MARKET STATS: The number of active listings is down 15% versus last year, which has affected the number of units sold. Meanwhile, strong demand has reduced the average “days on market” by 35% compared to last year. For a detailed look at the market see the latest Long & Foster Market Minute report below.
Active listings, the number of units sold, and the average “days on market” all declined in November versus a year ago.
AVALON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FIFTH GRADER Ginger Radzieta won Avalon’s 2020 beach tag art contest. Each year students compete in the contest, sponsored by the school and the Borough of Avalon. Ginger was presented with a plaque from Avalon Mayor Martin Pagliughi, along with the first beach tag featuring her art. Congratulations Ginger!
Congratulations to Ginger Radzieta, whose winning design will grace Avalon’s 2020 beach tags!
LOCAL SPORTS HERO MATT SZCZUR has agreed to sign a minor-league contract with the Philadelphia Phillies, and is expected to attend spring training with the team in Florida. Szczur grew up in Lower Township and has played for the Chicago Cubs and San Diego Padres. Szczur has a World Series ring from 2016, when he was on the Cubs’ roster. In previous off seasons Szczur has returned to Lower Township to host winter training camps for local youth baseball players.
Wes Hills, a graduate of Wildwood High School also made sports news this week, as he rushed for two touchdowns in his first appearance with the Detroit Lions. Hills is the third running back in Lions history to rush for two touchdowns in his first career NFL game.
NEED A LAST MINUTE GIFT OR STOCKING STUFFER? Call your favorite shop or restaurant here on the Island, or visit their website. Many local merchants will help you cross things off your shopping list and can send a gift certificate, seashore memento, or a box of fudge. Put a little seashore in your holiday!
VACATION, ANYONE? How does a week at the beach sound? Why not check out our 2020 rental brochure and guarantee yourself some sunshine and memories in 2020? Browse through our vacation options, then call or email me to book the perfect place! https://www.flipsnack.com/franzeographics/long-and-foster-avalon-stone-harbor-rental-brochure-fd1kyp3nr.html
- Windows Computers & Android Smart Phones Drop In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Thursday, December 19
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, share memories & tea, 11AM, Thursday, December 19
- Memoir Workshop, Stone Harbor Library, 1PM, Thursday, December 19
- Avalon Garden Club’s Trip to Longwood Gardens, bus departs at 1PM from Avalon Community Hall, reserve by calling Irene at 267-251-0376 or Cookie at 609-675-4976, Thursday, December 19
- Mystery Book Club moderated by Dorothy Pearson discussing The Innocent Man by John Grisham, register at 609-967-7155, complimentary books may be available upon registration, Avalon Free Public Library, 6-7:30PM, Thursday, December 19
- Mosaics: Create a Mosaic Holiday Tree, Stone Harbor Public Library, 2PM, Friday, December 20
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, stories & books, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 21
- Story Time at the Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM, Tuesday, December 24
- ‘Happy Noon Year,’ family friendly celebration of the New Year, Avalon Free Public Library, 11AM-Noon, Tuesday, December 31
- Creative Writing, tips & feedback on poetry, stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 4-6PM, Thursday, January 2
- Apple Computers, iPads & iPhones Drop-In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, January 4
- The Unsinkable Titanic, free lecture addressing the mysterious questions concerning the Titanic’s sinking, Avalon History Center, 1PM, Saturday, January 4
- Predict the Oscars with Sean Farrell, see clips & trailers from the movies that are front runners & vote on your selections, Avalon Free Public Library, 2-3PM, Tuesday, January 7
- History Book Club, title for January is ‘The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those who Survived the Great American Dustbowl,’ Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 6-7:30PM, Tuesday, January 7
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Meeting with Guest Speaker Jacqueline Meiluta, Executive Director of Volunteers in Medicine, Avalon Senior Center, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, January 11
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, share memories & tea, 11AM, Thursday, January 16
530 21st Street, Unit A, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190803
5189 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,549,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190081
Properties Under Contract:
1678 First Avenue, Avalon, $859,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189723
141 65th Street, Avalon, $6,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190798
9501 Third Avenue, Unit 5, Stone Harbor, $200,000, SOLD MLS#: 183925
7929 Dune Drive, Unit 309, Avalon, $368,750, SOLD MLS#: 188934
281 29th Street, Avalon, $925,000, SOLD MLS#: 190100
4042 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $1,355,000, SOLD MLS#: 189823
520 20th Street, Avalon, $1,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 188783
673 Sunrise Drive, East Unit, Avalon, $1,860,000, SOLD MLS#: 185812
8514 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 187660
190 72nd Street, Avalon, $2,581,250, SOLD MLS#: 187856
70 W. 24th Street, Avalon, $2,950,000, SOLD MLS#: 189253