Cape May Seashore Lines is operating The Santa Express on weekends and select weeknights until Christmas. Trains depart from Tuckahoe and Richland—catch one while you’re here, or on your way to or from the Shore! Visit https://the-santa-
BY DAY, Steve Harbaugh can often be found constructing homes here on Seven Mile Island. By night, Steve can be found tending to the more than 7,000 Christmas lights that adorn his home in Mickleton, NJ—along with an RV recreating a movie scene from Christmas Vacation. Visitors travel far and wide to see the Harbaugh home, and usually come with toys in hand to donate to Toys For Tots. They have filled the RV with toys—multiple times! Check out Steve’s incredible display in this news clip: https://philadelphia.
THE GEMINID METEOR SHOWER will peak on December 14th, and last through December 17th, according to www.in-the-sky.org. From shortly after sunset through dawn, meteors may be seen, but peak viewing time is about 2am, when the radiant point of the shower will be nearly overhead. Up to 120 meteors per hour are possible, but the moon will be just past full during much of the peak activity period, complicating viewing. Cape May County beaches are often a great place to watch sky activity, due to the relative darkness compared to metropolitan areas.
BOATRIDES MAKE GREAT GIFTS! Would your family enjoy a cruise through the back bay, or a ride to a waterfront restaurant, while enjoying peaceful scenery and amazing wildlife? You can do it all aboard “Pursuit of Hoppiness” with Captain Doug Hopkins! Give your family something to look forward to this summer…a boat ride that they’ll remember forever! Doug is even offering a holiday special to Long & Foster friends: enjoy a free hour when you book a four- or five-hour charter! Doug’s special is available through Monday, December 16th, so visit https://www.
See Seven Mile Beach from the water with Captain Doug Hopkins aboard the Pursuit of Hoppiness!
DID YOU KNOW? 368 properties were sold in the local market thus far this year—and 56 more are under contract and scheduled to settle soon. Give your family the ultimate gift, and let them make memories at your very own shore home! Of course, I’m ready to help—and I’ll even supply a big red bow!
- Cooking with Carolyn, Stone Harbor Library, 11AM, Friday, December 13
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association meeting with Guest Speaker Scott Wahl, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, December 14
- Windows Computers & Android Smartphone Drop in Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2:30PM, Saturday, December 14
- Holiday Songs with the Fiddle Club, students & professional musicians from the Music Studio in Linwood will perform traditional Celtic Christmas songs, Avalon Free Public Library, 3-4PM, Saturday, December 14
- Photos & Files for Windows, Avalon Free Public Library, 6-7PM, Monday, December 16
- Apple Computers, iPads & iPhones Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 5:30PM, Tuesday, December 17
- Baking with Chef Linda Schwartz, Avalon Senior Center, 12:30-1:30PM, register at 609-967-7155, recipes & samples Wednesday, December 18
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, share memories & tea, 11AM, Thursday, December 19
- Memoir Workshop, Stone Harbor Library, 1PM, Thursday, December 19
- Avalon Garden Club’s Trip to Longwood Gardens, bus departs at 1PM from Avalon Community Hall, reserve by calling Irene at 267-251-0376 or Cookie at 609-675-4976, Thursday, December 19
- Mosaics: Create a Mosaic Holiday Tree, Stone Harbor Public Library, 2PM, Friday, December 20
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, stories & books, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 21
- Story Time at the Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM, Tuesday, December 24
- ‘Happy Noon Year,’ family friendly celebration of the New Year, Avalon Free Public Library, 11AM-Noon, Tuesday, December 31
7892 Sunset Drive, Avalon, $3,250,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190769
Properties Under Contract:
C 11 Weber Court, Stone Harbor, $699,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190718
275 100th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,369,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 188964
197 77th Street, Avalon, $3,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189718
301 80th Street, B18, Avalon, $725,000, SOLD MLS#: 189328
223 15th Street, Avalon, $1,205,000, SOLD MLS#: 189052
2488 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,775,000, SOLD MLS#: 189446
111 119th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,985,000, SOLD MLS#: 188608