Kick off the holiday season Thanksgiving Weekend in Avalon & Stone Harbor!
AVALON’S FESTIVE FRIDAY & SNOWFEST SATURDAY, AND STONE HARBOR’S ISLAND HOLIDAY both arrive Thanksgiving Weekend! If you’ve never been here during Thanksgiving weekend, you won’t believe how much fun there is to be had! Santa, music, tree lightings, and parades–check out the activities listed below!
HOLIDAY BEACH TAGS MAKE GREAT STOCKING STUFFERS, and they be available in Avalon and Stone Harbor just in time to kick off the holiday season! The holiday tags will be available for purchase November 26th and 27th. In Avalon, visit the Beach Tag Booth between 10am and 4pm; in Stone Harbor, visit Borough Hall between 10am and 4pm. The tags are $25, and are good for the entire 2022 summer season. Can’t make your purchase in person? Holiday beach tags can be ordered online via www.jerseycapetags.com. While you’re there, check out their beach tag Christmas tree ornament packs!
THANKSGIVING WEEKEND brings loads of holiday fun to the island! Both Avalon and Stone Harbor come alive with the holiday spirit…Enjoy music, movies, shopping, tree lightings, a parade, and more! Here are some highlights to add to your calendar on November 26th & 27th:
Avalon’s Festive Friday & Snowfest Saturday:
- Holiday Beach Tag sales, Friday & Saturday, 10am-4pm, Avalon Beach Tag Booth
- Avalon Festival of Trees, through Saturday, 2pm, in Avalon’s Shopping District
- Avalon Historical Society Ornament Sales, Friday & Saturday, 11am to 4pm, 31st & Dune Drive
- Hot Chocolate & S’mores, Friday & Saturday, 11am-4pm, 31st & Dune Drive
- Annual Turkey Trot 5k Run & 1.5-Mile Walk, Friday, 10am, Avalon Community Hall
- Bands/music along Dune Drive, 11am to 4pm, Friday & Saturday, Veteran’s Plaza, 21st Street; 23rd Street; 26th-27th Street; 31st Street
- Santa Lights Dune Drive, 4:30pm, Friday, 80th Street to 7th Street. Spread out along Dune Drive as Santa lights it up! Santa will make a special stop at Veteran’s Plaza to light the tree, kicking off the holiday season in Avalon.
- Avalon’s Drive-In Movie, “Home Alone!”, Friday, 6:30pm, 29th Street Parking Lot (tune your car radio to 92.3FM to hear the movie)
Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday:
- Elf movie, Harbor Square Theatre, all weekend
- Holiday Beach Tag sales, Friday & Saturday, 10am-4pm, Stone Harbor Borough Hall
- Stone Harbor Festival of Trees, Friday 10am-8pm, Saturday 10am-Noon, Women’s Civic Club, 96th Street & the beach
- Holiday Market & Carousel, Water Tower Lot, Friday 11am-5pm & Saturday 11am-4pm
- Scavenger Hunt, sign up at the Holiday Market, Friday & Saturday
- Stone Harbor Museum Open House, Friday 10am-2pm (members), Saturday 10am-2pm (public)
- Paw Prints Pet Paw-rade, Friday, 1pm, 96th Street (register at Paw Prints, 281 96th Street, from 11am to 12:30pm)
- Tree Lighting on 96th Street: Mary Roth performs at 5:30pm, followed by the Tree Lighting Friday at 6pm
- Chamber of Commerce Hospitality Night, Friday, 6pm-9pm, Business District
- Downtown Running of the Elves Holiday Dash, Saturday, 9am Registration, 10am Race at 96th Street & First Avenue (Ages 6 & up should wear your silliest Elf costume
- Caroling Under the 96th Street Clock, Saturday, 5:45pm
- Christmas Parade, 107th & Third Avenue to 96th Street, to Second Avenue, Saturday, 6:30pm. Fire trucks, floats, music, and Santa!
CHECK OUT OTHER HOLIDAY FAVORITES in the area:
- Santa’s Tree Lighting Celebration, Cape May County Park & Zoo, Saturday, November 27th, 3pm-6pm.
- Christmas at the Hangar: Naval Air Station Wildwood offers this free event all day Sunday, November 27th. See Santa, enjoy live music & dance, face painting, food trucks and beer & wine garden. The event is free! Click here for more details: https://usnasw.org/events-2/
- Cape May Seashore Lines Santa Express: Ride the rails with Santa aboard a vintage Cape May Seashore Lines train at Tuckahoe Village or Richland Village. The train runs Saturdays and Sunday, plus select evenings, through Christmas. For schedules and tickets visit https://the-santa-express.com/
SHOP THE SHORE this year! Avoid supply chain delays, and help small businesses at the same time–stop in to your favorite shops and add a little “shore” to your holiday!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU & YOURS! Wishing you and your family the very best this season!
9511 Sunset Drive, Unit 405, Stone Harbor, $570,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 214223
8001 Second Avenue, 308, Stone Harbor, $825,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 214195
1719 Ocean Drive, 5, Avalon, $949,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 214180
76 W. 28th Street, 202, Avalon, $1,150,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 214192
684 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 214199
294 65th Street, Avalon, $2,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 214171
31 S. Inlet Drive, Avalon, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 214207
171 113th Street, Stone Harbor, $5,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 214230
Properties Under Contract:
9816 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $419,900, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213844
224 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $725,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213343
1 Leonards Lane, Avalon Manor, $925,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213447
264 12th Street, Avalon, $2,095,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213805
277 26th Street, East, Avalon, $2,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 214154
11 Heron Drive, Avalon, $6,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 213470
7888 Dune Drive, 308, Avalon, $346,500, SOLD MLS#: 213908
7888 Dune Drive, 210, Avalon, $349,000, SOLD MLS#: 211292
2307 Dune Drive, Avalon, $575,000, SOLD MLS#: 212689
667 22nd Street, Avalon, $593,025, SOLD MLS#: 204443
320 40th Street, Avalon, $995,000, SOLD MLS#: 213593
378 83rd Street, #5, Stone Harbor, $1,111,111, SOLD MLS#: 213613
269 29th Street, East, Avalon, $1,859,000, SOLD MLS#: 212933
89 37th Street, Avalon, $3,995,000, SOLD MLS#: 213429
109 40th Street, Avalon, $3,999,000, SOLD MLS#: 213559
130 74th Street, Avalon, $11,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 212901