A colorful sky is reflected in the mirror-like bay water during this wintertime sunset.
AVALON has introduced a 2020 municipal budget with no increase in the municipal tax rate—the third year in a row with no increase. Water and sewer rates will remain unchanged for 2020 as well. The borough also expects to have all long term debt paid off during 2020, utilizing short term financing instead for capital projects.
STONE HARBOR has approved a plan to hire seven full-time firefighter-EMTs to supplement coverage provided by volunteers. Borough Council unanimously approved the move, which will go into effect in January, 2021, with two members on duty around the clock. Like other resort towns, Stone Harbor has been facing declining numbers of resident volunteers that have traditionally staffed the fire department. The department will remain a primarily volunteer operation, with the full-time firefighter-EMTs providing supplemental manpower.
THE CARE FREE BOAT CLUB is expanding its operation to a Sea Isle City location, after opening its Avalon location last year. The new concept in boating allows club members to enjoy boating without many of the headaches of traditional ownership. Boaters pay only membership fees and simply reserve time in the vessel of their choice, avoiding the cost of purchasing, maintaining, and storing a boat.
THE WILDWOOD MUSIC FESTIVAL has added Trace Adkins to the list of performers that will participate in the three-day show in June. The festival will be situated on the beach between amusement piers and in addition to Adkins, will include Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton, Billy Currington, and many more. New artists are being announced periodically, with more than thirty slated to perform.
YES, THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT! If you’ll be purchasing beach tags this season, consider doing it via the Viply app. Avalon, Stone Harbor, and Sea Isle City beach tags can all be purchased via the app. The Viply app can be downloaded via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Lunch and Learn program discussing Coral Growth & Acclimation, bring your lunch but coffee & dessert will be provided, Wetlands Institute, 11:45AM, Friday, March 6
- Apple Computer, iPad & iPhone Drop In Tech Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, 10-11:30AM, Saturday, March 7
- The Statue of Liberty Presentation, learn how she was built, what she symbolizes plus a slide show, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 7
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Weekend at the Princeton & the Whitebrier, local retail stores & boutiques offering designer clothing, accessories, food, drinks & great deals, Thursday & Friday, March 12 &13 from 4-9PM & Saturday, March 14 from 10AM-6PM
- Stone Harbor Pre-Shiver Party, 6-9PM at the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, Friday, March 20
- Stone Harbor Shiver Weekend with proceeds benefitting Family Promise of Cape May County, Kegs & Eggs Breakfast at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, parade to the beach with costumed participants at 11:45AM & at 1PM the dash to the ocean for the Plunge, Saturday, March 21
- Easter EggStravaganZoo, Easter Egg Hunt, a visit from the Easter Bunny and lots of Easter activities and fun, Cape May County Zoo, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, April 4
- Turtle Fest at The Wetlands Institute, pancake breakfast, Easter egg hunt, create arts & crafts, search for turtle hatchlings, more, visit https://
wetlandsinstitute.org/events/ turtle-fest/.com for details, 9AM-3PM, Saturday, April 11
- Earth Day Celebration, 5K run begins at 7:30AM, Fun Run begins at 8:30AM & 5K Run begins at 9AM, along with entertainment, crafters, games & vendors, Cape May County Park & Zoo, 8:30AM-3PM, Saturday, April 18
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, volunteers report to Avalon Community Hall @30th & Avalon Avenue at 8:30AM, a light lunch will be served after the planting, call Chuck McDonnell at 609-967-3066 or Sue Keen at 609-967-5924 to sign up, Saturday, April 18 (rain date is Sunday, April 19)
- Stone Harbor Chamber of Commerce’s Job Fair, 9AM-3PM, Saturday, April 18
- Avalon Garden Club Tree Planting, 77th & Dune Drive, 10:30AM, Friday, April 24th
- Sea Isle City’s Spring Girls’ Weekend, eat, drink, shop and pamper your way through SIC, 40 businesses participating with huge discounts, Friday-Sunday, April 24-26
15 99th Street, Unit A, Stone Harbor, $597,500, ACTIVE MLS#: 200907
351 96th Street, #304, Stone Harbor, $665,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200826
351 96th Street, #407, Stone Harbor, $689,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200849
10401 Corinthian Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,299,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200893
13 W. 12th Street, Avalon, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200919
24 E. 19th St, Avalon, $2,350,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200921
145 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 200866
Properties Under Contract:
9501 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $649,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200864
2110 Ocean Drive, Unit B, Avalon, $709,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190407
2488 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $2,095,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200697
2488 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $2,095,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200698
53 W. 25th Street, Avalon, $2,390,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200379
4208 Bayberry Drive, Avalon, $2,549,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 186592
121 17th Street, Avalon, $2,749,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200182
238 75th Street, Avalon, $2,895,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189199
162 76th Street, Avalon, $2,950,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190581
25 and 35 E. 11th Street, Avalon, $4,200,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 200369
10529 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $4,350,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 189563
286 16th Street, Unit 6, Avalon, $599,000, SOLD MLS#: 200284
637 21st Street, Avalon, $635,000, SOLD MLS#: 188977
100 96th Street, Unit 304, Stone Harbor, $850,000, SOLD MLS#: 200259
281 24th Street, West, Avalon, $860,000, SOLD MLS#: 188837
2048 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 200846
10011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,235,000, SOLD MLS#: 190617