Personal watercraft zip across the surface of the bay, on an August day. This photograph was taken from the recently opened pedestrian walkway on the Garden State Parkway bridge over Great Egg Harbor Bay.
OUTDOOR DINING may be one of the best things to come from 2020. Although we’ve all welcomed the return of indoor dining, especially as cooler weather approaches, most have reported enjoying outdoor summer dining in places where it wasn’t previously offered. In some cases, restaurants were able to make use of public space to add outdoor tables, while in other cases neighboring businesses allowed restaurants to expand into previously unused areas. Municipalities are expected to review outdoor dining–both the benefits, as well as any issues identified–during the winter and will likely consider adopting permanent rules moving forward.
FIRE DEPARTMENT EXPANSION CONSIDERED: A 6,400 square foot addition to the Avalon Fire Department was discussed at last week’s council meeting. The proposed two-story addition would house additional water rescue equipment plus personnel space on the second floor.
MISSING SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE FALL ACTIVITIES? With most large events having been cancelled, you may be looking for some other activities to enjoy while in Avalon & Stone Harbor.
Here are some ideas:
– Cape May County Zoo. Perhaps the best kept secret in Cape May County, the Zoo is open daily and features animals of all types. Also located at the Zoo is Tree to Tree Adventure Park, featuring aerial activites such as ziplining, nets, swings, and more.
– US Naval Air Station Wildwood Museum is open daily, featuring a collection of vintage aircraft and exhibits, housed inside a World War II era hangar.
– Go for a sunrise walk on the beach. Sunrise occurs later now than it does in early summer, so it’s a bit easier to catch!
– Dine outside at your favorite restaurant again before it gets too cold!
– Ride the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. Make a reservation to take your car on board to explore the other side of the Delaware Bay. Or, book as a foot passenger for $18 round trip. It’s a great way to see the Delaware Bay (and maybe some whales or dolphins, or a sunset!)
– Catch a sunset at Avalon Bay Park Marina on the pier over the water at 53rd Street, or from the pier at 83rd Street in Stone Harbor.
– The Wetlands Institute is open on Saturdays and Sundays, and offers a great way to explore and connect with local wildlife!
MORTGAGE RATES ARE ABOUT 2.75% for 30-year fixed rate loans, after dipping last week. It’s still a great time to either refinance your existing property or to purchase a new one. Either way you’ll lock in extremely low financing costs for the duration of your ownership. Need a mortgage referral? Call or email me and I’ll refer you to experience, capable mortgage lenders you can trust!
253 107th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,850,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 203722
9715 3rd Avenue, Stone Harbor, $3,699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 203648
Properties Under Contract:
7900 Dune Drive, Unit 305, Avalon, $275,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 202800
7900 Dune Drive, Unit 311, Avalon, $295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 202801
655 Avalon Blvd., Avalon Manor, $400,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 203272
411 98th Street, Unit 2, Stone Harbor, $789,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 202502
2090 6th Street, Avalon, $1,600,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 203641
235 34th Street, Avalon, $1,899,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 202171
45 W. 10th Street, Avalon, $1,950,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 203380
3908 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $2,595,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 203431
4509 4th Ave, Avalon, $2,695,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 203537
9 N. Pelican Drive, Avalon, $3,975,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 190056
455 104th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 202271
38 S. Pelican Drive, Avalon, $3,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 203704
92 E. 23rd Street, Avalon, $4,900,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 202155
41 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $305,000, SOLD MLS#: 190856
429 22nd Street, East Unit, Avalon, $640,000, SOLD MLS#: 200521
2108 Ocean Drive, First Floor, Avalon, $735,000, SOLD MLS#: 201625
301 80th Street, Avalon, $792,500, SOLD MLS#: 201906
210 109th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,501,000, SOLD MLS#: 202452
249 13th Street, Avalon, $1,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 202332
141 95th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 200597
4804 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $2,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 201203
17 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,275,000, SOLD MLS#: 200303
10514 2nd Avenue, Stone Harbor, $3,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 202607
4816 4th Avenue, Avalon, $6,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 201647