Ken Rothweiler captured this beautiful sunset from Avalon’s 8th Street jetty. Thanks for sharing, Ken! For more on the 8th Street jetty, and other unique locations, see below.
A SALUTE TO THOSE WHO SERVE: The Atlantic City Airshow returns on Wednesday, August 18th after a hiatus last year. This year’s lineup includes the United State Air Force Thunderbirds flying F-16 Fighting Falcons, as well as the USAF F-22 Raptor Demonstration Team. Other favorites include the P-51 Mustang, the US Army Golden Knights parachute team, and a US Coast Guard Search and Rescue Demonstration. The air show is free; check out show info here: https://airshow.acchamber.com/
GOOD TIME TO SELL? 75% of respondents said it’s a good time to sell, according to Fannie Mae’s recent Home Purchase Sentiment Index survey. 46% of respondents believe home prices will continue to increase in the next year, while only 21% believe they’ll go down. 57% think interest rates will rise in the next year, while 31% believe they’ll remain flat; only 5% believe they’ll fall.
If you’re thinking of selling, it may be a great time to do so. Take advantage of limited inventory, low rates, and strong purchase demand. Call me and let’s talk!
OTTERS SEEN ‘ROUND THE ISLAND! Otters have recently been seen in the back bay waters, having made several appearances near docks and bulkheads. Otters appear from time to time as they seek shellfish for food, which they capture with their claws. More than one clever otter has been known to open floating bait buckets that fishermen use to store live bait–much to the surprise of the fishermen, who find them empty after the otters leave!
GOTTA DO IT: UNIQUE LOCATIONS! We all love the beach, but sometimes it’s fun to see things from a different perspective. Here are some interesting and beautiful island locations to check out!
- Avalon’s 8th Street Jetty: Jutting out several hundred yards into the Atlantic, the jetty offers a fascinating location from which to observe ocean waves, boat traffic entering and exiting Townsend’s Inlet, plus a unique view of sunsets while looking back toward Avalon’s beaches.
- Avalon Boardwalk: It’s far from a secret spot, but if you spend most of your time in Avalon’s South End (or Stone Harbor), perhaps you’ve overlooked the boardwalk. Running from 21st Street to 32nd Street, it offers a fantastic option for a scenic stroll along the dunes, with a view of the beach and ocean. Street-end parking is available the entire length of the boardwalk, in addition to a large parking lot between 28th Street and 30th Street.
- Avalon Bay Park Marina: Stretching from 53rd to 57th Streets along Ocean Drive, stunning bay views and sunsets are yours almost any evening. At the 53rd Street end of the park is a pier overlooking the bay–a great place to catch a breeze during the day or a sunset at night.
- 81st Street Municipal Marina & 83rd Street Fishing Pier: Overlooking the IntraCoastal Waterway, both locations offer up-close views of boats of all kinds. In the evenings sunsets over the bay are magnificent. During a thunderstorm, drive to the 81st Street Municipal Marina and watch the lightning show!
- 88th & 101st Street Covered Piers: Offering shade on a sunny day and benches for rest, the piers are a great place to stop during a long island walk or bike ride. Views of the dunes and beach are yours, along with panoramic ocean views. Even bad-weather days make for great ocean views from the piers.
- Stone Harbor Point: Located at the southernmost end of Stone Harbor, The Point offers a little bit of everything: swim at guarded beaches near 122nd Street; watch Hobie Cats and other catamarans sail off the beach; walk southward along the beach toward Hereford Inlet and explore tidal pools and shifting sands. On your way back walk the path through the dunes and climb up to the top of the observation platform for a 360-degree view.
- Townsend’s Inlet Beach: Located at the southern end of Sea Isle City, the Townsend’s Inlet Beach stretches from the ocean on one side, under the Townsend’s Inlet Bridge, to the bay on the other side. It’s a great area to walk, explore, fish, or watch sunsets.
- Cove Beach in Cape May: Located at the foot of Beach Avenue, the beach makes a nearly 90-degree turn, meaning it’s possible to stand on the beach, look across the ocean water, and see the Cape May Light House behinds the beach on the other side of The Cove. After finishing at The Cove stroll northward several blocks along Cape May’s Oceanfront Promenade!
WHAT’S LEFT ON YOUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST? The prime weeks of summer are here–time to make sure you check off items on your Summer Bucket List!
192 83rd Street, #4/2nd Fl., Stone Harbor, $1,649,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 212892
269 E. 29th, East, Avalon, $1,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 212933
8600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Stone Harbor, $3,075,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 212899
171 113th Street, Stone Harbor, $4,799,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 212894
130 74th Street, Avalon, $12,500,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 212901
Properties Under Contract:
7888 Dune Drive, 109, Avalon, $299,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 212721
7888 Dune Drive, 228, Avalon, $386,500, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 212865
100 96th Street, 305, Stone Harbor, $1,149,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 212074
239 29th Street, West, Avalon, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 212584
63 W. 30th Street, Avalon, $2,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 212806
329 93rd Street, Stone Harbor, $2,499,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 211085
573 21st Street, Avalon, $3,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 212532
178 37th Street, Avalon, $3,695,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 212621
111 119th Street, Stone Harbor, $7,276,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 211358
111 100th Street, Stone Harbor, $7,800,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 212690
7888 Dune Drive, 112, Avalon, $297,000, SOLD MLS#: 189702
700 Ocean Drive, D4, Avalon, $999,000, SOLD MLS#: 211826
263 103rd Street, East, Stone Harbor, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 212507
25 E. 11th Street, Avalon, $4,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 203860