Thanks to calm winds earlier this week the ocean was calm and the beach pleasant (but nearly empty!)
AVALON ACHIEVES CLASS 3 FLOOD RATING, 35% SAVINGS: Avalon recently achieved a Class 3 rating in the Federal Emergency Management’s Community Rating System based on its ongoing flood mitigation efforts. Avalon property owners will enjoy an estimated $1.6 million in cumulative flood insurance savings during 2020. Avalon is one of only 13 municipalities in the nation, and one of just two in New Jersey to achieve a Class 3 rating.
STONE HARBOR KAYAKERS may apply for kayak storage permits again during the month of March. Proof of property ownership is required, and a maximum of two spaces per property will be awarded through a lottery. The 2020 fee will be $100 per space.
CHRISTMAS TREES CAN HELP DUNES: Recycled Christmas trees were collected on the first Saturday of the new year at Island Beach State Park (in Ocean County), where they will be placed on the dune system to capture and retain blowing sand, helping to increase the size and stability of the dune system.
DOG RESCUED FROM BENEATH DOCK: Avalon firefighters responded to a report of a drowning dog located in the bay behind 42nd Street on New Year’s Eve Day. The dog was located beneath a dock and breathing in an air pocket. When the dog could not be retrieved from the dock, firefighters Bob Ferguson and Lisa Sasdelli entered the water and were able to save the dog.
PRESIDENT TRUMP is slated to visit the Wildwood Convention Center on January 28th where he will hold a rally with Congressman Jeff Van Drew. Van Drew made news last month when he left the Democratic party to join the Republican party. At the Wildwood rally, Trump is expected to announce his support for Van Drew’s reelection in 2020.
OFF TO A GOOD START! The real estate market appears to have picked up in 2020 right where it left off in 2019 with several new purchase contracts written and several closings occurring, covering the entire price spectrum from $325,000 to over $5,000,000. See below for new listings, new contracts, and recently sold properties.
IS 2020 YOUR YEAR? Why not MAKE it your year? It’s probably easier than you think! With a variety of properties available across a broad range of prices, there is something to match every budget. Rental income can help cover a huge percentage of ownership costs, too—let me show you how someone else can pay for YOUR shore purchase! Call or email me today, and make 2020 your year!
- Windows Computers & Android Smartphone Drop In Tech Workshop with Sean Farrell, help with questions regarding your computer, iPhone software or an app, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Friday, January 10
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Meeting with Guest Speaker Jacqueline Meiluta, Executive Director of Volunteers in Medicine, Avalon Senior Center, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, January 11
- Art Workshop, create your own design using Pointillism technique, register at 609-867-7155, Avalon Free Public Library.1-3PM, Saturday, January 11
- Windows Computers & Android Smartphone Drop In Tech Workshop with Sean Farrell, help with questions regarding your computer, iPhone software or an app, Avalon Free Public Library, 6-7:30PM, Monday, January 13
- Move and Grove with Cathy Cashmere, low impact dance fitness class, registration required at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 6-7PM, Tuesday, January 14
- Award Season Film featuring Joker with Joaquin Phoenix & Robert DeNiro, Avalon Free Public Library, 6-8PM, Tuesday, January 14
- Teatime at the Avalon History Center, share memories & tea, 11AM, Thursday, January 16
- Kids’ Tea Party for kids and their caregivers, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Saturday, January 18
- Tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books with Melissa Palmer, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, January 18
- Harbor Square Theater Comedy Show, fundraiser to benefit Cape May Tech High School, doors open at 8PM, show at 9PM, tickets in advance are $20 each, at the door $25 each, Friday, January 31
- Stone Harbor’s 10th Annual Shiver Weekend, proceeds benefit Family Promise of Cape May County, 10AM-3PM, Saturday, March 21
9511 Sunset Drive, #201, Stone Harbor, $375,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200013
9501 Sunset Drive, #2, Stone Harbor, $689,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200015
323 80th Street, #15, Stone Harbor, $780,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200016
263 103rd Street, #2, Stone Harbor, $1,150,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190876
281 46th Street Street, Avalon, $1,229,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200062
254 84th Street, East, Stone Harbor, $1,799,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200022
221 56th Street, Avalon, $2,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190883
10 27th Street, Avalon, $3,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190873
156 101st Street, Stone Harbor, $3,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200061
11801 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $6,700,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 190896
Properties Under Contract:
41 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $325,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190856
7888 Dune Drive, #301, Avalon, $359,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200054
214 25th Street, Avalon, $1,025,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189757
270 82nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,130,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190857
179 29th Street, Avalon, $1,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 188582
10011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,395,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190617
606 and 614 7th Street, Avalon, $5,100,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 188091
211 119th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,875,000, SOLD MLS#: 190125
88 W. 32nd Street, Avalon, $2,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 188909
893 21st Street, Avalon, $2,295,000, SOLD MLS#: 188482
107 122nd Street, Stone Harbor, $3,350,000, SOLD MLS#: 174590
162 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $3,999,000, SOLD MLS#: 189195