Trees, grass, and flowers will all be in full bloom shortly!
MARCH COMES IN LIKE A LION…and along the beach, cool weather tends to hang around a long time in the spring, due to cold ocean water. But now that April is upon us, that “lamb” we’ve all been waiting for will soon be here! Lawns are greening up, trees are budding, and flowers will soon be blooming!
RISING GAS PRICES may boost shore traffic this summer according to Vicki Clark, president of the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce. “We’ve always been a drive-to destination…a 300-mile radius is our primary customer base,” Clark said at a recent talk. Avalon, Stone Harbor, and the rest of the Southern New Jersey shore are within a one-tank radius of a huge portion of the population in northeastern states. While this has always been a factor in the popularity of Cape May County shore homes and vacations, rising gas prices make nearby getaway destinations even more attractive.
MAKO SHARKS cannot be harvested for the next two years, in order to protect the overfished species, and allow stocks to rebound. If caught, mako sharks must be returned to the water–live or dead–and cannot be retained. Mako sharks have been under heavy fishing pressure for years, as they are popular with both sport fisherman and commercial fisherman. Mako sharks often put up a thrilling fight for sport fisherman, and they are highly desirable on the dinner table, too. The two-year mako ban applies to all Atlantic states.
THE STONE HARBOR BOAT RAMP at 81st Street will be closed through April 15th for repairs. The ramp at Avalon’s Bay Park Marina at 54th Street is the closest option for those launching or retrieving boats.
TAX FREE RENTAL INCOME? Did you know you can rent your shore home and collect two weeks of rental income tax free? It’s a great way to earn income to cover some expenses, while still keeping the bulk of the summer for your own usage. If you’d like to take advantage of this great opportunity, please call or email me!
- Clean Ocean Action Beach Sweeps, Saturday, April 9th, 9am to 12:30pm. Info & registration here: https://cleanoceanaction.org/aboutbeachsweeps
- Avalon Home and Land Owners Association Community Connections. Meet & Greet with representatives from the Borough of Avalon; presentation by Joseph Rizzuto, Executive Director of the Cape May County Municipal Utilities Authority. Saturday, April 9th, 9:30am-Noon, Avalon Community Hall. AHLOA.com
- Stone Harbor Chamber of Commerce Job Fair. Stop in at 212 96th Street for a list of businesses hiring. Saturday, April 9th, 10am to 4pm.
- Easter EGGstravaganZOO: Meet the Easter Bunny and hunt for eggs at the Cape May County Park & Zoo. Saturday, April 9th, 10am to 2pm.
- Easter Egg Hunt, Stone Harbor Firehouse, Saturday, April 9th, 12pm.
- Easter Egg Scramble, Avalon Recreation Fields, 8th-12th Streets, Saturday, April 16th, 10am.
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting, Avalon Community Hall, Saturday, April 23rd, 8:30am. Please RSVP to Sue Keen at 609-967-5924 or Community Hall at 609-967-3066. Rain date Sunday, April 24th.
- Avalon Bulk Trash Collection, April 29th to May 8th. Place bulk items curbside. Note: construction and remodeling materials are not collected.
- Spring Into Summer, Stone Harbor Water Tower parking lot. Boats, paddleboards, water sports, bikes, fishing info, local breweries & more. Saturday, April 30th.
- Avalon Borough Wide Yard Sale, Saturday, May 7th, 8am-3pm, rain or shine. Visit Borough Hall for an application or call 609-967-3446 with questions.
- Avalon Paper Shredding Day, Avalon Public Works building, May 7th, 9am to 2pm.
- Stone Harbor Fire Company Blood Drive, at Women’s Civic Club. Wednesday, May 11th, 12pm.
- Stone Harbor Yard Sale, Women’s Civic Club Parking Lot, Saturday, May 14th, 8am-2pm.
7888 Dune Drive, 307, Avalon, $349,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220894
7888 Dune Drive, 124, Avalon, $492,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220879
2825 Dune Drive, 1, Avalon, $1,275,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220852
320 40th Street, Avalon, $1,699,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 220829
10815 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,799,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220881
642 22nd Street, 2nd Floor, Avalon, $1,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220846
250 48th Street, Avalon, $2,599,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220885
301 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,150,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220908
275 85th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220861
141 76th Street, Avalon, $5,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220903
162 76th Street, Avalon, $7,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220899
5499 Dune Drive, Avalon, $12,500,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220864
Properties Under Contract:
7800 Dune Drive, 307, Avalon, $325,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 220810
7900 Dune Drive, 305, Avalon, $335,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 214391
7888 Dune Drive, 207, Avalon, $339,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 220465
572 21st Street, 2nd Floor, Avalon, $1,150,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 220782
393 21st Street, Avalon, $1,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 214173
159 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,595,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 220799
2488 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $6,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 220417
7888 Dune Drive, 107, Avalon, $299,000, SOLD MLS#: 214416
177 80th Street, 111, Avalon, $650,000, SOLD MLS#: 214007
492 20th Street, East Unit, Avalon, $1,395,000, SOLD MLS#: 220314
276 33rd Street, East, Avalon, $1,575,000, SOLD MLS#: 220163
8823 2nd Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,425,000, SOLD MLS#: 213273
6934 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,875,000, SOLD MLS#: 213938
18 Sea Gull Drive, Avalon, $10,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 220915