Holiday beach tags will be available this weekend! See below for details!
THANKSGIVING WEEKEND IS A BIG ONE here on the Island! If you’ve never been here on the Island for Thanksgiving Weekend, you need to experience it! The Island is packed with people, fun events, activities, holiday celebrations, plus great shopping and dining options. Whether you’re looking to unwind with friends or entertaining the little ones, there’s no better place to kick off the holiday season than right here in Avalon & Stone Harbor!
FESTIVE FRIDAY & SNOWFEST SATURDAY will make Avalon’s business district come alive! An unbelievable array of holiday-themed activities will be available, including photos with Santa, Polar Extreme obstacle course, a bounce house, a soccer shoot out, and non-stop holiday music. For a full list of activities and locations, click here: https://www.
WHITE CHRISTMAS—AN ISLAND HOLIDAY is Stone Harbor’s celebration, with another huge selection of activities Friday & Saturday, including a Downtown Holiday Dash, a pet parade, story hour with Mrs. Claus, and photos with Santa. For the entire line up click here: https://stoneharbornj.
HOLIDAY BEACH TAGS will be available for purchase in both Avalon & Stone Harbor this weekend, while supplies last. These annual favorites feature holiday themed images and make great stocking stuffers for the beach lovers in your family!
- In Avalon holiday tags can be purchased at the Rescue Squad building from 10am to 4pm on Friday & Saturday, for $23.
- In Stone Harbor holiday tags can be purchased at Borough Hall from 10am to 4pm Friday & Saturday, and 10am to 3pm Sunday, for $23.
Fire trucks old & new, floats, bands, and even Santa will appear in Stone Harbor’s Christmas Parade Saturday evening!
CHRISTMAS PARADE! What a way to cap off a great weekend! The annual Christmas Parade begins at 6:30pm Saturday evening and includes bands & music, floats of all kinds, fire trucks from all over Cape May County, and an appearance by Santa! The parade proceeds north along Third Avenue toward 96th Street, then turns onto 96th Street toward the beach. Any sidewalk along the route makes for good parade viewing, and you’ll be amazed at the crowd of happy onlookers kicking off the holiday celebration here on the Island!
BRIDGES—PLAN AHEAD! When making your way toward the Island this weekend, keep in mind the ongoing maintenance work on the Avalon Boulevard Bridge, and the alternating lane pattern restricting traffic flow. To avoid delays on Avalon Boulevard, those headed to Avalon’s north end may want to allow a few extra moments of travel time and enter via Sea Isle City and the Townsend’s Inlet Bridge. Those headed to Avalon’s south end (or Stone Harbor) may wish to use Stone Harbor Boulevard. However, if entering or leaving Stone Harbor Saturday evening, remember that traffic will be restricted in the area of the parade route.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family! Wishing you the very best, this weekend and throughout the holiday season!
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier at 260-20th Street, 5PM on Wednesday, November 27 & noon to 8PM on Friday, November 29
- 17th Annual Turkey Trot sponsored by Cape May fitness supporting Brendan’s Endowed Fund at CHOP, check in at 8AM at Cape May Fitness at 3860 Bayshore Road in Cape May, 5K begins at 9AM, Thursday, November 28
- Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children Turkey Trot 5K Run/1 Mile Walk, meet at Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Friday, November 29
- Story Time with Mrs. Claus, holiday stories, songs & a craft for children, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Friday, November 29
- Avalon’s Festive Friday with over 40 holiday activities throughout downtown Avalon, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 29
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday Weekend, pet parade, family fun, scavenger hunt, Merchants’ Hospitality Night on Friday, Small Business Saturday & Annual Christmas Parade on Saturday evening at 6:30PM, Friday & Saturday November 29 & 30
- Apple Computers, iPads & iPhones Drop In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, November 30
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, family friendly activities throughout downtown Avalon, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 30
- Stone Harbor’s Annual Christmas Parade, 96th Street, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 30
- Windows Computers & Android Smart Phones Drop-In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 5:30-7PM, Monday, December 2
- History Book Club featuring ‘Lincoln’s Last Trial’ by Dan Abrams, register at 609-967-7155, complimentary books may be available at registration, Avalon Free Public Library, 6-7:30PM, Tuesday, December 3
- Great Decisions with Katrinka Somdall-Sands, Assistant Professor of Political Science at Rutgers University, discussion program on world affairs, Avalon Free Public Library, 5:45-7:45PM, Thursday, December 5
- Sea Isle City’s Holiday Stroll, activities, entertainment & crafts throughout town with shops offering specials & sales, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, December 7
- Avalon Historical Society Holiday Party & Annual Meeting, Avalon History Center, 4-7PM, Saturday, December 7
- Avalon Garden Club’s Trip to Longwood Gardens, bus departs at 1PM from Avalon Community Hall, reserve by December 5 by calling Irene at 267-251-0376 or Cookie at 609-675-4976, trip is on Thursday, December 19
229 81st Street, #1, Stone Harbor, $899,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190623
148 15th Street, Avalon, $1,499,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190595
10011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190617
5189 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,549,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190081
158 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190632
162 76th Street, Avalon, $3,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190581
Properties Under Contract:
281 68th Street, Unit B, Avalon, $925,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190573
311 77th Street, Avalon, $2,399,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189882
76 W. 33rd Street, Avalon, $3,999,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186598
695 21st Street, First Floor, Avalon, $486,273, SOLD MLS#: 185813
234 111th Street, Stone Harbor, $925,000, SOLD MLS#: 189116
400 20th Street, Avalon, $1,249,000, SOLD MLS#: 189596
378 94th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,472,500, SOLD MLS#: 187843
286 53rd Street, Avalon, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 188131
243 70th Street, Avalon, $1,775,000, SOLD MLS#: 188609
9913 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,277,000, SOLD MLS#: 189303
274 7th Street, Avalon, $2,495,000, SOLD MLS#: 189313
7688 Dune Drive, Avalon, $3,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 187067