Friends comparing shells found in a tidal pool on the beach, on a warm afternoon.
MAKE A DOWN PAYMENT, LET SOMEONE ELSE PAY YOUR MORTGAGE! Last week rates for 30-year fixed-rate jumbo mortgage loans (over $510,401) dropped to 3.5%. With many Island properties generating 3%, 4%, or even 5% of their value in gross rental income, it’s a tremendous opportunity to purchase a shore property and use rental income to cover a huge portion of your ownership costs. Want to know more? Call or email me so we can discuss the specifics of your situation, and I’ll show you properties that will generate great rental income to cover a big chunk of your ownership expenses!
SEALS ON THE BEACH! Seals have been spotted on local beaches at least twice in the past few days. While rare, seals do sometimes come ashore while avoiding predators or resting, and most will return to the water. If you come across a seal or other mammal keep your distance, and don’t try to feed or move it. If you suspect it is injured or otherwise in distress, any sighting or stranding can be reported to the Marine Mammal Stranding Center by calling 609-266-0538 24 hours a day.
THE OCEAN IS FRIGID—somewhere around 38 degrees in the surf. Sound like a great time to take a dip? The upcoming Polar Bear Plunge takes place on Saturday, February 15th in Sea Isle City, and Stone Harbor hosts the Stone Harbor Shiver on Saturday, March 21st. If you’re among the faint-hearted who prefer not to swim in frigid water, there are other fun activities associated with both events. More details to follow!
STONE HARBOR VOLUNTEER FIRE COMPANY will take delivery of a new Pierce pumper in the next few weeks. The new pumper features a short wheelbase for better maneuverability, along with the latest firefighting equipment.
DINING OUT IN NJ? One of the best new restaurants in New Jersey is Beachwood at the Dunes, according to a NJ Monthly list recently released. Located at 8600 Landis Avenue in Sea Isle City, Beachwood partners include Chris Glancey, designer Deanna Ebner, and chef Lucas Manteca, who is behind Quahog’s Seafood Shack in Stone Harbor, and The Red Store in Cape May Point. Featuring everything from classic dishes to adventures on a plate, Manteca says “I just want to make awesome food.” Beachwood at the Dunes will reopen for the summer season on April 3rd. To check out the rest of the 30 best new restaurants across New Jersey, click here:
- Wetlands Institute Presentation & Covered Dish Dinner with discussion about Changing Wetland Landscapes, bring a dish to share, $7 admission for members & $12 for non-members, 6-9PM, Friday, January 31
- Harbor Square Theater Comedy Show, fundraiser to benefit Cape May Tech High School, doors open at 8PM, show at 9PM, tickets in advance are $20 each, at the door $25 each, Friday, January 31
- Apple Computers, iPads & iPhones drop In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, February 1
- Native Americans of the Jersey Cape, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, February 1
- Windows Computers & Android Smartphones Drop In Tech Workshop, questions regarding your computer, phone, software or an app, Avalon Free Public Library, 3-4:30PM, Saturday, February 1
- Super Bowl Bash, food, beverages, auction, raffle & the Big Game, benefitting Friend in Need, The Princeton, 4:30-11PM, Sunday, February 2
- Life Coach Mary Lerario presents tips for sticking with resolutions & understanding when goals need to change or evolve, requires registration at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11AM, Tuesday, February 4
- Move & Groove with Cathy Cashmere, low impact dance fitness class, Avalon Free Public Library, 6-7PM, Tuesday, February 4
- Film featuring The Sixth Sense starring Bruce Willis, Avalon Free Public Library, 2-4PM, Wednesday, February 5
- History Book Club, title is Ghost Soldiers: The Epic Account of WWII’s Greatest Rescue Mission, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 6-7:30PM, Wednesday, February 5
- Wine & Chocolate Tasting at Hawk Haven Winery, live music by Greg Jones, 11AM-6PM, Saturday, February 8
- Comedy Uncorked, Willow Creek Winery, 6-10PM, Saturday, February 8
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Weekend at the Princeton & the Whitebrier, local retail stores & boutiques offering designer clothing, accessories, food, drinks & great deals, Thursday & Friday, March 12 &13 from 4-9PM & Saturday, March 14 from 10AM-6PM
- Stone Harbor Pre-Shiver Party, 6-9PM at Fred’s Tavern, Friday, March 20
- Stone Harbor Shiver Weekend with proceeds benefitting Family Promise of Cape May County, Kegs & Eggs Breakfast at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, parade to the beach with costumed participants at 11:45AM & at 1PM the dash to the ocean for the Plunge, Saturday, March 21
286 16th Street, Unit 6, Avalon, $599,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200284
16 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $775,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200323
354 41st Street, Units A & B, Avalon, $1,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200347
73 W. 14th Street, Avalon, $1,699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200366
25 E. 11th Street, Avalon, $2,100,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200360
35 E. 11th Street, Avalon, $2,100,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200361
74 E. 13th Street, Avalon, $3,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200349
17 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,595,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200303
Properties Under Contract:
530 21st Street, Avalon, $699,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190803
1678 First Avenue, Avalon, $859,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189723
754 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $864,900, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190530
114 110th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189727
C 11 Weber Court, Stone Harbor, $670,000, SOLD MLS#: 190718
311 80th Street, Avalon, $700,000, SOLD MLS#: 200204
275 100 Street, Stone Harbor, $1,275,000, SOLD MLS#: 188964
295 55th Street, Avalon, $1,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 185590
159 26th Street, Avalon, $2,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 188315
119 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $2,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 187173