold air early this week along with a bit of rain, and even a few snowflakes. Evening lows dipped into the 20s, but more seasonable temperatures are expected over the weekend. If you haven’t already done so, have your exterior water lines winterized now, before the next cold spell arrives!
PREPARE FOR DELAYS on Avalon Boulevard! Repair work on the Avalon Boulevard Bridge began this week, along with one alternating lane of traffic. Bridge work will continue through the winter months, break for the summer, and then resume next fall. Allow an extra few minutes when you travel via Avalon Boulevard!
$1.95 MILLION in federal funding was awarded for the repair of the Eighth Street jetty in Avalon. In January 2016 the jetty structure was damaged by Winter Storm Jonas. The federal grant will cover 75% of the $2.6 million repair project.
BRIDGE TOLLS on Cape May County’s Ocean Drive Bridges will remain at $1.50, but a future increase will likely be needed, according to an article by OCNJ Daily. Toll revenue is expected to cover $2.9 million of the Cape May County Bridge Commission’s $3.9 million operating budget in 2020, with the rest funded by Cape May County. According to the article, tolls on the Ocean Drive Bridges have not increased since 2009.
RENTAL RATES ARE IN! Our 2020 rental rates are in, so it’s time to make your vacation plans for next summer! Determine your vacation dates and your price range, call or email me with your requirements, and allow me to help you find the perfect shore retreat!
- Great Decisions with Katrinka Somdall-Sands, Assistant Professor of Political Science at Rutgers University, discussion program on world affairs, Avalon Free Public Library, 5:45-7:45PM, Thursday, November 14
- Apple Computers, iPad & iPhone Drop In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 11AM-12:30PM, Friday, November 15
- Creative Writing, tips & feedback on stories, memoirs and poetry, register at Avalon Free Public Library at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 16
- 13th Annual Striper Tournament sponsored by Carpenters Local #255 supporting Brendan’s Endowed Fund at CHOP, Awards Dinner, Cape May VFW, 5PM, Saturday, November 23
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, 5PM on Wednesday, November 27 & noon to 8PM on Friday, November 29
- 17th Annual Turkey Trot sponsored by Cape May fitness supporting Brendan’s Endowed Fund at CHOP, check in at 8AM at Cape May Fitness at 3860 Bayshore Road in Cape May, 5K begins at 9AM, Thursday, November 28
- Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children Turkey Trot 5K Run/1 Mile Walk, meet at Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Friday, November 29
- Story Time with Mrs. Claus, holiday stories, songs & a craft for children, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Friday, November 29
- Avalon’s Festive Friday with over 40 holiday activities throughout downtown Avalon, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 29
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday Weekend, pet parade, family fun, scavenger hunt, Merchants’ Hospitality Night on Friday, Small Business Saturday & Annual Christmas Parade on Saturday evening at 6:30PM, Friday & Saturday November 29 & 30
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, family friendly activities throughout downtown Avalon, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 30
- Stone Harbor Caroling & Tree Lighting, 95th Street & Second Avenue, 4:45-7PM, Wednesday, December 4
- Sea Isle City’s Holiday Stroll, activities, entertainment & crafts throughout town with shops offering specials & sales, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, December 7
- Avalon Historical Society Holiday Party & Annual Meeting, Avalon History Center, 4-7PM, Saturday, December 7
399 41st Street, B, Avalon, $849,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190458
141 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,200,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190417
5189 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,549,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190081
Properties Under Contract:
204 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $535,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190074
311 80th Street, Avalon, $595,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190088
4042 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $1,369,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189823
211 119th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190125
308 76th Street, Avalon, $2,395,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189266
198 73rd Street, Avalon, $2,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187951
129 18th Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187969
145 109th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,549,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 188338
162 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $275,000, SOLD MLS#: 188869
2619 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 186041
1005 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 185824
6256 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,745,000, SOLD MLS#: 189000
155 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,850,000, SOLD MLS#: 189382