Last Saturday evening’s Christmas Parade in Stone Harbor capped off a weekend of holiday celebrations on Seven Mile Island!
LAST WEEKEND’S Festive Friday, Snowfest Saturday, and Island Holiday celebrations brought great crowds to Avalon & Stone Harbor. Thursday’s turkey & trimmings gave way to tree lighting, music, caroling, shopping, and Santa on Friday & Saturday, followed by the annual Christmas Parade Saturday evening. What a way to kick off the holiday season!
2020 CONVENTIONAL MORTGAGE LIMIT INCREASED: Effective January 1st the conforming (conventional) loan limit will increase from $484,350 to $510,400 in the greater Philadelphia area, including South Jersey. According to Mike Mento of Prosperity Mortgage, “this increase allows consumers to finance up to $510,400 for a primary home, vacation home or investment property with conventional financing. In some cases, buyers can make a down payment as low as 3% of the purchase price for a primary home, 10% for a vacation home and 15% for an investment property.” Mento said loan amounts of $510,401 to $3,000,000 are considered non-conforming or “jumbo” mortgage loans. Have a mortgage financing question? Call Mike at 609-839-1203 or email him at Michael.Mento@phmloans.com.
JETTY REPAIRS are expected to begin later this month at Avalon’s 8th Street jetty. The structure was damaged by Winter Storm Jonas in 2016, and will undergo a five month project to repair its structure, including the addition of rocks in some areas. Access to the jetty will be strictly prohibited during the project (no fisherman, sightseers, or pedestrians), and the 9th Street beach access path will be closed to prevent people from entering the construction zone.
SHOP LOCAL this season! Why not add a bit of the shore to your holiday? Perhaps a sweatshirt, t-shirt, or boogie board for your grandchildren, a restaurant gift certificate for friends, or a box of fudge for your sweetheart! Many local shops and restaurants can accommodate you, and help bring a piece of the seashore to you!
SANTA RIDES THE RAILS again this season aboard the Cape May Seashore Lines’ “Santa Express.” More than two dozen departures are scheduled on weekends and select days and evenings between now and Christmas, and Santa will visit with youngsters on every trip. Trains depart from nearby Tuckahoe (and also Richland Village), and feature restored historic railroad equipment. For more about the Santa Express click here: https://the-santa-
- Great Decisions with Katrinka Somdall-Sands, Assistant Professor of Political Science at Rutgers University, discussion program on world affairs, Avalon Free Public Library, 5:45-7:45PM, Thursday, December 5
- Apple Computers, iPads & iPhones Drop in Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Friday, December 6
- Physical Fitness Apps with Cathy Zane to help you make a change for the better for the New Year, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Saturday, December 7
- Sea Isle City’s Holiday Stroll, activities, entertainment & crafts throughout town with shops offering specials & sales, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, December 7
- Avalon Historical Society Holiday Open House, Avalon History Center, 4-7PM, Saturday, December 7
- Art Workshop Ceramics Painting, Avalon Free Public Library, 3:30PM, Monday, December 9
- Windows Computers & Android Smartphone Drop in Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2:30PM, Saturday, December 14
- Holiday Songs with the Fiddle Club, students & professional musicians from the Music Studio in Linwood will perform traditional Celtic Christmas songs, Avalon Free Public Library, 3-4PM, Saturday, December 14
- Apple Computers, iPads & iPhones Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 5:30PM, Tuesday, December 17
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, 11AM, Thursday, December 19
- Avalon Garden Club’s Trip to Longwood Gardens, bus departs at 1PM from Avalon Community Hall, reserve by December 5 by calling Irene at 267-251-0376 or Cookie at 609-675-4976, trip is on Thursday, December 19
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, stories & books, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 21
- ‘Happy Noon Year,’ family friendly celebration of the New Year, Avalon Free Public Library, 11AM-Noon, Tuesday, December 31
7929 Dune Drive, #311, Avalon, $369,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190656
2449 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190675
251 45th Street, Avalon, $2,025,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190637
159 27th Street, Avalon, $2,849,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190649
85 E. 22nd Street, Avalon, $4,095,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190690
179 114th Street, Stone Harbor, $4,349,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190663
10403 Third Ave Avenue, Stone Harbor, $4,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190653
Properties Under Contract:
425 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,595,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 185875
11017 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,895,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 187580
7688 Sunset Drive, Avalon, $3,695,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190611
162 96th Street, Unit 3, Stone Harbor, $237,000, SOLD MLS#: 189958
173 33rd Street, #3, Avalon, $550,000, SOLD MLS#: 189721
185 78th Street, Avalon, $1,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 187569
220 40th Street, Avalon, $1,725,000, SOLD MLS#: 189995
90 W. 24th Street, Avalon, $1,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 189279
408 22nd Street, Avalon, $2,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 189104
145 109th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,549,000, SOLD MLS#: 188338