Avalon is Cooler By A Mile! Here’s why: Avalon’s north end projects seaward about a mile further than surrounding beaches, as shown in the photo. This picture was taken from Strathmere’s beach, looking southwesterly toward Avalon’s north end. Avalon’s 13th Street water tower is on the left, and the 38th Street water tower is on the right. A stiff westerly breeze is blowing the tops off the waves rolling in toward Strathmere’s beach.
41 PROPERTIES HAVE ALREADY SETTLED this year, and 54 more are under contract. Imagine the excitement of knowing summer is on its way, and being able to spend it in your own shore home! Why not take steps to make YOUR dream happen? Whether you want a weekend getaway, a luxurious oceanfront, or an income-producing property, there’s something to fit your budget! Call or email me today!
MORE SEALS have recently been sighted in the back bay waters. While not common in the area, they’re not uncommon either, and numerous sightings have been reported this winter. Seals often perch on a dock, the marsh, or the beach to rest, and usually return to the water in a short while. Never approach a seal as they can cause an injury if they feel threatened. If in doubt about a seal’s health, report the sighting to the Marine Mammal Stranding Center’s 24-hour hotline at 609-266-0538.
SUNDAYS AT SURFSIDE: A new concert series has been announced for the 2020 season at Surfside Park in Avalon. Each Sunday at 7pm popular entertainers will take to the stage, with different themes each week, including Jimmy Buffet, country, Beatlemania, and Irish Night. All performances are free, so bring your beach chair or blanket and settle in for a great evening of entertainment!
DUNE GRASS PLANTING helps strengthen the dune system, which helps to protect the island in the event of storms. Avalon’s spring dune grass planting effort is scheduled for Saturday, April 18th, beginning at 8:30am. Volunteers should report to Avalon Community Hall at 8:30am for a brief planting demonstration. Tools specially designed for planting will be distributed. If you’re interested in volunteering, please RSVP to Chuck McDonnell at Community Hall at 609-967-3066 or Sue Keen at 609-967-5924 in advance. In the event of rain, the planting session will be held Sunday, April 19th.
TAKE THE TRIP! 27 year old Vicki Tate says if you’re thinking about a vacation but not quite sure, “Take the trip!” Her short article appears here:
- Cooking With Carolyn featuring Mardi Gras favorites, Stone Harbor Public Library, 5-7PM, Thursday, February 27
- The Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Dinner, topic for the evening is ‘The Winds of Change’ presented by Guest Speaker Kris Ohleth, the Senior Stockholder Relations Manager with Offshore Orsted, 6-8PM, Friday, February 28
- Genealogy for Beginners with Casey Zahn, research your family history, register at Avalon Free Public Library at 609-967-7155, 11AM-1PM, Saturday, February 29
- Lunch and Learn program discussing Coral Growth & Acclimation, bring your lunch but coffee & dessert will be provided, Wetlands Institute, 11:45AM, Friday, March 6
- Apple Computer, iPad & iPhone Drop In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, March 7
- The Statue of Liberty Presentation, learn how she was built, what she symbolizes plus a slide show, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 7
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Weekend at the Princeton & the Whitebrier, local retail stores & boutiques offering designer clothing, accessories, food, drinks & great deals, Thursday & Friday, March 12 &13 from 4-9PM & Saturday, March 14 from 10AM-6PM
- Stone Harbor Pre-Shiver Party, 6-9PM at the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, Friday, March 20
- Stone Harbor Shiver Weekend with proceeds benefitting Family Promise of Cape May County, Kegs & Eggs Breakfast at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, parade to the beach with costumed participants at 11:45AM & at 1PM the dash to the ocean for the Plunge, Saturday, March 21
- Easter EggStravaganZoo, Easter Egg Hunt, a visit from the Easter Bunny and lots of Easter activities and fun, Cape May County Zoo, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, April 4
- Turtle Fest at The Wetlands Institute, pancake breakfast, Easter egg hunt, create arts & crafts, search for turtle hatchlings, more, visit https://
wetlandsinstitute.org/events/ turtle-fest/.com for details, 9AM-3PM, Saturday, April 11
- Earth Day Celebration, 5K run begins at 7:30AM, Fun Run begins at 8:30AM & 5K Run begins at 9AM, along with entertainment, crafters, games & vendors, Cape May County Park & Zoo, 8:30AM-3PM, Saturday, April 18
- Stone Harbor Chamber of Commerce’s Job Fair, 9AM-3PM, Saturday, April 18
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, volunteers report to Avalon Community Hall @30th & Avalon Avenue at 8:30AM Saturday, April 18th. RSVP to Chuck McDonnell at 609-967-3066 or Sue Keen at 609-967-5924 to sign up. Rain date is Sunday, April 19
227 96th St., Stone Harbor, $595,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200759
213 109th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,029,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200745
3864 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,177,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200727
255 35th Street, East, Avalon, $1,289,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200748
151 33rd Street, Avalon, $1,975,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200742
204 45th Street, Avalon, $2,150,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200812
141 30th Street, Avalon, $2,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200774
65 W. 34th Street, Avalon, $4,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200773
10416 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $4,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200738
Properties Under Contract:
9501 Sunset Drive, Unit 11, Stone Harbor, $680,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200585
2445 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $895,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200286
2011 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,099,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200167
2529 Ocean Drive, East, Avalon, $1,100,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190379
230 82nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190844
700 First Avenue, Unit 412, Avalon, $659,000, SOLD MLS#: 189360
2005 7th Avenue, Avalon, $675,000, SOLD MLS#: 190850
270 82 Street, Stone Harbor, $1,130,000, SOLD MLS#: 190858
1148 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $1,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 189477
179 114th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,950,000, SOLD MLS#: 190663