September beach days are the best!
MARKET STATS: 35 new listings hit the market last month, and 36 listings went under contract. The increase in new listings that we’ve seen over the past couple of months hasn’t quite matched demand, and the overall number of active listings has continued to decline. For a detailed look at the market see the latest Long & Foster Market Minute report.
“BEACH SET UP GUY” WILL BE BACK for 2022! During the 2021 season the Beach Set Up Guy provided beach goers with daily set up services in Avalon and Stone Harbor, carting chairs, umbrellas, and boogie boards to the beach each morning, then packing them up and taking them home in the afternoon. His popular service ended in August, but “BSUG” reported that he’ll be back for the 2022 season with full time employees and may expand to an additional shore town. Curious about using his services next season? Visit him at https://www.beachsetupguy.com/
THE 96TH STREET BRIDGE will close to automotive traffic Monday through Thursday evenings 8pm to 6am, through September 30th, for structural repairs to its movable drawbridge span. Traffic will flow freely during daytime hours, and no closures will occur Fridays or Saturdays. During closures, use the Great Channel Bridge (to North Wildwood), Avalon Boulevard, or the Townsend’s Inlet Bridge (to Sea Isle City) for access on and off the island.
MEET REGIS, A NEW ADDITION at the Cape May County Zoo! According to the zoo he’s a 6-pound, 7-month-old red kangaroo who needed a home. Regis spends much of his time in a pouch, and gets supervised visits outside. The Cape May County Zoo is a wonderful local resource. It’s open seven days a week, features an incredible variety of animals, and admission is free (but donations are greatly appreciated!)
FALL PROJECT LISTS are a shore tradition, after a busy summer season of rentals or vacation usage. From carpet cleaning to repainting, to repairs and upgrades, NOW is the time to plan those offseason projects to make sure your shore home is ready for the 2022 season. With the frenetic pace of summer behind us, many contractors now have more time to meet with clients, provide estimates, and plan projects. Don’t wait–make your wish list, then make some calls! Need a referral for a contractor or other service provider? Call me!
EVENTS THIS WEEKEND include everything from trains, fire trucks, and classic cars to beer & wine, and Irish music. Here’s a brief rundown of what’s happening in the area this weekend:
- Savor September, Stone Harbor: Beginning at noon on Saturday and running until 8pm, Savor September features four bands, several local wineries and breweries, artisan foods, crafts, and a corn hole tournament!
- Irish Fall Festival, North Wildwood: Friday & Saturday, 8am to 7pm daily, hang out along Olde New Jersey Avenue and surrounding pubs for Irish music all day, plus food & drink!
- Classic Car Show, Pacific Avenue in Wildwood: The Fall Boardwalk Classic moves to Pacific Avenue (this year only), with cars on display Friday and Saturday from 9am to 3:30pm. Also, at the Wildwood Convention Center Exhibit Hall the Big Show Invitational will featured a hand-picked selection of high-end specialty cars, vehicles for sale, and vendors.
- Tuckahoe Transportation Heritage Festival, Railroad Avenue, Tuckahoe: Live music, vintage trains (both on display and available for rides), a G guage garden railroad, are all centered around the Cape May Seashore Lines Station in Tuckahoe, from 11am to 4pm.
- Antique Fire Truck Show, Wildwood: Sunday, September 26th, 10am to 2pm. Head to Byrne Plaza at 3501 Pacific Avenue to view an array of antique fire trucks on display.
Coming in two weeks: Avalon’s Seafood Festival! Details to follow!
7888 Dune Drive, 218, Avalon, $695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 213468
1 Leonards Lane, Avalon Manor, $999,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 213447
346 41st Street, West, Avalon, $1,789,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 213452
243 87th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 213464
211 120th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 213485
3449 First Avenue, Avalon, $3,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 213487
26 E. 25th Street, Avalon, $4,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 213501
11 Heron Drive, Avalon, $6,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 213470
Properties Under Contract:
250 105th Street, West, Stone Harbor, $919,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213272
440 21st Street, Rear, Avalon, $999,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213410
402 21st Street, North, Avalon, $1,499,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213375
167 34th Street, Avalon, $2,500,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 212709
8 103rd Street, East, Stone Harbor, $2,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213268
789 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213355
304 75th Street, Avalon, $2,800,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213412
7800 Dune Drive, 227, Avalon, $285,000, SOLD MLS#: 202957
2422 Fourth Avenue, West Unit, Avalon, $1,945,000, SOLD MLS#: 212174
279 54th Street, Avalon, $1,950,000, SOLD MLS#: 211617
4010 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 204047
227 107th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 212188
9031 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $3,353,000, SOLD MLS#: 211902
589 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $4,050,000, SOLD MLS#: 212421
75 E. 12th Street, Avalon, $4,995,000, SOLD MLS#: 212130
198 73rd Street, Avalon, $5,585,000, SOLD MLS#: 202568